Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1150
    I LOST A D23 PREDICTION BET Chuman's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2008
    Default Re: Game of Thrones - please hold the door

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I mean it's not. it started out as a pretty faithful adaptation and set the expectations that the rest of the series would follow suit. however, they started removing characters, needlessly changing plot lines, adding things like the Dorne plot after removing far more interesting things, etc. At this point it's fair to look at it like one would look at The Walking Dead, but they set expectations for a faithful adaptation and then dashed them. Yes, you can say argue that they have to change things for TV, and most would agree that's reasonable, but as has been said in this thread by readers maybe 100 times, some things make no sense to change.

also D&D can't write for shit so there's that. like the pacing of the last season was terrible, like they could fit a lot of that stuff in just fine and not confuse the viewer if they just wrote it a bit better. like how did Arya go from Braavos to the twins? how did Varys leave Mereen for Dorne and then come back to Mereen to ride on the boat with Daenerys? WHY did he do that? It's honestly sloppy writing.

like I enjoy the tv show, it's decent to me. I don't think it's like the best television ever made, but I can see why some people find it hard to enjoy. the people who spend all their free time writing theories and analyzing the plot and learning the history. then they see this show, say "that's a pretty good adaptation" and then over the course of a few seasons see it go to absolute poop in their eyes.

The books are also told POV style while the show obviously cannot be done in that way. So you get a much better understanding of what characters do and why they do it, and a better history of the world itself. so it's totally reasonable to not enjoy the show while you like the books because it's very different.
    well GoT can't be the best television ever made in a world with breaking bad i'll tell you that right now

your points are pretty solid, like i said i've never read the books so i can't argue or agree much beyond saying everybody is into what they're into. i guess the show doesn't hold up to the books but i've still found the series highly enjoyable.

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Piano

Guess ill revive the thread with this...

I'm cant wait till july..

Registered
    Jul 2009

Hurry the diddly up July. Seriously.

AGITO
    Registered
    Sep 2010

OMG OMG!

I'm so freaking ready for this!

I love how they're not spoiling anything for this upcoming season except for tiny stuff. And those clothes Danny has on. <3

It's better than drinking alone Roknar's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris

My body is ready. I feel like with the smaller amount of episodes this season too every episode will be jaw-dropping. If only the books could keep pace....

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete; Phoenix Wright Trilogy; Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

C'MON JULY!!!!

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Piano

Winter is Here.. Well almost
    Who do you think is going to die first this season?
    I'm Going with Littlefinger.... There is no way he is going to survive long with all of the Starks heading towards the Winterfell

Poll - Winter is Here Poll | Who is going to die first?

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Playing
    Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Pretty psyched! I'm gonna head to a friend's to watch it tomorrow. Until then, gotta avoid social media. As per usual.
    Some people can't shut their damn mouths.

Registered
    Jul 2009

The episode was good. Something just tells me the second episode of the new season will be better.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete; Phoenix Wright Trilogy; Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Yeah, it was a slow premier, but I enjoyed it all the same. They definitely did their best I think to reintroduce the few stories the show has left to tell, and I'm very excited to see where this season will take us. Already amped for the 82 minute finale hahaha.

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677