Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jun 2018
    None

Default Re: The Thirteen Seekers, Revisited

I'm betting on Demyx. It seems weird that he is the only original Organization member to be left out.
    Then I'd say Terranort and... I don't know. I'm guessing the 13th Darkness will be "decided" during the game.

Organization Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Chainofmemories View Post
    I think all of the new Norts from the old Organization XIII in KH3 are related to some capital sins:
    Marluxia-pride
    Larxene-wrath
    Xigbar/Braig-greed
    Saïx/Isa-envy
    Luxord-i don't know what to say about him. His full personality is never detailed at all...
    Demyx-sloth
    So that is why these characters could have been chosen in order to become the new Norts. What do you think?
    Sounds right for Marluxia/Lauriam.

Larxene = lust. (Sadists are often lustful.)

Xigbar/Braig = envy. (His Keyblade-wielder-envy was what led him to Palpanort in the first place.)

Saix/Isa = wrath. (Berserker-type who resents Axel/Lea for their falling-out.)

Luxord = greed. (Gambler-type -- enough said.)

Sounds right for Demyx, too.

Nobody
    Registered
    Aug 2015
    None

Yes, but i am not very sure. In games, Luxord is depicted as a man who only keeps on gambling because he wants to know what will happen as he thinks luck and fate are not written in stone. He could represent lust too :S

Registered
    Apr 2012

I guess you could also say Ansem / Xehanort's Heartless = gluttony, because he's always craving his next "DARKNESS!" fix.

Nobody
    Registered
    Aug 2015
    None

Envy and greed are similar but not the same. Envy is when you want something from someone and you can't have it and the thought of not having it makes you feel sad and wish the worst things for the person who has what you want. It is similar to jeaolusy. I think this sin is related to Isa, because starts to envy the friendship between Axel and Roxas.
    Greed is when you want something only for yourself and without sharing said thing with none. Xigbar symbolises as he desires a Keyblade for himself at any cost.
    I can be wrong ^^'

Registered
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaralin View Post
    I'm guessing the 13th Darkness will be "decided" during the game.
    Headcanon -- the final Seeker will be Red Skull wielding the Soul Stone.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaralin View Post
    I'm betting on Demyx. It seems weird that he is the only original Organization member to be left out.
    Then I'd say Terranort and... I don't know. I'm guessing the 13th Darkness will be "decided" during the game.
    See, Demyx the odd man out actually strikes me as perfect because him not even being aware of the "True Organization XIII" sounds like it'd be funny. He's dangerous when he gets serious, but he's so lazy that Xehanort probably opted not to even bother. I'd like a joke like that... while Demyx- or whatever his original name was- still somehow throwing a curveball in either side's plans.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2013
    None

I posted this list back in 2013: https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/177868-13-seats-darkness-2.html#post6038713

So far so good, only two more to be confirmed. Or three if you do not count Terra as confirmed.
    I still believe the last two members to be Vexen and Xaldin. The mentioning of those to being unstable is du suspicious to me to be to have no deeper meaning. Ienzo explaining the digital Twilight Town in the new trailer only makes it more clear to me since Even seems to be even more qualified for this scene but is seemingly absend. Demyx just was to nice and never showed any signs of nortification.

Also from what we have know so far the organization members that have been successfully norted were all more stereotypicly evil (see Marluxia, Larxene, Saix) during the events of CoM and KHII. Those two just fit the bill the best.

Replicu was a possibly (but not logical) candidate to me until we saw him in the latest trailer. The missing coat isn't what rules him out for me but the open lack of antagonisim with Riku in that scene.

Unversed
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

As much as I love Demyx and want him to be relevant somehow I doubt he is going to be a main Nort just because it seems like such an...odd choice for sure.

I would much rather have running into him be just a random surprise in a random world. Like, oh hey...its you. And have him just be...living his life again. Could have some funny dialogue around it, he could run away when he sees you, but ultimately it would be nice to have someone simply be a regular person.

That does still beg the question of why he was recruited in the first place...if he wasn't at least a potential candidate in some form, though...

Welp, no matter his role I hope he isn't just ignored altogether. I'll be pretty upset if EVERYONE is back except for him and we never find out his real name either.

Registered
    Oct 2015

I'm sorry but I don't think Demyx is a seeker of darkness. It would be too predictable at this point. We now know that the Organization members in CoM have revived as somebodies or are seekers of darkness. Same with most of the KHII Organization members. I'll be honest, I didn't expect Larxene to be a seeker of darkness, but that's cool. At this point, like I said, I think making Demyx a seeker of darkness would be too predictable. I do believe we should encounter his somebody is some way, shape or form though.

Unversed
    Registered
    Mar 2007

MX said one of yours is already mine at the end of DDD.

I think Aqua is a true nort.

Still, that resolution would sort of make 0.2 pointless.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez View Post
    MX said one of yours is already mine at the end of DDD.

I think Aqua is a true nort.

Still, that resolution would sort of make 0.2 pointless.
    0.2 Pointless?
    Yea no, the last part about involving Aqua in KH 1's ending was pointless but the rest is certainly not as it actually shows the audience how the loneliness and constant exposure to the effects of the Realm of Darkness is affecting Aqua's mental health and resolve, how the defenses of her heart are slowly eroding and the small hope spots she gets "awarded" during its run are crushed shortly afterwards again.

Nomura originally planned the ending to be different and have Aqua break down in tears after she's separated from Mickey and trapped again to show how she's finally reaching her limits after so long.
    Aqua is strong but she's no super being, she does have limits too.

To quote myself from another thread for details:

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Easily?
    The events of BBS itself and an unhealthy long amount spending time trapped in the Realm of Darkness have over time slowly eroded the formidable defenses of Aqua's heart.
    Add on top of that in 0.2 she is given several short bouts of hope that are cruelly taken away or crushed a few minutes later, i.e. finally meeting the "real" Terra who managed to project an image to her and a "real" Ventus, who despite being incapacitated subconsciously reached out to her, yet moments later she learns that nothing changed for the better since she fell into the RoD. Ventus is still comatose and hasn't healed yet and even worse, Terra informs her that Xehanort is again after Ventus shortly before Xehanort takes over Terra and thus reveals not only that she right now revealed important info to him in regards to Ven, no she also has to realize that her sacrifice at the end of BBS which made her fall into the RoD in the first place to save Terra was in vain.
    He's still trapped in Darkness and tied to Xehanort while Ven is still in danger.

The next hope spot comes when she meets Mickey (who according to the dialogue was led to her indirectly by Terra and Ven) but that too gets crushed when after finding the Kingdom Key D and fighting to shield Riku she ends up trapped again.
    Sure, in the very end she gives a brave speech about how she will make the best of the current situation, but that doesn't mean she's not worn down and very exhausted from everything.

When she meets Ansem the Wise in Blank Points she's rather somber and again gets no positive news in regards to Terra and Ven, on the contrary she gets told that the worlds already nearly fell to Darkness more than once and it is only the mention of Sora and what he has done so far that lights up another spark of hope inside her.
    That's around the time of Re: Coded, DDD happens afterwards and while I agree we're missing several bouts of context Aqua certainly didn't "easily" fall to the Darkness.

On the contrary it is admirable how long she managed to hang on and resist, but even the strongest hearts have their limits and when one takes a closer look her experiences aren't too different from the whole ordeal Sora was put through in DDD.

I'll drop a quote here that fits this case as well as many others of the original characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Morganna Mode Gone, .hack series
    "The higher up it is dropped, the worse the crash will be. Hope is the best spice to bring out despair."
    This applied with enough time and perseverance will eventually break everyone, no matter how strong.
    And if Xehanort is anything he's patient and perseverant.
    In that thread kirabook also makes some interesting observations on 0.2's role.

Saying in this context that 0.2 is completely pointless I would interpret of not having completely understood what 0.2's point is.

It is not about showing us how "badass" and untouchable Aqua is, but to show more of how human she is and how she's slowly losing her own inner battle and succumbing to the pressure despite prevailing for the time being.

The reveal in KH III now shows the audience now that Aqua's remaining defenses didn't last long enough and Mickey and Riku simply reach her too late.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

LMFAO. I remember when people told me that Luxord,Demyx and Larxene wouldn't return and that Marluxia isn't a Seeker. The only thing I was wrong on was Xion and possibly Terra-Xehanort.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaXOmega View Post
    LMFAO. I remember when people told me that Luxord,Demyx and Larxene wouldn't return and that Marluxia isn't a Seeker. The only thing I was wrong on was Xion and possibly Terra-Xehanort.
    So far we have zero information about Xion, Terra, Naminé, Ventus and Roxas in KH III, so anything is theoretically still on the table in terms of theories regarding those characters.

Unversed
    Registered
    Mar 2007

@Sephiroh0812

The hopeful vibe from blankpoints just seems lost if she's a nort to me. That's just my personal opinion.

But plotwise I understand Nomura probably couldn't have Mickey and Riku accomplish one of their main goals so early in the game AND that Sora will probably be the one to save her ultimately.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast