Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Oct 2018
    Some Old Rubberhose Cartoons

Default Re: pooh's storybook

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    A fighting game style Struggle Tournament would be awesome. They are trying to implement as many video game genres as possible, so I could see this actually happening!
    i can see it too! jut think......

Organization Member
    Registered
    May 2018
    None

I actually would like to see the world return again and have it utilized elements from the 2011 movie.

If they can make the renders for the Hercules characters (especially Hades) look as close to how they looked in the film then I can bet we may see the same thing for the Winnie the Pooh characters especially with more textures, stitches, and details applied to them in Unreal Engine 4.
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

On top of that most of the characters, in particular, Rabbit would feel more animated and expressive to the extent that you won't have to worry about them making the same default fish face expressions in previous games.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by That_one_Sora View Post
    Why whats wrong with that?
    Because it goes against Winnie the Pooh. That's like saying that you'd be alright with Mickey making crude references ala Deadpool.

Kingdom Hearts works because it respects the Disney properties it represents (for most of the time). Kingdom Hearts shouldn't ruin the essence of the Disney properties featured.

But back to topic, I've always liked 100 Acre Wood. It's perfect escapism from all of the chaos of the rest of Kingdom Hearts lore.

Registered
    Mar 2018
    None

Maybe 100 acre woods will be an actual world. and the last to be revealed, since it's already on the files.
    oh boy.

Registered
    Oct 2018

next trailer then i will get another Award!

Registered
    Feb 2016
    Playing
    KHUX, FF7, FF4

I'm absolutely excited for Pooh's probable return, and think that bringing stuff from the 2011 movie into the game would be a great idea. Even though I don't love everything about it, I think it would be a perfect source of Winnie the Pooh material for KH to draw from.

Absolutely no combat though. Pooh is way too pure and innocent to be blemished by the inclusion of heartless or fighting.

Registered
    Oct 2018

well that means a complete redraw of all of the Pooh Characters in Unreal Engine 4, Thanks Epic Games. its not easy to redraw and re-rig those characters. does anyone know the engine they used for KH1 and KH2?

Organization Member
    Registered
    May 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by That_one_Sora View Post
    well that means a complete redraw of all of the Pooh Characters in Unreal Engine 4, Thanks Epic Games. its not easy to redraw and re-rig those characters. does anyone know the engine they used for KH1 and KH2?
    We don't know the name of the Engine that was used from the First KH game, KH2 up until Dream Drop Distance, as it was just Square Enix's In house engine at the time.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

I'm wishing for The Tigger Movie to be the focus of the world. Especially since the film was made in Japan just like Search For Christopher Robin, which was the most recent Pooh appearance in the KH franchise.

The overall story is too fitting (For the theme of the game) to be ignored. There's also the changed setting that features stunning autumn scenery. Some real fun mini games with Rabbit's invention, the tigger party & the avalanche. And some snow that could easily be re-used from the Frozen world. Cutting down the cost of making snow that fits the more 2D style.

Registered
    Oct 2018

or maybe it can be like a side game similar to Chao garden in Sonic Adventure?

Organization Member
    Registered
    May 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by ImVentus View Post
    I'm wishing for The Tigger Movie to be the focus of the world. Especially since the film was made in Japan just like Search For Christopher Robin, which was the most recent Pooh appearance in the KH franchise.

The overall story is too fitting (For the theme of the game) to be ignored. There's also the changed setting that features stunning autumn scenery. Some real fun mini games with Rabbit's invention, the tigger party & the avalanche. And some snow that could easily be re-used from the Frozen world. Cutting down the cost of making snow that fits the more 2D style.
    It would be interesting to utilize elements of the Tigger Movie, although I'm not sure about that as the snowy areas would be too similar to Arendelle's landscape and Nomura has said in previous interviews that he wants the Disney worlds to be unique from one another in terms of environments.

Registered
    Oct 2018
    KH1FM, Radiant Historia (DS)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    Because it goes against Winnie the Pooh. That's like saying that you'd be alright with Mickey making crude references ala Deadpool.

Kingdom Hearts works because it respects the Disney properties it represents (for most of the time). Kingdom Hearts shouldn't ruin the essence of the Disney properties featured.
    I agree completely. You talk about bringing combat to the 100 Acre Wood, you remind me of that Penny Arcade comic from 12 years ago:

Registered
    Oct 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TheMostRad View Post
    I agree completely. You talk about bringing combat to the 100 Acre Wood, you remind me of that Penny Arcade comic from 12 years ago:

Hey, Gabe and Tycho aren't wrong, leaning towards Gabe on this one. the fact that all of the games involve doing a third party characters chores. pooh is straight up one of them.

Registered
    Nov 2016
    Bejeweled 2.Bejeweled 2.Bejeweled 2.Bejeweled 2 and Bejeweled 2

If we do get combat in the 100 Acre Wood, I'd imagine we'd fight Dream Eaters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12