Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Keyblade Apprentice Org14Kurix(Riku)'s Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    KH Re:CoM & NBA 2k15

Default Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Coming to Netflix

While the trailer is "allegedly" fake - alebit well done - it achieved it's goal of putting the series back into the limelight right before Comic Con being covered by everyone from CNET to Huffington Post.

Deadline Article
    “On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is A Series Of Unfortunate Events,” said Cindy Holland, VP Original Content at Netflix. “The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny and relatable. We can’t wait to bring it to life for Netflix members.”

Narrated by Snicket, A Series Of Unfortunate Events recounts the tale of the orphaned children Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire at the hands of the villainous Count Olaf, as they face trials and tribulations, misfortunes and an evil uncle in search of their fortune, all in their quest to uncover the secret of their parents’ deaths. The 13 books in the series have sold more than 65 million copies and have been translated into 43 languages.

“I can’t believe it,” Snicket said, from an undisclosed location. “After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books.” Netflix went on to say, “Mr. Snicket’s participation will be limited, given his emotional distress, but the project has the full involvement of his legal, literary and social representative Daniel Handler, who is often mistaken for him.”

Lemony Snicket, of course is the pen name used by novelist Handler in several children’s books. Snicket’s new book is Shouldn’t You Be In School?, the third volume of the autobiographical “All The Wrong Questions.” Handler’s next novel for adults is We Are Pirates. He will host the National Book Awards this month in New York.

Netflix’s family-oriented originals include a slew of animated series, mostly from DreamWorks Animation — including Turbo Fast and the upcoming The Adventures of Puss In Boots — as well as Ever After High.

Handler is repped by ICM Partners and Charlotte Sheedy. ICM Partners brokered the deal for rights.

Fan Made Image

Any ideas on what you think the cast should be or maybe the theme.
    Casting Ideas

While I loved the books and am excited for the series, I think what makes me the happiest is that this shows me the most is that no matter how badly a movie can ruin a series, there is still a chance for redemption. He's hope for the Percy Jackson Universe, the Alex Rider Series, and the I am Number 4 Series.

Registered
    Feb 2014
    Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Persona 5

Default Re: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Coming to Netflix

So...this is a thing. Welp, if they actually do go through the trouble of making this into a full blown series, I'll be down for that.

Registered
    Mar 2008

Wut? Really? I hated the movie when I was a kid. haha

Registered
    Aug 2007

I kinda liked the film with Carrey. But I read awhile ago they were rebooting the series with stop motion, way before this Netflix deal so who knows if that's the case still. But with the shear amount of books, there's no way they could get through 13 movies with all the same people so glad Netflix stepped in.

Hopefully they change the crsppy ending in the final book, still pisses me off by how bad it is

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Trails in the Sky FC, Tales of Zestiria, Pokemon Glazed, Remember Me

Never finished the series itself, but it looks like it's the right time to get around to rereading them and finishing them before this comes out. I adore Snicket's writing style. However, I hope each season does more than one book. I can't really see 12 episodes being spent on one book... or 6... Honestly, I think three episodes per book should be the maximum. The books were hella fast and short, from what I remember.

Keyblade Apprentice Org14Kurix(Riku)'s Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    KH Re:CoM & NBA 2k15

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbilly View Post
    Never finished the series itself, but it looks like it's the right time to get around to rereading them and finishing them before this comes out. I adore Snicket's writing style. However, I hope each season does more than one book. I can't really see 12 episodes being spent on one book... or 6... Honestly, I think three episodes per book should be the maximum. The books were hella fast and short, from what I remember.
    Book 11, The Grim Grotto brought me to tears. I could see 3 episodes per book and 3 seasons working nicely. I mean the first film was 3 books in 90 minutes.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Org14Kurix(Riku) View Post
    Book 11, The Grim Grotto brought me to tears. I could see 3 episodes per book and 3 seasons working nicely. I mean the first film was 3 books in 90 minutes.
    That's because it takes about 45 minutes to read the first few entries. I think three episodes a book is a bit much.

Registered
    Aug 2007

Registered
    Jun 2008

slightly off subject, but what exactly is lemony snicket?

Registered
    Aug 2007

Quote Originally Posted by chuman View Post
    slightly off subject, but what exactly is lemony snicket?
    You mean who? It's the pseudonym for the author of the series.

Registered
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fenix View Post
    You mean who? It's the pseudonym for the author of the series.
    ok, that makes sense. always wondered that.

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Registered
    Nov 2013
    Stuff

Teaser trailer, a few weeks old but still pretty interesting.

A few weeks back Me and my sister were discussing about the movie and the 3 first books. What was interesting is that in the movie while Olaf was still pretty evil person, there was a feel of comedy and humor in him. He felt a bit like a clown at times. We then started to remember how Olaf was portrayed in the books, and there was nothing funny or clownish about him. He really just was a freaking terrifying and evil person, and the only emotion I felt was fear when he appeared in the books. I wonder how they are gonna present him here?

I still need to read the rest of the books one day. Would be fun to try reading them before the tv-series comes.

when i come to, let us meet. Audo's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Trails in the Sky FC, Tales of Zestiria, Pokemon Glazed, Remember Me

Welp, time to go on a media blackout from this one till it releases. (And time for me to read the damn books start to finish, finally).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast