Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

Default Re: Billy Zane recalls playing Ansem, sketches him from memory

The only drawback to retaining Zane as Ansem would have been witnessing the steady diminution of his character into a Team Rocket style crony and having him strain to make that believable. With Epcar blunting the impact, I don't really feel any attachment; it's almost fitting to have the performance lessened accordingly.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Really cool that Zane remembered and did care somewhat about the role! It really sounded like he had fun. I love Richard Epcar’s making the role his own, though. I also always thought that Clancy Brown would’ve been great to replace Zane. His light, delicate Lex Luthor type villain voice sounds quite a bit like Zane, but is unique in its own right.

unwavering duck pilot Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    hopscotch with your dad

It would have been nice to hear Zane return as Ansem in Re:COM and other future titles-- imagine how hype Terra's transformation into Terranort would have been if the reprised lines had been performed by Billy Zane.

My personal theory is the same. I think the casting director for KH2 didn't think Ansem's role was worth paying Zane again, so they found someone new to do the few necessary lines for the character, and that decision stuck for the rest of the franchise. Sure, Zane didn't have tons of lines in KH1, but he played a big pivotal role in the game that was certainly worth paying for the sought talent.

Registered
    May 2018
    None

Awww, that's cool that Zane remembered Ansem and drew a sketch of him. It's too bad he never returned but at least he gave us some of the most memorable lines from KH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12