Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Jun 2017
    KH 1.5+2.5 HD, FF 9, and Far Cry 3

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Demo Confirmed for Gamescom

To those saying that they don't think there'd be world reveals in magazines, Famitsu is one of the biggest news outlets for Japanese gamers that I don't doubt we'd get a lot of new stuff from it. Look how much of Pokemon got revealed with every Famitsu up to their release.

Registered
    Nov 2017
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

Square Enix: **does literally anything KH3 related**

Me: Oh, cool. Can’t wait for the demo.

Fans: W I L L W E S E E (insert things like the final battle world)

I can see why they’d want that, though-don’t get me wrong.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Very cool. In essence it's just KH3 continuing its world tour. The photo op sounds quite similar to the one at Paris Games Week.

Aside from KH3, I'm curious to know more about Life is Strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Seighart
    I think everyone is expecting a LOT.

Fans are just
    eager. This should be known.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

I'd say the last worlds will be revealed at TGS and Jump Festa.

Registered
    Mar 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by TruestSyn View Post
    To those saying that they don't think there'd be world reveals in magazines, Famitsu is one of the biggest news outlets for Japanese gamers that I don't doubt we'd get a lot of new stuff from it. Look how much of Pokemon got revealed with every Famitsu up to their release.
    Lol what? they didn't reveal single pokemon for sun and moon, everything was from CoroCoro/Trailers

Zip
    Bronze Member
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

World reveals in Famitsu were a thing for the handheld games with lower budgets and before online marketing was as effective as it is now. The games being released in Japan months before also played a part as the initial marketing only needed to reach Japanese audiences.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a modern AAA title with a near global release, therefore its marketing needs to reach more people at the same time. So it doesn’t make sense to release the big news through an exclusive Japanese magazine that global audiences will need to rely on fan translations to understand. It’s much more effective to post trailers on YouTube after an event and let them go viral. I’m sure there will be smaller stuff through Famitsu like exclusive screens, gameplay details, etc. But I highly doubt there will be any Disney world reveals through Famitsu, especially since there are only a couple left to reveal.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaXOmega View Post
    I'd say the last worlds will be revealed at TGS and Jump Festa.
    Jump festa might have the intro as for worlds tgs will big hero 6 what ever come after that is anybody guess.

I mean nomura said we going to see every world before launch so with tgs having big hero 6 paris game week could have couple world and don't count out the game award show or a new trailer there to reach the general audience.
    Last edited by gosoxtim; August 9, 2018 at 12:23 AM.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    World reveals in Famitsu were a thing for the handheld games with lower budgets and before online marketing was as effective as it is now. The games being released in Japan months before also played a part as the initial marketing only needed to reach Japanese audiences.
    Kingdom Hearts 2 also had world reveals in magazines. Until the game comes out, we can't really know.

Unversed
    Registered
    May 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a modern AAA title with a near global release, therefore its marketing needs to reach more people at the same time. So it doesn’t make sense to release the big news through an exclusive Japanese magazine that global audiences will need to rely on fan translations to understand. It’s much more effective to post trailers on YouTube after an event and let them go viral. I’m sure there will be smaller stuff through Famitsu like exclusive screens, gameplay details, etc. But I highly doubt there will be any Disney world reveals through Famitsu, especially since there are only a couple left to reveal.
    While it's true that KH3 is the biggest game in the series when compared to the other handheld titles that revealed worlds (e.g. BBS, DDD), I doubt they are going to save information just three months before the game comes out just like how HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue didn't start consistently revealing info through Famitsu, Jump Magazine since September of 2016 after their TGS showing.

They could still have this month be dedicated to Olympus and Kingdom of Corona, even though these worlds were seen in previous articles mostly as Images or snippets. However, we have yet to see what the Character renders for the Tangled and the Hercules characters look like in promotional material and the plot fo these worlds nd frankly, I doubt they would save them at the very end of the year. So who knows it's possible, but could go either way.

Zip
    Bronze Member
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Kingdom Hearts 2 also had world reveals in magazines. Until the game comes out, we can't really know.
    Both main titles fall under the criteria I described as well. But I wasn’t online prior to the release of KH2, so I didn’t want to lump them in with Days and onwards. Of course we can’t know until it happens or it doesn’t. But considering how the reveals thus far have been handled and current marketing trends being more direct-to-consumer compared to 6+ years ago, I’d be surprised if they reveal a full Disney world through a magazine. (Not counting 100 Acre Wood in the event it is a minigame world again. Anything like that I could see showing up first in magazines.)

This is just my opinion but at this point in the process, it would almost be a shame to reveal a full Disney world without footage of the incredible animation work they’re doing. It made sense to reveal BH6 through concept art since nothing else was ready, but they shouldn’t have that problem now. Their current trend of releasing a trailer and then following up with magazine interviews seems to be working pretty well. I can see that approach continuing through to Jump Festa.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyXBirds95 View Post
    While it's true that KH3 is the biggest game in the series when compared to the other handheld titles that revealed worlds (e.g. BBS, DDD), I doubt they are going to save information just three months before the game comes out just like how HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue didn't start consistently revealing info through Famitsu, Jump Magazine since September of 2016 after their TGS showing.

They could still have this month be dedicated to Olympus and Kingdom of Corona, even though these worlds were seen in previous articles mostly as Images or snippets. However, we have yet to see what the Character renders for the Tangled and the Hercules characters look like in promotional material and the plot fo these worlds nd frankly, I doubt they would save them at the very end of the year. So who knows it's possible, but could go either way.
    I’m not saying there won’t be any reveals through Famitsu, only that there most likely won’t be any brand new full Disney world reveals through it. Not when there’s most likely only two of those left, not counting 100 Acre Wood. 2.8 didn’t have a whole lot of new content to reveal without spoiling all of 0.2 and Back Cover. KH3 has a lot more content that they can reveal over the September-January period.

What you said is important to my point though. There is plenty of unseen stuff from already announced worlds that Famitsu and other magazines could easily have exclusive reveals for. But the new Disney worlds are the best way to get a strong reaction from the general public, so they should be saved for the big trailers, in my opinion.

In short, my stance is:

New Disney worlds, party members, Organization members, summons, and attraction flows should be revealed through trailers. Magazine features should be used to expand upon previously revealed content and to fill in information gaps that trailers don’t have time to cover. This is what I think would be the most effective for marketing, but Square Enix could think otherwise, of course.

Organization Member
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

I think magazines will reveal soem of the worlds. It's how it's always been, not everything has to be revealed in a trailer. In fact seeing it in a magazine to me gets me amped to see the world in action in a trailer.

Anyway I think TGS will reveal BH6 and one new Disney World and also Radiant Garden or at least some FF characters revealed.
    Jump Festa will definitely be a big event as well. I can see the final Disney World being revealed there.

I think we still have 3 Disney Worlds to go including 100 Acre Wood.

Still think it's Jungle Book and Princess and the Frog.

The golden age of Disney needs some representation in this game.

Registered
    Jan 2013

Kingsoraful you mentioned that Jungle Book was one of Nomura's favorite Disney films after Lion King. Has he ever officially stated that?

Registered
    Feb 2016
    None

I will be there!!!! Damn I'm excited to play. Hope it won't be crowded

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit: Become Human, Dissidia Final Fantasy

Absolutely expect it to be incredibly crowded. At E3, over three days, we had to come back multiple times a day just to see if they were letting people in the line (they would threaten you if you hung around) and then you spent around 2+ hours waiting for a chance to play (less if you chose to play on Xbox). At San Diego Comic Con they brought in a ticket reservation system and hopefully that went well and will be their model for conventions going forward, as having a reserved time spot to play the game is a lot better than wasting your time hoping they'll let you into the line.

So yeah, Kingdom Hearts III is incredibly popular with the longest wait times I've seen at any convention so do plan for it to be crowded and do have back up games to demo in the unfortunate event you are unable to play.

Registered
    Feb 2016
    None

Can we play both demos? Or do they ask to leave when you finish one part?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast