Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Nov 2016
    Kingdom Hearts III

Default Re: The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

Something odd I found about Arendelle is how some characters just break out into singing out of nowhere.

The songs of Frozen was one of its selling points, makes sense why they put it in the game but it irritates me that the other worlds didn't get any songs. (I guess Tangled kinda had a song but...the song is plot related)

Nobody
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    Playing
    None

Disney so obviously hindered this game that its painful to look at. With the exception of Toy Box all the Disney worlds I could probably count the amount of original content on one hand.

Arendelle is the worst of all of them though. Disney clearly wanted to use this game for nothing more as an advertisement to their other franchises/theme parks

Registered
    Jan 2014
    ...a brand new world, one heart at a time.
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Quote Originally Posted by OneDandelion View Post
    Disney so obviously hindered this game that its painful to look at. With the exception of Toy Box all the Disney worlds I could probably count the amount of original content on one hand.

Arendelle is the worst of all of them though. Disney clearly wanted to use this game for nothing more as an advertisement to their other franchises/theme parks
    I don't think Disney hindered the game in any way, and this is coming from someone that thinks that too much Disney/Pixar priority ruined the original worlds.

That said, I think the overall ambitious nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III hindered the end product, seeing as how Nomura himself admitted to running out of space for the game, and having to redo various cutscenes for the sake of saving space.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by KeybladeLordSora View Post
    Considering Disney was so strict that they wanted freaking eyelids to move in a specific way I wouldn't be surprised if they did treat Frozen like Barbie.
    I guess because to me that seems like a random comparison; I can't think of a single correlation between Barbie and Frozen. It would be more apt to compare Frozen to The Lion King, the last animated film that did massive business, was pushed everywhere, and was liked by most people. TLK is also hated by a certain counterculture subset online.

Quote Originally Posted by HakaishinChampa View Post
    The songs of Frozen was one of its selling points, makes sense why they put it in the game but it irritates me that the other worlds didn't get any songs. (I guess Tangled kinda had a song but...the song is plot related)
    I still believe "I See the Light" should've been a part of the Corona world. We don't get to see much of Flynn and Rapunzel interacting as it is, but cutting that moment, it feels like whiplash when Flynn suddenly cares so much about this girl he wanted to get rid of 15 minutes prior.

Registered
    Nov 2017

Anna and Kristoff's and Rapunzel and Flynn's relationship both seemed heavily rushed, mainly due to the Frozen cast barely being around and R&F being cut out halfway through the world. Both worlds could have benefited heavily from just being a bit more Disney for a minute, especially in Arendelle's case.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    The labyrinth was cool, but it felt devoid of life.
    It’s a labyrinth. Made of ice. Underground. What were you expecting? A busy city?

Quote Originally Posted by HakaishinChampa View Post
    Something odd I found about Arendelle is how some characters just break out into singing out of nowhere.
    “Let it go” to me did kinda come out of nowhere. It just wasn’t well integrated. The others were fine.

Arendelle wasn’t that bad. There were a few writing mishaps that were funny. Like when Anna tells Sora it’s a long story about Elsa, but that explanation took no more than two minutes. Or when Sora finally gets to the top of the mountain and Larxene is like “bye bitch” and just forces Sora off. I laughed realizing we had to climb up again.

Organization Member kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    KH3 (OBVIOUSLY)

It’s at least more interesting than any half-hearted scenarios in 1 and 2, even if I’m still heartbroken Elsa wasn’t a party member. Let alone barely interact with her to a point where Marshmallow’s the only character you have any connection with.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    It’s a labyrinth. Made of ice. Underground. What were you expecting? A busy city?

“Let it go” to me did kinda come out of nowhere. It just wasn’t well integrated. The others were fine.

Arendelle wasn’t that bad. There were a few writing mishaps that were funny. Like when Anna tells Sora it’s a long story about Elsa, but that explanation took no more than two minutes. Or when Sora finally gets to the top of the mountain and Larxene is like “bye bitch” and just forces Sora off. I laughed realizing we had to climb up again.
    To contrast the boringness of the rest of the world? Yes. Like trap civilians inside of it, or have Larxene actually bother to drop by.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

To contrast the boringness of the rest of the world? Yes. Like trap civilians inside of it, or have Larxene actually bother to drop by.
    You called? lol

I guess I should/could chime in.
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

I was personally pleased by the Labyrinths size. It's just that it feels like a chore to get done.

Nobody
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    Playing
    None

That said, I think the overall ambitious nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III hindered the end product, seeing as how Nomura himself admitted to running out of space for the game, and having to redo various cutscenes for the sake of saving space.
    What does "running out of space" even mean...? The game is less than 40 GB

How you could call anything other than the last 4 hours of the game ambitious is beyond me. The graphics and relevant cutscenes are good, I'll give you that, but to call this an ambitious 'game' is ridiculous

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I agree, OneDandelion. The game only barely manages to clear the bar to escape being called "lacking," imo, thanks to the low number of worlds. The run is just enough. That's not ambitious. Ambitious would mean more than the bare minimum, pulling out all the stops, etc. Maybe Nomura's plans were ambitious...? And he wasn't able to finish it all in time (which, considering how long this game's been going is sad).

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

"We can't have these weirdos interfere, we gotta throw them down a mountain every five minutes so they don't ruin the movie." - Disney probably.
    If they really wanted the film to happen before our eyes while we still traversed that world, they could have had Sora and the gang be in the background preventing Larxene from doing something to Anna/Elsa. We would get the Frozen movie experience, while also an original story that actually had us involved in the story albeit in the background.

I didn't mind the world, but it definitely was probably one of my least favourite DISNEY worlds in all numbered KH titles. Wonderland/Deep Jungle used to hold that honour, but I feel like Arendelle was just a snow world for us to experience.

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    In The Limbo Between Keybois and Cuhrayzee Wacky Woohoo Pizza Hobos
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDandelion View Post
    What does "running out of space" even mean...? The game is less than 40 GB
    I've been thinking the same thing. Like, it's clear that some things are missing from the full KH3 picture, which is why a Final Mix DLC is pretty much garunteed, so what could've possibly made him think that he's running out of space on the disc to the point where some cutscenes had to be pre-rendered[which apparently increases file size for some reason?]

I mean, this is the same guy who thought Sephiroth being brought back so single time for KH2 was enough to be considered "too many times" so I'm not even sure at this point

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

I've been thinking the same thing. Like, it's clear that some things are missing from the full KH3 picture, which is why a Final Mix DLC is pretty much garunteed, so what could've possibly made him think that he's running out of space on the disc to the point where some cutscenes had to be pre-rendered[which apparently increases file size for some reason?]

I mean, this is the same guy who thought Sephiroth being brought back so single time for KH2 was enough to be considered "too many times" so I'm not even sure at this point
    He was worried about space slowing loading times:

There are various reasons but the one with the big influence would be the movie capacity. When you load cutscenes in real time, if it’s in the same scene you could just load a few data. But if you put in an entirely different scene like “meanwhile, at the same time,” you had to load that data from zero which makes the loading time very long.

In order to solve this, we turned some of the cutscenes into movies to reduce the loading time, but if the movies are being kept at high quality, the capacity ends up becoming very big. It’s much more than we have assumed.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7391-te...ce-constraints

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast