Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Dec 2009
    Kingdom Hearts 3

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    I wonder whatever happened in the writing that the franchise started mishandling characters post CoM.
    Isn't that the point at which Nomura started to have a more active writing role, according to a recent interview?

Registered
    Jan 2014
    ...a brand new world, one heart at a time.
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianXXII View Post
    Isn't that the point at which Nomura started to have a more active writing role, according to a recent interview?
    I think it was after KH2, actually. And the reason vanilla KH2 ended up as it is was because it was rushed.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Kingdom Hearts III

I think it was after KH2, actually. And the reason vanilla KH2 ended up as it is was because it was rushed.
    Arguably the writing problems started with KH 2 (vanilla) and both the Final Mix as well as the Handheld trinity (Days, Coded, BBS) were intended to solve the mess made by the vanilla KH 2 which was rushed and too reliant on some generic shounen tropes which were "hip" back in the day.
    Interestingly, out of the handheld trinity only BBS was initially planned and intended to fill the same spot as CoM did in terms of bridging main games.
    Days and Coded were added later.

If I recall correctly during KH 2 there was still Kazushige Nojima involved with the writing as well (and he doesn't have too great of a reputation either for this series) but afterwards it was largely Nomura alone and the Handheld trinity already suffered for it.

Still, there was Daisuke Watanabe partly involved at least with Days and BBS as a scenario writer and him as well as Jun Akiyama (who was involved only with KH 1) were usually credited for doing the more solid writing when it came to the KH series.

Registered
    Nov 2018
    None

I'm doing some post-game content and I just realized my customized shortcut spells never updated and I've been using the weaker versions of each spell during all this time.

I thought that would update automatically once I got a stronger version. I don't see any reason of wanting to use something weaker.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Arguably the writing problems started with KH 2 (vanilla) and both the Final Mix as well as the Handheld trinity (Days, Coded, BBS) were intended to solve the mess made by the vanilla KH 2 which was rushed and too reliant on some generic shounen tropes which were "hip" back in the day.
    Interestingly, out of the handheld trinity only BBS was initially planned and intended to fill the same spot as CoM did in terms of bridging main games.
    Days and Coded were added later.

If I recall correctly during KH 2 there was still Kazushige Nojima involved with the writing as well (and he doesn't have too great of a reputation either for this series) but afterwards it was largely Nomura alone and the Handheld trinity already suffered for it.

Still, there was Daisuke Watanabe partly involved at least with Days and BBS as a scenario writer and him as well as Jun Akiyama (who was involved only with KH 1) were usually credited for doing the more solid writing when it came to the KH series.
    They should get these peeps back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba Neku View Post
    I'm doing some post-game content and I just realized my customized shortcut spells never updated and I've been using the weaker versions of each spell during all this time.

I thought that would update automatically once I got a stronger version. I don't see any reason of wanting to use something weaker.
    It's because each spell and its upgrades function differently.

Organization Member kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    KH3 (OBVIOUSLY)

I've mentioned the whole "how I would've done Arendelle" aspect already, but I've found my main issue with that chapter is that the trio don't really form a connection with anyone except Marshmallow. The other characters are all just kind of awkwardly "oh, hi" like they're struggling to remember those three weirdos. Which is a shame, as I could easily imagine, say, a connection between the trio and Elsa had they had more time to hang out before Elsa isolated herself.
    But at the same time, I feel it's for the best that SDG didn't get to interfere too much. It would have been a bit insulting to the movie's story if Anna and Elsa needed help from three men to mend their sisterly bond.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go

Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    I've mentioned the whole "how I would've done Arendelle" aspect already, but I've found my main issue with that chapter is that the trio don't really form a connection with anyone except Marshmallow. The other characters are all just kind of awkwardly "oh, hi" like they're struggling to remember those three weirdos. Which is a shame, as I could easily imagine, say, a connection between the trio and Elsa had they had more time to hang out before Elsa isolated herself.
    But at the same time, I feel it's for the best that SDG didn't get to interfere too much. It would have been a bit insulting to the movie's story if Anna and Elsa needed help from three men to mend their sisterly bond.
    I think SDG interactions with Arendelle are how the development possibly felt with Disney's restrictions: alienated.

Registered
    May 2007
    KH3 (OBVIOUSLY)

So if Aqua was trapped in the realm of darkness for ten years, how did she not starve to death? Was she eating Heartless? Why the hell did Riku and Mickey not bring a sandwich?

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

So if Aqua was trapped in the realm of darkness for ten years, how did she not starve to death? Was she eating Heartless? Why the hell did Riku and Mickey not bring a sandwich?
    I like to think she ate rocks.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Sora’s mom was so upset he didn’t come down for dinner, the entire meal fell to darkness. That must’ve been what she ate.

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

Oh wow something just occured to me in regards to Terra
    Eraqus never named Terra a master. He could have done that before he passed on. That would have been the perfect opportunity too

Registered
    May 2018
    Kingdom Hearts 3

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Eraqus never named Terra a master. He could have done that before he passed on. That would have been the perfect opportunity too
    Well thats another thing to add to the long list of missed opportunities in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Registered
    May 2007
    KH3 (OBVIOUSLY)

Come to think of it, surely Ven was starving once he woke up? No eating for ten years!

Registered
    Jan 2018
    Playing
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    Well thats another thing to add to the long list of missed opportunities in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
    Well, for what it's worth,
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go

I think SDG interactions with Arendelle are how the development possibly felt with Disney's restrictions: alienated.
    They interfere against the interference, that's good enough, I think.

Registered
    Jan 2019
    None

Sorry if this has already been discussed - I haven't combed through the thread - but what is the likelihood that Eraqus and Xehanort were part of a trio with a currently unknown girl? I don't believe a relationship like this is ever alluded to in KH3, but given Nomura's love of trios it seems very likely. Probably has something to do with why Xehanort went off the deep end, I imagine.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast