Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Taochan View Post
    I'm low key triggered by how many times the term 'spin off' has been used in this thread considering 3 just showed exactly how important non-numbered titles are. Sob.
    Fine, What would be the Non-Numeric Plot Relevant-off, be about?

Kingdom Hearts 3.5 2021....Given the plot points we got in 3.

She Shoots for the Stars maryadavies's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2014
    FFXIV, FF8, KH Unchained X US

Saving Sora, I think and the Reaper's game for starters, also Sora/Riku finding out what the MoM is up to (setting up for stopping him).

And btw, that's why I've been saying "3.5" for a in between game/spinoff; No game in the KH series is ignoreable, story wise!

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Kingdom hearts III

I don’t really care too much as each game has been equally important to the story. I think the bigger deal for people may be that non numbered titles originate on handhelds, but with the ps vita discontinuing and the 3DS being many years old (probably older than a decade by the time the next game would come out by) I don’t see the next kingdom hearts game being on a handheld. That being said I think the next game may be some union x era console game.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWebster View Post
    Fine, What would be the Non-Numeric Plot Relevant-off, be about?

Kingdom Hearts 3.5 2021....Given the plot points we got in 3.
    Probably the next point in the storyline like CoM and DDD were?

Basing the importance of a game on a title in this series is shallow and silly. The non-numbered titles have been highly important.

Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Taochan View Post
    Probably the next point in the storyline like CoM and DDD were?

Basing the importance of a game on a title in this series is shallow and silly. The non-numbered titles have been highly important.
    History aside, this is the end of a Saga. Nobody knew this until Nomura addressed it awhile ago when take that account, the plot points we got in 3 Is most of that going to be addressed in this midquel "spin-off"?

Will the Disney worlds take back seat and let the SE properties takeover for this part, for "reasons", what is it going to be about, Sora's going through Shibuya?

Quote Originally Posted by maryadavies View Post
    Saving Sora, I think and the Reaper's game for starters, also Sora/Riku finding out what the MoM is up to (setting up for stopping him).
    And who would we be playing as then?

She Shoots for the Stars maryadavies's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2014
    FFXIV, FF8, KH Unchained X US

Grandwebster: Sora and Riku, it looks like. Pretty obvious.

Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by maryadavies View Post
    Grandwebster: Sora and Riku, it looks like. Pretty obvious.
    So Sora is just going to save himself. You could've just said that.

Also Is it just Shibuya, I don't know where Sora and Riku can go? And how is Disney going to play a role in this?

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWebster View Post
    History aside, this is the end of a Saga. Nobody knew this until Nomura addressed it awhile ago when take that account, the plot points we got in 3 Is most of that going to be addressed in this midquel "spin-off"?

I'm not 100% on what you're trying to say here so I'll just answer to the best of my abilities. I'm not sure what this being the end of a saga has to do with the decision to name titles in the future. Kingdom Hearts will be remaining Sora's story, for the time being.

I'm not claiming the next title will be a midquel or a numbered title, I don't care which it is because it doesn't matter. That's the point. The name of the game has never mattered to the relevance the title has to the overall story. But if you're asking if the loose plot threads in KH3 will be addressed in whatever the next title is, I'm sure some of them will. Knowing Nomura there will not be full answers immediately regardless.

Will the Disney worlds take back seat and let the SE properties takeover for this part, for "reasons", what is it going to be about, Sora's going through Shibuya?
    Did you assume the Disney worlds would be taking a backseat for KH2 with the KH1 secret ending, "Another Side, Another Story"? Or how about for BBS with the KH2 secret ending, "The Gathering"? This is no different.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Kingdom Hearts III

They should just drop numbered titles altogether then this whole discussion would be superfluous and no game could be "discarded"/ignored anymore just because it doesn't have a numeral.

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

I wouldn't mind spinoffs if they're on the PS4 a la 0.2. They don't even need to be released on a disc, they can be digital only. Spinoffs for characters like Terra/Aqua/Ven, Axel/Roxas/Xion, Namine/Riku/Kairi... basically anyone that isn't Sora accompanied by Donald/Goofy are fine with me. The only issues that I had with the spinoffs before were: 1) they were on several different consoles (ie hard to play them all) and 2) they distracted Nomura from focusing on KH3 (I know he didn't start really working on KH3 until 3D, but still...)

Once the spinoffs are all on one console (PS4 and not handheld) and KH4 is confirmed to be in the works, I'd be perfectly fine. I think MODERN day spinoffs will be a great way to tell stories for the plethora of characters that we now find ourselves with after 13 years between KH2 and 3. It can also dive into additional lore that we seemingly need to know from UX.

Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

I would love if they dropped the numeric titles, But I don't think they will.

Xehanort maybe gone, but the darkness is still around.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    They should just drop numbered titles altogether then this whole discussion would be superfluous and no game could be "discarded"/ignored anymore just because it doesn't have a numeral.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Giving certain games numerical titles just placed superfluous importance on them.

Registered
    Apr 2015

Dropping number titles now, when we already have numbered titles in the series, will likely lead to people "still waiting for KH4".

Also, I've seen people mention Nomura saying they'd do away with numbered titles but I never recall actually seeing him say that. Does anyone have a link to the interview?

I think KHUx will function as the bridge title.

Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

^^^
    would KHux be mobile, I'm just assuming.
    Last edited by GrandWebster; February 12, 2019 at 07:34 AM.

Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

I think its just kind of annoying to console jump all the time with KH. Having something for the Switch is possible, But why just The Switch? It still technically a console, alongside the PS4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast