Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Persona: Icebound In Medias Res

The snowy obstacle course was buying Sno precious seconds. The bio-recovery implementation was slowly running its course and she could feel the pain in her side slowly dissipate. It would only take a few more minutes until her wounds were healed. After, it would be a straight brawl between her and the exhausted Persona users. She would be at full power while they were on their last legs. If the shifting pillars knocked the two boys out now, that would leave even less work for her. Just as Sno was finishing that thought, she saw the impossible. Both users had made their way through the pillars and were charging straight for her. How much energy did these two have?! Without hesitating, Sno scooped at the ground, grabbing a handful of white powder. She threw it at the boys as it sharpened mid-flight into a pointed icicle. The icy attack shattered loudly against Saito's clacker, but the pair were still rushing towards her. Sno readied herself for the incoming attacks and was able to lift both arms to block the kick which pushed her back a bit. She kept her arms near her face as the boy crouched to punch upwards and was able to grip his fist, negating the blow. Just as she was going to swing Saito around like a lasso and toss him aside, Sno felt a sharp stinging pain on her side.

Her waiting arm blocked her side view just enough to cause a blind spot where Saito's third attack connected. Sno toppled over, sliding off the main path the van had been traveling through and towards the lower area of an embankment, where the woods began anew and a nearby set of stone stairs allowed for easily reaching the road. The kick had been enough to disrupt the regeneration of her bio-recovery, and even offset it. Already her vision was beginning to dim, and her eyes were heavy. Could she be on the wrong side of this after all? Sno looked up from the embankment to see both Max and Saito posing to attack, with their Persona's silhouettes behind them. Without wasting any more time, the pair jumped towards towards her and struck. There were two distinct 'clang' noises that rang throughout the forest as Sno's hands caught the attacks. Saito's blade was held firmly in her right hand while Max's scythe rested on the palm of her left. Though apparently unscathed, it was obvious Sno was struggling against the duo's strength as she was slowly lowering to the ground, unable to push back against the weapons. She fell to one knee as the pressure overcame her and as her eyelids began to close, the two couldn't help but notice a small smile slowly spread across her face.
    "
    I had...forgotten," Sno mumbled, "that Persona users draw their strength from the bonds they have made. If you had made a bond with her..." Sno lowered even further as she began to lose her footing, "then I should have known there wasn't anything you wouldn't do to save her." Sno closed her eyes completely as clear fluid--almost like water--began to flow from her hands where she grabbed the weapons. The two fighters heard Sno let out one last long breath and expected her to collapse, but instead where surprised to feel her resistance grow as a chilling wind blew through the embankment and a thick layer of frost began to crawl along the edges of the weapons towards the duo. Sno snapped her eyes open as she pushed herself off the ground and began to press against Max and Saito.

Then the skills kicked. A sudden flash of white, hot, sharp pain raced through her arm and sliced into her head. It only lasted for an instant but was enough to break her resistance as a second surge of power raced through her system. The electricity jolted from limb to limb as her arms visibly shook against the weapons. Sno's mind went black, and the last th
    ing she felt was the soft snow meeting her face as she fell forward.
    "Cut her diddlying head off!" Crystal called from the road above.
    "
    Crystal, no," Val said, annoyed. "Let's get you back to the van, come on..."

---

Charles watched on as everyone got themselves comfortable in the room with detective Lance's inclusion. He stood from his seat to get everyone's attention and walked forward where everyone could see him.
    "Before I start, I need everyone to know that this all stays with us. Even you, detective. Though if you tried to tell this to anyone on the force, no one would believe you anyway. So let's get started. So uh, alright this all started when people started going missing and their dead bodies would later be found under the ice of frozen lakes. Spooky stuff. So a bunch of dumb teenagers at nearby school got together and formed a club." At this point Charles reached into inner coat pocket and produced a piece of paper folded four times. After unraveling it and putting it on the table, the group could see it was a poster for an investigation club.
    Zoey pipped up, "That's the club Crystal wanted me to join. She made it."
    "Except she didn't." Charles produced a second identical poster and placed it next to the first. Then he pointed to the names on both of them. The first said 'Crystal Donn,' while the second said 'Cures Candidus.' "Recognize him?" Charles asked, eyeing detective Lance. "Cures created this club because he wanted to learn the truth and felt he could reach it. And he probably could have. Everyone who agreed to be a part of the club investigated the Loveless-Lovelast pond, which had some silly unimportant rumor about confessions attached to it. Anyway, once there they were pulled into the water. One by one, by an unseen force. They awoke in another world. A world of dark monsters where you can be your worst enemy. It was a little before this that Sarah Bell Pepper had joined the club and was dragged under as well. But they managed to fight their way out with something called...wait for it...Personas.

"Personas are a physical representation of one's soul. They're quite literally the mask we wear, once we accept ourselves for who we are. Persona users are able to fight dangerous enemies called Shadows, which are the opposite of Personas. Those are the parts we try to hide from everyone; what the mask covers up. Everyone has a Shadow, and in exchange for the power to survive, Crystal gave up her body to her Shadow. So...yeah, the person walking around isn't Crystal, it's like a mean doppelganger, but she's trying to get the normal Crystal back--"
    "Wait, where's Crystal? What are you talking about?"
    "Yeah. Um. We don't know. Or at least, I don't. She's somewhere in the Shadow World, probably. Safe, but far from sound. She'll be fine--like I said her Shadow is looking for her too and we're going to too, if you all agree to help. Before that I need to finish up my story. So, the club went around trying to figure out what was happening and found one of the missing person's Shadow. A young woman by the name of Claire. Before the fight could be resolved, something happened. Something that really shouldn't have.

"We call it a Time Shift. It's when someone or something messes with the world and changes things. It can change the order of events that happened, change genetic material, shift people's entire personalities and lives, or just move a lamp somewhere two inches to the right. While the club was fighting, the Shift happened and spit them out into a new world. They're the only ones who remember things how they were before. A theory I have is that Crystal's Shadow being in the real world was such a rare occurrence that it was the cause of the Time Shift, but I don't have any proof to back that up. That silver haired chick they group were fighting? She thinks the same thing, but also thinks that killing the Shadow will set things right. I don't know how true that is." Charles paused to take a drink of water before continuing. "A few things that I know were changed with the Shift. First is that Cures and Pepper and a few of the other club members are just...straight up gone. The first two are missing children, but I don't even know if the others exist in this time line and I don't have any way to find out. Second is that I now have a bum leg." Charles tapped his damaged foot with his cane for emphasis. "Before all of this I was an attendant of the Velvet Room--oh I'll talk about that too in a second--but now I can barely run despite being in my late twenties. Finally, my friend and fellow Velvet Room attendant, Theodore, has gone missing. Probably somewhere in the Shadow World. I want to ask all of you for your help in finding him. You can think of it as some on-the-job training. And finally, the Velvet room is where that pointy noise old dude hangs out. Igor. He's kind of creepy but knows how to pick Persona users. The Velvet Room is only for people who have formed a contract with him, and are therefore Persona users. If you've seen him or have been inside an incredibly purple room, you've already dove in, which I think all of you already have.

"So...that's my pitch. I need your help to save Theo, find Crystal's self, and figure out what caused the Time Shift. Oh, also. I should mention that there's a great calamity coming onto the world soon and only Persona users--that is to say, you--can stop it. If you don't, then the world's going to end so you should try and get a grasp on your powers sooner rather than later. No pressure though. Boy I'm not used to talking this much. Can I get another glass of water? I finished mine a while ago."
    Last edited by Cassette-Disk; March 10, 2018 at 01:53 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Persona 5 (NG+), Pokémon Ultra Sun, Smash 4 (3DS), D&D

Saito grew confident as his assault bore fruit. He mostly expected the first kick to be blocked by Sno. Especially since he was approaching from the front. Also what helped to do her in last time was a kick to the face. He wasn't done as shown by the uppercut which was stopped with her hand. His knuckles flared up in pain as he felt that he just hit concrete. He ignored the pain and followed up with not only a kick that hit its mark, but his Persona slashing down as well.

Saito's eyes grew in surprise when Sno caught his and Max's Persona's strikes. Shit. I threw everything I had left in that last combo. What now?

As soon as he thought that, he felt Ronin's silhouette start to fade and waver. Also, he started panting harder and faster. When he did, he saw the white-haired android's legs buckle. But she had a smile on despite that.

Sno then rambled on about the power of friendship that Saito half-paid attention to. It was then ice started to form on Ronin's and Pale Rider's blades and her legs sprung forward to attack. He flinched into a battle stance to take her on. Her effort was quashed by a sudden shutdown.

Saito didn't know if it was his electricity that did her in or that she ran out of stamina. Either way, she was down and he was glad. He stood there for a couple of seconds to make sure she was really knocked out. Shortly after that, Ronin's silhouette and the ice caked on his blade faded away. When that energy left him, he sat down on the steps to recuperate for a little bit and put his goggles around his neck.

"Now what to do with her?" Saito asked himself as he looked at Sno.

"Cut her diddlying head off!" Crystal loudly suggested as if she heard him.

Saito yelled back, "Nice of you to contribute, but no!" He also heard Valerie refute that as she pushed the Shadow-possessed girl to the Jeep.

Saito made his way up to the car as well then asked the group, "What should we do with her? We can call an ambulance to pick her up, drag her to the main path and hope someone calls one, leave her here, or tie her up with jumper cables and bring her with us to try to get some answers."

The brawler then clarified, "I prefer getting answers, but I don't know how cooperative she'd be after waking up. If our initial encounters are any indication, not much. Especially since she hates Crystal and I can assume vice versa. I don't want to talk to the authorities if we can help it. At the same time, I'd feel bad about leaving her here to freeze."

As the idea popped into his head, he said, "Oh, we can also take off the car's plates, dump her in front of the hospital, and go. Either way we should put it to a vote."

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

"Cut her diddlying head off!" I heard Crystal yell as Valerie maneuvered her into the jeep. I gripped at my scythe and turned our fallen foe.

"It's not like it would be our worst option, but..."

"Nice of you to contribute, but no!" Saito chimed in as he headed back to the jeep. "What should we do with her? We can call an ambulance to pick her up, drag her to the main path and hope someone calls one, leave her here, or tie her up with jumper cables and bring her with us to try to get some answers. I prefer getting answers, but I don't know how cooperative she'd be after waking up. If our initial encounters are any indication, not much. Especially since she hates Crystal and I can assume vice versa. I don't want to talk to the authorities if we can help it. At the same time, I'd feel bad about leaving her here to freeze.Oh, we can also take off the car's plates, dump her in front of the hospital, and go. Either way we should put it to a vote."

"I'd honestly like to get some answers too, but I just don't know." I crouched down and looked over Sno, examining her face and hair, her body completely unmoving and frozen in time. "She seems far from human, and if she had it her way I don't think we would be breathing right now. But I don't know. If we kill her now, if we can kill her, I don't think we'll learn anything."

I looked up to Valerie who was standing beside her open jeep door and Crystal who was looking outside from the window.
    "I think we should do what Saito mentioned and tie her up; throw her in the back of the jeep. I just hope the jumper cables will hold, I'm not sure how strong she is..."

Valerie nodded and Crystal rolled her eyes. Majority rules I guess, because in short time we had her tied up as best we could and tossed into the back of the jeep before we were on our way. As Valerie drove, I leaned my head against the window. The cool glass felt nice on my forehead. "You guys, where are we headed anyways?"

If someone answered my question, I became too distracted to hear them. I felt the frost on my forehead from the window and pulled away. Outside things started to look not quite right as ice slowly began to engulf the trees and the road. I heard a noise from the back of the jeep and turned to see Sno's eyes glowing as a foreign sound escaped her mouth, and then a moaning that sounded like that of Crystal's voice filled my ears as my vision began to fade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to the Velvet Room," the cool and chipper voice of an unknown female said to me. "Was that okay?" My vision focused on her, and across from me in the blue-clad plane was and attractive blonde girl with gold eyes. She looked to be about my age, her hair was shoulder length and parted to the right, and she wore a similar blue uniform to the one Theodore had.

"That was fine," Igor said, sitting beside her. "But this is no new guest, he's been here on a couple of occasions before, so he knows this is the Velvet Room."

"My apologies," she said to me as she flashed me an open mouthed smile. Her teeth were perfect and her smile genuine.

"What's going on?" I asked. "Why am I here again, what happened in the van? And who are you, what happened to Theodore?"

"You asked for a different attendent, a cute girl if I remember correctly,"Igor said from behind his huge nose. "She is our newest addition and will be working with you from here on out."

"My name is Melody," she said, "I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance, and I look forward to working with you."

"Working with me on what?"

"That will come in due time," Igor said. Until then, you must concentrate on the matter at hand. One of Sno's functionalities kicked in in an unexpected way due to both her current status and in reaction to Crystal's Shadow's strong presence. It's quite the mess, but I think you might find you've fallen down the rabbit hole once you wake up."

"Wait, this doesn't make s-"

"Until next time!" Melody said, her smile unwavering.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It felt as quick and natural as a blink of the eye. One moment I had been sitting on the plane and the next I was back in the jeep with all of my friends (plus one). The windows had been frosted over and the temperature dropped immensely. I let out a sigh and watched my breath form in front me.

"I think we're back," I said. "Back in that shadow world."

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound Roxie1563's Avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2012
    Persona 5 (PS4)

As soon as Charles finished his story, all Chloe wanted to at this time was to point and laugh and call him an idiot. But something inside her said otherwise and judging from Charles' look on his face proved otherwise, other than asking for more water since all that talking made him thirsty than usual.

Getting up and grabbing his glass, Chloe proceeded on to the kitchen to refill while thinking on the story as she flipped the handle to the right for the cool water that fell into the glass. It was one thing to say, other to believe as her parents would say, but for Chloe herself while glancing to make sure it didn't overflow, she did believe after all.

Turning the sink off and returning to the others, Chloe gave Charles the biggest grin to let him know he wasn't insane at all and didn't needed to be committed to any asylums before sitting down back on her chair, careful not to let her staff hit anyone else when something popped in her head, which caused her to bring her eyebrows together; It was something that usually happens when she gets something in her head.

"This Time Shift you mentioned earlier in your story," said Chloe as she crossed her leg over the other, her arms crossing her chest. "It sounds something from Back to the Future: Part Two and for those who don't get the reference, it's a movie that is pretty much about time travel and what have you, only this is real."

Looking at Charles for a minute then grabbing the two posters in her hands and showing the others as a demonstration to her thought, she continued on. "The poster on my right with Cures has to be from the original timeline where the whole Time Shift didn't happen and probably the rest of us that are here didn't come together in the first place while the other on the left is from this alternative timeline where the shift did happen, which would explain why Cures and Pepper are missing and Zoey's friend, Crystal are the leader of this club, so to speak."

Putting the posters back on the table and feeling like Doc Brown, the energized actress suddenly rose from her chair, zoomed to the door then opening and heading to her office to grab her father's clear marker board and marker then returned to the others as if she never left in the first place. There she wrote what she said earlier while adding the stuff she memorized from the scene of Doc and Marty talking about it.

Turning the others to let them see what she wrote up on the board while taking a sip from her own cup of tea to refresh her voice before returning to it, Chloe continued on. "If there's a way to fix this Shift would be to figure out the who, when, where and why. Obviously, Charles and this mysterious woman that the three of us saw at the cafe with the exception of Erin knows it has to be Crystal's Shadow."

Concluding her thoughts on it, Chloe slapped the lid back on the marker then set it back on the handle while adding one thing. "In all likelihood, the best way to get to somewhere is to find Crystal's true body and that's heading to the Loveless Pond," she spoke firmly and hoping they'll believe her as she lend on the top of a table, waiting for anyone to agree with the method or not.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

I stepped out of the frost-covered car and almost slipped as my feet hit the sheet of ice now covering the ground. Ahead of us was a tall, semi-trasparent woman made of ice. A sense of doom overcame me as the knowledge was pounded into my brain by Thor's hammer that she was indeed a goddess, a literal goddess with curves chizzled in all the right places.

"You've arrived at long last." Her words were like biting wind as they passed through each of us, now standing outside of the car.

"Who are you?!" Saito yelled out to her as he guarded his face from her icy words with his arms.

"I am none other than Izanami!" She said. "I've waited entirely too long with the group who played with the T.V.s and wore glasses to see through my fog. I've decided to do what I know is best this time. I will cover this world in ice; I will freeze all of the puny humans who are so scared of death, freeze them in time where they can stay forever young in my ice kingdom!"

"This chick is like, evil-Elsa incarnated..." Valerie said. Her joke was definitely appropriate, but her cool tone and expression showed no humor.

"Crystal, what's going on?" I whispered to her, almost as if to hold the goddess Izanami off from hearing me. Crystal stared in awe. Was this goddess unknown to her as well? And what was this talk of T.V.s and fog?

"Shall we arrange the rest of the cast?" Izanami said. She threw her arms up in the air as if conducting a symphony, and many large icicles launched up from the ground. Once the icicles were at eye level in midair, I could see into them, clear as day, and inside each was a person. The one directly in front of me was Cures.

My eyes darted around. With a glance at each icebound person's face, their names and their stories became engraved in my mind the same as the knowledge of the goddess Izanami before. Jack, Claire, Peppers, Noel, all familiar missing faces.

And then there were the new faces. Erin Lane, the detective. Chloe, the entertainer with a hotel legacy. Mavis, who helps out at the orphanage, Zoey, the violinist, and more. More names and stories connecting to the faces of those trapped in ice started overflowing in my head.

And then I knew what I had to do.

"RrrrrrrraaAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHH!" I shouted as I threw off my jacket and ripped off my shirt. The ice beneath my feet began to melt as my fiery rage filled with with energy. "PALE RIDER!"

Pale rider swept out of the air on his horse, and without my having to say a word, he lifted me up onto his horse. I stood straight up, my feet side by side, arms crossed, on the top of the horse's head, his mane tickling my feet as the wind blew through it. Pale Rider rode around to each frozen friend, each frozen unmet ally, and with my fury alone I melted the ice around them as we passed until they were all freed.

"He's- he's so cool..." Superstar Chloe Bennett whispered as her gaze met mine.

"Cool... And handsome," Mavis added.

"Now all of my friends across the universe are freed, Izanami. You really think you can stand a chance against us?!"

"This is ridiculous, wake up!" She shouted as she began to melt. Her body became smaller and smaller, but never lost form, until she was the size of a normal human woman. I hopped off of Pale Rider's horse and walked up to her to look her in the eye.

"I know your weakness, Max. I know you can't defeat me in a dance battle, and until that day arrives, this world is doomed to be entrapped in my ice.

I took a shaken step back. She knew what she was talking about. I didn't even want to turn and look my friends in the eyes knowing I had let them down. I fell to my hands and knees, and Izanami's ice started to slowly climb around my arms and legs, embracing me, taking me into her.

Yes, that's right, Max. Let me take you, and then I shall take all of the others, and you can live in my world..."

That was when the wall of the icy mountain beside us shattered. I turned my head to look at it, and out walked another Velvet Room attendant I had yet to meet, and floating beside her was a door with the shell of a man infused to it.

"I am Elizabeth!" the woman shouted, And his time to awaken, HAS COME!" She yelled this as dramatically as possible, and the man on the door started to separate himself from it. His hair became a brilliant blue, and out of thin air a high school uniform formed on his body. He floated down to the ground and approached me.

"I am known by many names," he said. "Some have known me as Makoto, some as Minato, even some as Door-Kun. But what's important is that on this day, I have risen again, to give you my greatest gift."

As Makoto snapped his fingers, Izanami's ice that had been embracing me melted away. I stood up, and Makoto gestured for me to look back at Crystal. He spread his arms, and Crystal split into two, her normal self and her shadow self now two individual beings. At the flick of his wrist, a piano of ice formed in front of them, and the identical girls took their seats side by side at the piano and began playing the world's most beautiful unimaginable melody.

Makoto turned to Zoey, and with a wave of his hand a violin of ice was in her arms. She began playing along with the Crystals, and then I knew.

"Saito, Valerie, back me up." And while I wasn't positive, I had a feeling my backup dancers were already behind me, ready to follow me into hell and back.

"Now take all of your newfound protag-swag, and win. I want to take Elizabeth and show her my dorm room, the same way I had long ago." And with that, Makoto and Elizabeth vanished.

A foot tap here, a wave of my arms there.
    Valerie, Saito, and I all danced right up in Izanami's business to the perfect song that was Crystal-Squared-Zoey. Izanami tried to dance back, arching her back in unfathomably over-professional dance waves, flinging her hair to the tune, but my lack of actual knowledge of any dance terms whatsoever while typing this and her unfortunate position as the antagonist, guaranteed our victory.

And as the song reached it's end, the three of us struck out in a pose as Chloe, Mavis, Erin, Cures, Peppers, and everybody yelled "FRIENDSHIP AND DREAMS!" and delivered simultaneous roundhouse kicks to Izanami's face, shattering her ice queen expression and putting an end to her once and for all.

With that, the many women of our story surrounded me, all eager to be my newfound post-story bride and live happily ever after with me. All but two of them that is.

The Crystals each took one of Saito's arms and gave him a kiss on each cheek. He turned to me and gave me an out of character goofy grin and a thumbs up. I thumbsed upped him back, and hugged my harem of Zoey, Valerie, Mavis, Chloe, Erin, Sno, the Velvet Room Girls, the shards of shattered Izanami, and anyone I may have forgotten that Makoto gifted me since every Persona protag is a swag-master McMan, myself now included.

And we lived happily ever after~

The End

Last edited by Max; April 2, 2018 at 12:57 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Crystal's left fist connected with Max's face, knocking him out of the car door window where he rolled out like a sack of pudding. His head lolled out of the window first, then the weight of his body combined with gravity sluggishly forced his body downwards. Plop.
    "Wake up already!"
    "Hey! No violence in my car!" Val yelled.
    "He fell out of the car if it matters," Crystal cradled her pain-filled arm. "Besides, it hurt my hand more than it hurt him. Probably. AND we have a killer robot tied up in the trunk!" Val just sighed. She had parked the jeep as soon as the group made the jump from their world to this one.

"Why are we here? I really really don't want to be here." Valerie turned around to face Crystal and Saito. "You didn't have anything to do with this, did you miss shadow?"
    "Oh yeah totally." Crystal brought her arms up and wiggled her fingers as if she were telling a ghost story. "I've changed my mind and decided to betray everyone here after you all helped me escape the killbot. I opened a portal so that I could feast on all of your souls. OOOooooOOOOoo."

In that instant, Sno's head peaked out from the back seat.

"Whasshappening? Professor? Did I do it? Am I the hero?" There was a minute as everyone still in the car shared a moment of silence as they all slowly pieced together what was happening--and nobody moved. Sno was the first to react by jumping up in sudden realization and bashed her head against the roof. This caused Crystal to run out of the jeep.
    "Kill it with fire!" She screeched. Val only gaped as the android shut her eyes tightly against the pain. Sno struggled with her binds, but it was no use. Whoever tied her up had done so in a way that squeezed her (already damaged) recovery module, leaving her in an incredibly weak state. The jeep's back door swung open as a screaming Crystal grabbed Sno into a headlock. "I got her! I got her! Someone stab her, quick!"
    "
    No wait, I--gah!" Crystal's angry grip was too strong for Sno to break out of and she did the only thing she could. Sno reared her head forward and slammed it backwards into Crystal's forehead. Crystal released her hold and rubbed both her hands against her head in pain as Sno rolled in the car's interior for the same reason.
    "What is wrong with you?! Is this how you treat a prisoner? I've been treated better in actual prisons."

Sno sat up in the back
    compartment as Saito and Val made their way to the back of the jeep. Val made a detour to pick up Max who was mumbling something about friendship and dreams. Sno scowled at the floor as visible tears welled up against her cheeks. As one fell, it turned to ice before silently shattering against the ground.
    "This is the worst thing that could have happened. Never in my travels have I been so humiliated." Sno looked out the windows and realized where they were. "And you've taken me to the Shadow World to finish me off? Overkill. Have you no shame?!"
    "Would you shut up?!" Crystal slammed a fist against the jeep. "We want answers, damn it! Who are you and want do you want?!"
    Sno shifted to her knees before speaking,
    "I told you. I'm from the Next Generation. I was supposed to be reversing a Time Shift that occurred because you--a shadow--took over a human's body. Idiot." She added. "Now it's my turn. Why are we in the shadow world?"
    "That's MY question! What are we doing here?!" Crystal literally growled as Val pipped up.
    "We were driving through the forest trying to get out when we suddenly found ourselves here."
    "...With me in the trunk." Sno gaped at the roof of the jeep as a stupid expression crossed her face. It was a combination of shock, inconceivableness, and hopelessness. "I have a warp drive in my torso. If I was knocked out for more than ten minutes it was supposed to warp me back home. I think since you're a shadow and were spewing your disgusting dark energy in the jeep, it must have interfered with it and sent me--and the entire vehicle--here instead."
    "So it IS your fault!"
    "M-Me?! You're the one who messed with my functions!" Sno rose once more in anger but hit her head with the roof again. "Merde!" Fresh pain-filled tears washed her eyeline.

"What was that about a Time Shift? What does that even mean?"
    "It means the time line is all messed up. Something changed--it happens all the time. But it's usually things that don't matter so no one notices. Items go missing or moved a few inches. Things that can be easily forgotten or explained away. 'the dryer ate a sock,' 'I must have misplaced my keys,' things like that. But a shadow taking over a human body and interacting with the outside world? That takes the cake. In theory, you're the cause of all of this. If I were to remove the shadow from the equation, the time line would revert back to normal."
    "In theory, right? It would revert back in theory?"
    Sno smiled,
    "That part's tried and true." She shifted around and sat with her legs crossed and sighed. "None of that matters now though. I wouldn't dare attack a shadow here, especially one with friends. Besides, if I'm being held prisoner it's not like I even could." Sno looked out the front windshield. "You're all Persona Users right? Because it looks like you have work to do." She motioned ahead of them where an icy garden awaited them. From this distance they could only make out a completely frozen row of hedges and flowers. They might have been green at one point, but the frost had taken them completely "I don't have a way out, so exploring and doing whatever it is you lot did last time is probably your best bet." Sno looked at Crystal and wiggled her left leg at her. Under her dress was a pair of shorts with zipped up pockets. "Hey, Shadow. Open that." Crystal made a face but did as she was told. Inside was what looked like a pack of breath mints. "That's medicine. It'll recover all of your stamina. It'll be like you guys took a nice long rest. They taste like blueberries. The professor was always fond of blueberries."

"You don't really think we're gonna eat these, right? After you tried to kill us?"
    "Hey, I'm trapped here now. Same as you. If you die out there, I'm going to be locked in this jeep until I rust away. There's no way you're gonna let me walk freely with you, so if I can at least make sure you're at your fighting best, I'll do it. Check my pockets again. There should be half a dozen ear pieces in another container. They're tiny and unnoticeable unless someone knew about them. If you put them on I can see what you see and we can all communicate with one another. I can give advice about shadows from here. Think of it as mission control." Crystal took the tiny earbuds and shared a look with everyone.
    "I'm not sure about any of this. I kinda wanna just punch you again."
    Sno squirmed against the jumper cables.
    "I'm trying to be nice here! Hey, tough guy!" She looked at Saito. "You're out of your throwing things right? Here." Sno stared at the air in front of her as condensed air warped itself like swirling eddies in a rapid river. In an instant, the swirls were replaced by an icy clacker that landed inside the jeep. Sno breathed a bit heavier than before as a bead of sweat formed on her forehead.
    "It's made of ice but won't shatter or break so don't hold back. It's cold to the touch though, and might melt if it stays near fire for too long. It's still ice, after all. How many do you think you'll need?" Sno looked at the group. Nobody said anything. "...Alright. Obviously, you don't trust me. That's fine--I don't expect you to. But what will it take for you to do as I ask so that we can all get out of here alive?"

---

Charles took his glass of water and drank deeply from it as Chloe spoke.
    "Oh, you guys have Back to the Future here? Can we watch it? ...Later? It's a great film." Chloe then brought a clear marker board from...somewhere and outlined the timelines like they did in the movies. "Have you thought about auditioning for a remake? I'm thinking a younger hot version of Doc would really hit it big. Anyway, that's pretty much the gist of it, yeah. That woman thinks she can cheat the system by removing the Shadow outright. Her company thinks that if they kill the Shadow, everything will right itself. Whether or not that's true doesn't matter--she won't be able to kill the Shadow. Not when she's outnumbered like that. What does matter is that we get the real girl out of the other world, fix the timeline, and everything will be just as it ever was. Easy peasy, right?
    Last edited by Cassette-Disk; April 2, 2018 at 07:39 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2006
    Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
    Kamigami no Asobi, FFXV, Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem: Awakening

~- Reluctant Ally-~

Mavis allowed Charles to touch her tarot deck, despite it going against her deepest instincts. Seeing the tower get pulled, Mavis almost stepped back words even as her airway closed off from shock. Allowing the conversation to happen around her, Mavis thought over the meaning of the words. Chloe seemed to have recovered the fastest to Charles bombshell of a revaluation, which just impressed the dark haired reader even more. Thinking of her visions, Mavis absent mindedly flipped through her deck, setting the cards that matched the people in the room up right on the table for everyone to see. She couldn't explain how she knew those cards worked, it just felt right to her to pull them and show them to the others.

"Igor's annoying, I'll say that much at least." Mavis whispered softly, doing it both to keep eavesdroppers from overhearing and because she didn't want to trust her voice.

Her mind turned over the dreams she'd been having recently, about a shadowy world and a world that somehow felt similar to hers but so wrong at the same time. Looking at the Empress card, Mavis pondered the meaning of it as her right hand started flipping more cards onto the table. Death. Priestess. Strength. Star. Ace of Swords. Nine of swords. Three of swords.

The new cards made her frown, all of these cards had been too frequent in her recent readings when she'd been thinking of her dreams. She knew that the suit of swords had been perfect for Adam, but the other ones were strange since she knew they were connected to Crystal's group, people who felt like familiar strangers to her and she wasn't entirely sure what to think of that idea. She did like the Back to the Future reference, even if she didn't usually watch it. (She may have had a tiny crush on the Doc when she was younger).

Hearing Charles following commentary on the situation, Mavis rubbed her forehead and finished her tea before she finally decided to continue her opinion. "I believe you Charles, even if I don't trust you. As for the Shadow world, it won't be that simple Chloe. I can't explain how I know that, I just do." She said cautiously, no other emotion showing through.

It's because of your dreams, sweetie.

She didn't know if it was this supposed "Persona" or her mother that said that, but she pushed it to the side for the time being. Looking to the others, she smiled a little bit and gathered up her cards, leaving the card of Death up on the table. It did fit, the life that they all knew had died, they weren't ever going to be the same as they were before this conversation. "I'd rather not get involved, but there's a couple of people that is missing still that's important to me. So, for now I guess, you can count me in on this trip."
    Last edited by Skitty Cat; April 6, 2018 at 05:37 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Persona 5 (NG+), Pokémon Ultra Sun, Smash 4 (3DS), D&D

Saito got into the passenger's seat of the jeep. After that, he shoved his gloves in his coat pockets and put his goggles back around his neck. He let his exhaustion take over and shut his eyes for a bit. His rest was interrupted by the all too familiar sound of fist hitting face. What now? he asked himself through Crystal's and Valerie's arguing. He turned around to see that Max wasn't in the car anymore. The next moment, Sno got up from the back seat asking something that a stunned Saito didn't process.

Saito was the third or fourth to react by jumping back towards the door. He opened it and followed Crystal to the back of the vehicle. After a quick scuffle between the golden-eyed girl and the android, the latter was complaining how she was being treated and humiliated. To which the Irishman crossed his arms then replied, "Hey, you were one pickin' a fight with us. You reap what you sow."

The red-eyed youth listened while Sno gave exposition her explanation of both how they wound up in the Shadow World again and why they were in a different Nyx. When the robot girl questioned her traveling arrangements, Saito chimed in up with, "If it makes you feel any better, that was my idea. We needed answers and you not trying to kill us again. And hey, we're getting both. Too bad your broken shit got us trapped here of all places."

Sno then brought forth some pills while she claimed that would restore their stamina ann some ear pieces for communication. He looked at the items, then Sno, and back to the items suspiciously. His attention was brought back to to the white-haired girl calling him out and creating a clacker for him. That was followed by asking how many more he needed.

The half-Irishman saw the tired look on the android's face and said, "Just these will do fine. I'm more of a brawler anyway." He pocketed the new weapon and finally looked out to the icy garden. Signing himself over to whatever comes next, he donned his gloves and goggles again.

Sno spoke up again with,
    "Alright. Obviously, you don't trust me. That's fine--I don't expect you to. But what will it take for you to do as I ask so that we can all get out of here alive?"

Saito took a few seconds to mull this over. As soon as he thought of something, he said, "I don't speak for the group, but, again, you can start by not attackin' us and I expect answers when we need them."

Without stopping, he asked, "Like what if we knocked you out for another ten minutes and kept Crystal in the front of the car while you're in the trunk? Would that bring us back to the real world? I would prefer no more of this nonsense today."

On top of that, he added, "Last time we were here, at least in our original timeline, we fought some girl's Shadow and her flunkies. But we didn't kill the former. Next thing we knew, we were were in this version of Nyx. Does not killin' someone's Shadow lead us into another one of these Time Shifts?"

He turned his body so he can point at Sno and Crystal, and added "And keep the bickering between you two to a minimum. We don't need 'Wabbit Season. Duck Season' goin' off in our ears when we're fightin' for our lives. I only ask that you guys tolerate each other."

"If you can fulfill these conditions, I'll consider untying you at the end of this excursion." He turned to the group and said, "If anyone has anything to add, speak now or forever hold your peace."
    Last edited by Peace; April 14, 2018 at 07:40 AM.

Registered
    Aug 2012
    Persona 5 (PS4)

Still lending on the edge of the table, Chloe had to chuckle at Charles' suggestion at doing some sort of revamping the Back to the Future films with a younger version of Doc in female form would help her already rising fame in the superstar business while noting the idea to store away for conversations between her and her manager in case he called again then got back in business in hand when Marvis voiced her concerns about everything, even mentioning the Shadow World as nobody knew anything about it except Charles and possibly the other group Chloe saw back at the Cafe.

Turning to Marvis as a way to calm her fears and to assure herself of the crazy situation they've found themselves in, Chloe smiled at her as she spoke in earnest, "I think as long as we're together, we can do this. We can find the missing girl, fix the timeline and save the world.. Right?"

While she was sure of holding the new group of Persona Users together, something was bugging her and it must had shown when she mentally snapped out of it to see Erin staring at her. Forcing another smile out of her, Chloe waved at him, wondering if he could see through her facade of self-battling between herself and something else inside her.

Turning back to Charles to ask something else, Chloe self-consciously intertwined one of her fingers with her hair, curling around and around, "Um, you said something about the girl that was hunting down the Persona Users," she asked before yelping as she indirectly pulled out one of her hair. "If she's that dangerous, should we just, like, get together and be like the Avengers, so to speak? You know, she's Loki and we're the Avengers with the whole 'destroy the girl to fix what's wrong' while we pretty much have to kick ass, yeah?"

"Course, it'd would mean we're unbalanced because we're so new to this and we're so different that it'd be hard to do what we do to make the timeline right." Chloe spoke as her eyes turned back to Erin, who hasn't even said anything during the whole thing as well Zoey.

In an attempt to get them both involved, she asked him if they were okay. "You haven't said a word since this started... You okay, you two?"

Registered
    Dec 2005
    being an arrogant dick to my enemies and the sweetest human being alive to my loved ones
    Album: KOD

Default what are you talking about charles

Ms. Bennett certainly had a way of making you feel welcome. It was an odd feeling, my memories didn't treat me this well, but I'd eventually find some comfort in her hospitality...eventually. Normally im so on edge, sharp, uncomfortable, its not easy to let your guard down especially as a detective. The job places a high amount of stress on you and the expectations at times could be almost unforgiving if not UNREAL. It didn't take a genius to recognize that, yes, I do think a lot, and I'm in my head a lot of the time due to the work load. I couldn't stop thinking about Pepper and Cures, now the students that missed class from the same class.

"Before I start, I need everyone to know that this all stays with us. Even you, detective.--"

My hyper focus snapped, as I looked up and identified the man. Holy crap, was I that oblivious up until now that I didn't even realize where I was...ugh...what is wrong me today. I couldn't help but get hung up on the students, but I gave my attention segway from my investigation.

"Understood...though, no one would believe me? I'm starting to be a bit questionable by that remark...Charles was it?"

My eyes quickly narrowed in on him. I continued to listen, when charles brandished two posters, there was a peculiar observation to be made, the club founders were different between the two posters. One read the name of student missing in my current investigation. I had a slight wince while the rest of my face remained relatively stern, i payed even closer attention the more he began to speak.

Discussing other worlds. Personas? Shadows?? What in all of creation made sense anymore...nothing thats what. I didn't have to listen to this, but the only thing that visibly gave any validity to what Charles was saying was the nonsense circulating around the 'Time Shift' something I can honestly say I seemed somewhat disillusioned to. The fact that what I recall about my family "now" no longer holds true, and my experience with them has been drastically different from what I actually remember. I stood and looked Charles dead on.

"You know charles. I've heard a decent amount of tall tales in my time, and as much I'd like to lend you 100% faith. Lets say you are telling the truth, lets say this time shift happened right. What do you intend us to do? It all sounds ridiculous if not superstitious, connecting murders to the lake? Time Shifts? How did I even end up on the receiving end of this conversation...you are right about one thing though. My superiors would NOT believe this story, yet I'm not convinced but I'm not opposed to being proven wrong. So show me theres some truth to this narrative...the burden of proof is on you."

I waited for the man to finish his water, reluctantly I couldn't help but stare at Chloe. It was almost as if this was planned, I can understand wanting an investigative power on board, but we're talking about the supernatural here. Even if I was prefaced before hand, I'm siding with what I see and feel, this was here say coming from charles without more evidence to support this claim. Yeah, I'm pretty unconvinced of maybe everything with just a slight nod to the time shift, which ironically was the most absurd sounding part of it all. Still, shadows...? Personas? Murders and disappearances? If it would lead me to the missing students, despite my reluctance, I would at the very least need to see something, the burden of proof was on those present.

"Ms. Bennett, at the very least i'll give what he's said a chance, but as of right now, I'm just not sold on the situation at hand."

Registered
    Sep 2006

~- Exhausted Mental Facility-~

Mavis allowed the chatter to continue on around her, her hands shuffled the deck in her hands. It was a self-conscious action, she heard Erin say something in response to Chloe's question. She heard Chloe's pep talk, and it comforted her to hear the words. Closing her eyes to listen, she saw the images from a different timeline sliding into her mind. She saw Crystal and her friends, she saw the missing children moving through the school. Adam, her mother, so many people.

She heard Chloe's comment about finding the missing kids and setting the timeline straight. "I don't think it'll be that simple, Chloe. I think finding the missing people and reuniting the Shadow with its actual person would be the key." Mavis breathed, her eyes still closed during this statement. She didn't know why, but she was sure that was the case. The images continued to swirl in her head. Her first meeting Crystal and the others, she'd been a shy girl, standing in the corner.

The image was bumped out of her mind by images from that other timeline. Of Max and the others first being dragged into the Shadow World. Everything was blending together, making her question what was real and what wasn't. She flipped a card face up, it was Death. She opened her eyes, confirming the suspicion that she thought it was that card. Looking down at it, she traced the edges of it, a thoughtful look on her face as she thought her next words over carefully. "As has been stated, we should head to the lake first probably, but we need to find a way into the Shadow World." She could feel a motherly figure behind her, it brought her comfort as this "figure" wrapped its arms around her.

I am here for you child, you just need to believe in yourself.

Are you my "persona"?

Yes, my name is Isis. I'll assist you in battle, and even provide comfort to you. So until then, good night child.

It only lasted a few seconds, but the motherly figure soon faded from her awareness. Focusing back on the conversation at hand, Mavis tried to figure out if she missed anything important but she couldn't quite figure out if she had. So, instead of making herself seem like an idiot.

Registered
    Aug 2012
    Persona 5 (PS4)

Chloe slowly turned to Detective Lane, staring at him while repeating his own words as she stood, too. "Not sold on the situation at hand?" As much as she'd like to slap the guy, Chloe was more focused with the task on hand and that was getting the new group of Persona Users to the Loveless Pond without any incident.

'As if..!" The young actress snorted in thought as Mavis once again gave her thoughts on the task on hand. Realizing the near similarity of words between her and Erin brought the girl close to smiles. Close.

Returning to Erin, Chloe had something to say and maybe it may hurt his feelings but there was no time to lose when it came to fixing the crap they've found on hand. "Look, detective, I know we've just met each other earlier on and all of us here as well, but can you just stop with the 'unable to believe shat without proof unless it's something you can see and touch' role for a freaking minute and focus on the real situation at hand, which I don't need to repeat for the third time!?" Chloe scolded. "You're supposed to be the detective and that usually entails by keeping the peace and serving the people of Nix, right? Apparently, you don't want to and so I'll just have to be the detective from now on.." She added that with a drip of sarcastic in it to make her point known.

Turning back to the others with a plan in mind, Chloe explained her plan and while it was simple until they reached Loveless Pond, she found herself bit upset at Erin for not believing Charles and uncaring for the others trapped in the Shadow World. "I'll grab a bus or something so we can get there without walking in the snow and being cold, so I'll honk as soon as I pull in, okay? So, just use the restroom or what have you then get in and we're off."

With that, Chloe excused herself out while grabbing the board on the way out, making sure the board was back in its original spot before she dragged it out for the visual show. Once finished with it, she made her way to where the main office was and slowly opened the door, peeking while lifting the key to her Hummer that her parents got her for her 18th birthday back in January then closing it.

Grabbing her jacket on the hanger where the others jackets were as well, Chloe put it on and went out around the back of the hotel to see the orange Hummer of hers parking near the fire hydrant that became frozen ever since the storm started. Chatting and already cold, the actress managed to open the door and jumped up, thankful for the side step railing her dad installed the day before her arrival. Starting the engine and turning on the heat for a minute, Chloe couldn't help but feel the facade of being confident breaking apart and the true self of being lonely invade before shaking her head in frustration.

She couldn't spent the time fighting herself when Charles and the rest were waiting on her, so ignoring the struggle within herself, Chloe put the Hummer on Drive and made her way to the front before parking it then honked the air horn to let them know she had arrived.

Watching the others stow in and aware of Erin sitting beside herself as Chloe pulled out under the hotel roof and into the road that would lead the gang to central park where beyond the sidewalk lies the Loveless Pond, Chloe made herself a note to at least try to apologize to Erin for her outburst before they got there, but she had the feeling it would make the situation between them more awkward and so said nothing to him along the way.

After a brief stop at the gas station, they made good time as the snow has begun showing signs of slowing down and so Chloe found a spot where there wasn't any ice for the team to fall then parked there. Letting the heat warm them up one more time before stepping out, Chloe turned to Charles in the seat way back to himself and asked him the most important question.

"So, as the go-to guy, where is the door for us to get into that Shadow World?" Chloe questioned to him, expecting an answer from him.
    Last edited by Roxie1563; June 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2006

~- Lost in Thoughts-~

Mavis wordlessly followed Clhoe's lead to the lake. Closing her eyes since she was a passenger, she rested her head against the window pane. Images swirled around in her head, images of Max and his friends fighting creatures she didn't quite understand but were familiar to her. Were these the Shadows that Charles had been speaking of? The creatures that they had to fight to restore balance to their world? She was acutely aware of the presence of her deck, and it brought her comfort to know that it was there.

The pane of glass though was cool, a refreshing presence to her chaotic mind. It was then that she noticed that it seemed as if she was suddenly running a fever. A frown flitting across her face, she dismissed the concerning thought. Opening her eyes when the van stopped, Mavis slid out of the car and walked toward the edge of the lake, listening as Chloe talked to the group. Glancing over her shoulder, Mavis breathed, "We need the others to restore balance." She didn't know why she said it, it just felt right to her.

Focusing back ahead of her, Mavis crouched low to the ground and allowed her hand to hover just above the icy water. She could feel the magical energy that swirled around the lake, and it brought images to her mind as she felt its pressure. She remained there, focusing on the glassy surface even as she listened for any sign of the others approaching her from behind.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456