Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repliku

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Default Repliku

Up until now, I’ve been on board with the idea that the Other Riku is a past version of Riku when he was possessed. However, with the latest trailer and some thought about how the plot might go, I’m starting to warm up to the idea of this being Repliku.

If this is him, I think he will be the antagonist in Radiant Garden. But what motive would he have there? Well, that is where his creators have just recently returned from their seeming deaths. What if Repliku’s goal is to finish off Even, Ienzo, and the rest due to their treatment of him? Perhaps, he’s already disposed of Even by the time we get there, explaining why he might not be returning.

Repliku also might not be a Xehanort vessel, but his own agent. At least at first. Sora would have to fight him in Radiant Garden to protect the Apprentices, calling back to the Sora vs Dark Riku fight in KH1. Once Repliku is incapacitated, one of the Seekers could arrive and capture him. As Nomura said, there will be more major twists and turns like Aqua and I think this would be a huge blow to Sora, causing a version of his best friend to be made a Xehanort vessel.

Thoughts?

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Default Re: Repliku

I'm more confused about his role. Is he good? is he bad? I have so many questions about his placement in the story that I can't think of any speculation for him whatsoever.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    I'm more confused about his role. Is he good? is he bad? I have so many questions about his placement in the story that I can't think of any speculation for him whatsoever.
    I think that’s what would make him interesting. He’s kind of in that grey area as someone Sora and Riku will want to redeem. He wouldn’t have anything against our heroes, but he would against people they will inevitably feel the need to protect, like Ienzo.

Registered
    Jun 2018
    Life is Strange 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Up until now, I’ve been on board with the idea that the Other Riku is a past version of Riku when he was possessed. However, with the latest trailer and some thought about how the plot might go, I’m starting to warm up to the idea of this being Repliku.

If this is him, I think he will be the antagonist in Radiant Garden. But what motive would he have there? Well, that is where his creators have just recently returned from their seeming deaths. What if Repliku’s goal is to finish off Even, Ienzo, and the rest due to their treatment of him? Perhaps, he’s already disposed of Even by the time we get there, explaining why he might not be returning.

Repliku also might not be a Xehanort vessel, but his own agent. At least at first. Sora would have to fight him in Radiant Garden to protect the Apprentices, calling back to the Sora vs Dark Riku fight in KH1. Once Repliku is incapacitated, one of the Seekers could arrive and capture him. As Nomura said, there will be more major twists and turns like Aqua and I think this would be a huge blow to Sora, causing a version of his best friend to be made a Xehanort vessel.

Thoughts?
    I swear, if Even gets killed off I'll throw the game in the garbage bin >_< He doesn't deserve that. If Ienzo is there and helping the good guys, then Even deserves a chance at redemption, too.
    I'd like to see Even interact with his two creatures (Repliku and Xion), tell them he is sorry, or work to bring Xion back (who better than her creator?). I know the VA said he's not returning, but I think the character has so much potential, and his story is far from over.

Speaking of Repliku, I hope he's one of the good guys. He has suffered a lot, he deserves a happy ending :)

Organization Member Megavoltage's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2011

If Riku Replica is hanging out with Riku on the beach maybe he can be a big boon. He could tell Riku what he knows of Xehanorts master plan, or tell Riku where Aquanort is for another attempt at purification, some bit of useful info to help move the adventure along. Maybe even join The Seven Lights for the final clash? It's so weird to think of him as important, I was certain he'd be on Xehanorts team as just a grunt to fill out the ranks, nothing more than a boss battle.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaralin View Post
    I swear, if Even gets killed off I'll throw the game in the garbage bin >_< He doesn't deserve that. If Ienzo is there and helping the good guys, then Even deserves a chance at redemption, too.
    I'd like to see Even interact with his two creatures (Repliku and Xion), tell them he is sorry, or work to bring Xion back (who better than her creator?). I know the VA said he's not returning, but I think the character has so much potential, and his story is far from over.

Speaking of Repliku, I hope he's one of the good guys. He has suffered a lot, he deserves a happy ending :)
    Even is like the Hojo of this series and I see Repliku being like Vincent Valentine. I would like to see him and maybe explore that relationship with Repliku, but I wouldn’t be that upset if Repliku does Even in. Besides, I think there will be some ill feelings between the Apprenctices with Ienzo and Aeleus being good and Even and Dilan being bad. I don’t think it’s wise to expect all four of them to suddenly have a change of heart. Even seemed like a creep even in BBS, so it isn’t a stretch to believe he’ll go back to his old ways.

Being good doesn’t mean you’ll get a happy ending. Being bad doesn’t mean you’ll get bad ending. Since we already have Riku on the heroes’ sides, it would be redundant and uninteresting to just have copy of him fighting for the same side. I want Repliku to have a happy ending too, but that doesn’t mean he has to be good the entire game anymore than Aqua or Terra do.

I think people assume anyone who ends up as a Seeker of Darkness automatically has to perish or face a tragic fate in the end, which is far from likely to be the case.

Registered
    Apr 2018
    the piano

It's worth noting that he's not got yellow eyes. Unless that's a goof up like they did with Ventus and now maybe even Marluxia. But I'm guessing it's not an oversight, I don't think he's Norted. It'll be a more interesting character development that way too!

Unversed
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

I still can't see the ending of the trailer and not laugh a little. It's like Riku is smiling over at him like "Heya buddy, how ya doing?" And Repliku is just glaring at him like a moody teenager saying "leave me alone..."
    Kinda funny in a way, but not that I blame Repliku for harboring a bit of ill feelings.

Ultimately I want Repliku to be on the good team and not a nort because that would go a long way towards making him feel like he can be his own person and contribute in a way.

Registered
    Jan 2013

If Repliku is a vessel I'm hoping he is the darkness of San Fransokyo like people are speculating. He parallels Dark Baymax down to a Tee

Registered
    Oct 2015

Riku Replica's appearance in the trailer was a bit puzzling. He's chilling on the beach with Riku who smiles at him and seems to be conversing with him. Also, Riku Replica didn't have amber or golden eyes in the trailer. I'm starting to doubt that he's a seeker of darkness. I can definitely see him playing an important role in the KHIII story, both to the plot and Riku's character.

Here's a wild theory that just came to mind and it's ridiculous, but it's late at night. What if when Riku and Mickey visit the Realm of Darkness and attempt to save Aqua, they end up encountering or saving Riku Replica. There must be some reason Riku left his broken blade at the Dark Margin for his "other self". Perhaps Riku Replica picked up the broken blade and it somehow brought him back into the real world? I don't know, this is just a wild and purely fun theory.

Regardless, I'm happy to see Riku Replica is returning to some capacity and wasn't forgotten. He was one of the first true anti-heroes in KH and his story arc was fantastic.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    but that doesn’t mean he has to be good the entire game anymore than Aqua or Terra do.

I think people assume anyone who ends up as a Seeker of Darkness automatically has to perish or face a tragic fate in the end, which is far from likely to be the case.
    Being forced to be on the evil side doesn't make Aqua or Terra any less of "good" characters, because those forcing them to be there are the real evil ones.

The thing with the Seekers of Darkness is that there are two types of them, those who are genuinely abusive evil shitbags who deserve to perish for all the shit they did and those who are thralls forced to be among them because they're actually captured good guys.

Master Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas and most likely Xigbar definitely belong to the first category while Aqua and Terra definitely belong to the second group.

Most of the others, including even Marluxia, Larxene and Vanitas who were so far never portrayed as anything other than evil shitbags (Saix/Isa doesn't count completely as it was shown that he used to be better than what he is now), cannot be put into any of the categories yet because there is not enough context for them.

Are they willing participants like Xigbar? Or are they so far unknowingly to the audience opposed to Xehanort like Terra and Aqua and struggling against his influence the whole time?

---

As for Repliku, I think we should possibly steer away from connecting and speculating about every original character solely in the terms of the 13 Seekers or 7 Guardians.
    It is certainly the foretold big climax but it is nowhere set in stone that it is the only climax or really the very final battle.

The power of friendship and bonds is a big theme in KH and that includes especially on the side of those who rely on it more than just seven people.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jun 2018
    None

I'm kind of lost when Riku said "the other me" how could he know about the other him?

Unversed
    Registered
    Mar 2007

He's a complete unknown.

I still think Ansem was time traveling in Riku's body in DDD, though.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Hold on... what if Replica Riku ends up joining Maleficent and Pete? It could give him a purpose that's distinguished from the real Riku.

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    Hold on... what if Replica Riku ends up joining Maleficent and Pete? It could give him a purpose that's distinguished from the real Riku.
    I'd rather have Repliku find his own path or be with the good guys instead of having him with Maleficent. All it would do is make him no different from the version of Riku he was made to imitate.

And Riku being stuck with Maleficent has already been done twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast