Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Battle!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Default Death Battle!

The series "Death Battle" on Screwattack.com is a series in which two characters from popular culture are pitted against one another in a fight to the death (For example they've done Link vs Cloud, Luke Skywalker vs Harry Potter, and Batman vs Spiderman). They go over all of the facts of each combatant and usually display each other's abilities to their highest capabilities in an animated fight (which they can reasonably attain in a one on one battle).

They've finally gotten down to Goku vs Superman. I'll shut up and post the video now. Enjoy. It's about half an hour long.

DEATH BATTLE! - Goku vs Superman | ScrewAttack.com

edit: aha so much butthurt in the video comments
    Last edited by Reagan Rayden; June 1, 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM

Default Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman

As much as I think the whole thing is ridiculously stupid I do find joy in Goku fanboy tears. Because for all they're crying about how Goku was cheated, most of them have never read (or watched) anything with a proper Superman because "he's too overpowered".

diddlying critical thinking. What is it?

Registered
    Dec 2005

Technically they even broke the rules for the Goku fans by giving pre-GT Goku the ability to use Super Saiyan 4. Which he didn't learn to use until Dragonball GT.

He wasn't cheated. In fact they should be thankful they even let them have SS4 Goku when GT wasn't even a canonical series.

There's no reason for anyone to be upset.

Spoiler Spoiler: Here's a neat epilogue someone wrote that I wish they could have thrown in. Show

The only comic I can recall actually sitting down and reading of Superman was Red Son and even that was enough for me to understand why he wins this fight.
    Last edited by Reagan Rayden; January 11, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2010

Can't say I'm shocked, no way Goku would've beaten him. Unless it had something to do with a Red Sun ._.

Registered
    May 2010
    Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
    KH 1.5+2.5, Fire Emblem Echoes

As much as I wanted Goku to win, it was pretty understandable to have Superman the victor. Goku was also kind of unlucky to have shot Superman straight into the sun. Although I'm wondering why he only gathered energy from the sun for his Spirit Bomb instead of the whole galaxy, or universe. That said, can we really call Superman the winner with the earth obliterated (seems like no one wins in that situation)? Although I have seen plenty of ideas for Goku reaching out to Supes from the other world, directing him to the dragon balls to restore everything back to normal.

The whole point was that Goku's abilities are pretty straightforward, while Superman is one of the biggest cop outs in comics. The writers are too lazy or scared to define Superman's limits, and like they said in the video "Superman is as strong as he needs to be".

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM

Quote Originally Posted by KeyofEvil'sBane View Post
    The whole point was that Goku's abilities are pretty straightforward, while Superman is one of the biggest cop outs in comics. The writers are too lazy or scared to define Superman's limits, and like they said in the video "Superman is as strong as he needs to be".
    I don't think you understand how fiction works. Writers put characters like Batman up against foes like Darkseid all the time even though there's supposed to be a severe imbalance.

When they say "he's as strong as he needs to be" that includes fighting villains like Toyman.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A Grand Journey

I have friends that hate Superman, and are hardcore dbz fans. So I never had the heart to tell them that Superman is essentially unbeatable (unless fighting a celestial being or a skyfather or some shit). Now I have to hold their hands and tell them "it's alright, they did a good job of showing that several circumstances like kryptonite or not being able to absorb sunlight would have resulted in Goku winning, it's all pretty circumstantial". But I'm just glad this stupid debate can finally be put to rest, once all the butthurt has settled.

Ironically, Sun Wukong (the character Goku's originally based on and named after) could probably beat the shit out of Superman.

Registered
    May 2007

First time I've heard of this "Death Battle" thing.

Pleasantly surprised with what I watched. Was expecting more bullshit speculation like I get from the myriad fans for both characters, but they took the time to really go through it.

Though, really, Superman and Superman-tier characters have always been known for being completely ridiculous as far as their abilities are concerned, lol

The Superior Lanydx Lanydx reborn's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009

Wow that was so worth the wait. I didn't care who one, cause I like Superman and Goku.

Registered
    Dec 2005

I think power levels are bullshit.

They made a good point that they don't matter. The only reason power levels were introduced was to make it clear as to how unreliable they really are.

Head Mom In Charge XIII Heartless's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    The Witcher 3, Destiny, Arkham Knight, Persona 4 Golden, Freedom Wars, Kingdom Hearts 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Amae View Post
    here's something i found on a different forum. i saw that they made the same thread so i present to you someone's argument

what do you guys think
    Bullshit. Power levels were always extremely unreliable. Besides that, there are plenty of false statements in this. Like Supes never fighting anyone with strength equal to or greater than his. What?

Registered
    Apr 2007

Why are we still talking about power levels. Come one guys get your shit together. Either way I do love me some Goku fanboy tears. But lets be real, take someone like Flash for example and put them up against Accelerator or Tenchi. Now you actually have a decent battle.

Registered
    Apr 2009
    Pokemon: moon, kingdom hearts Unchained X

and even with SSJ4 He was nowhere compared to superman based on the numbers

Registered
    May 2007

Superman is the ultimate force of good, and he's basically as strong as he needs to be. There has never been any way for Goku to be able to beat him, this entire debate has been diddlying idiotic from the beginning.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A Grand Journey

Now if only we could get the Thor vs Superman debate put to rest.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast