Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts Union X

Default Re: Famitsu Details Some of KH3's World Order, Pudding Heartless, Gummi Ship Customisation and More

One thing for sure is that Mandy Moore will be back as Rapunzel. She loves that character and wouldn't miss a second to reprise her role.

Unversed
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

Default Re: Famitsu Details Some of KH3's World Order, Pudding Heartless, Gummi Ship Customisation and More

Quote Originally Posted by ultima-demi View Post
    Is anyone confident they'll still do magazine world reveals? Feel like with Disney being more hands on with KH3 it won't happen. It just makes me wonder how would they reveal some of the more less popular properties this time around, especially with there being still so much to show.
    I do think Magazine reveals will and could still happen. What I can also see Disney doing is promoting worlds on The Disney Channel or one of their channels that they own. Promote the game and at the end reveal a new world.

Or they can go the route of what Smash did with Smash Wii U. Have livestream events just for talking about the game.

I think there's still 3 Disney Worlds remaining and since Namura said he won't hold any surprises on the Disney World reveals till the game, they're gonna find a way to reveal the remaining 3 worlds aside from the leak confirmed ones.

For all we know they can use D23 in July to reveal another one after E3 reveals one or they can do something like they did in KH 2 and reveal 2 worlds at the same time.

Registered
    Oct 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    Disney Infinity was a bit of a different beast than KH3. It was a toys-to-life game but had very little true story content, and what it did have was barebones until some of 2.0 and 3.0. Disney wasn't going to try and push to get all of the original voices for it. It was always about the toys and sandbox aspects and not about the story.

KH3, though...You've got some of the actual staff from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar working on the games as consultants with said staff stating how it is canon to the films, and almost near perfect replication of these films in a video game format. It would not surprise me if Disney tried a little harder to get as many of the original VAs back for this game in order to keep up with the near-movie quality experience SE is trying to deliver with this game.

There are some that just won't no matter what is said or done, but you'd be surprised just how many will likely return to reprise their role.
    I really appreciate the reply but about my actual question... what would you say is the biggest Disney video game in TWDC's eyes?

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Dissidia Final Fantasy, Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

There is no D23 in July. That expo is once every two years.

Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

So this year's remaining major gaming events are, What? E3 in June, Gamescom in August, Tokyo Gameshow in September? I feel like I'm missing another major one, which is to say nothing of smaller events.

Unversed
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

And I don't think anyone is gonna care about 100 Acre Woods being revealed as a world. It never has been, the way 100 Acre Woods has always been confirmed is magazines. So they wouldn't waste a trailer on revealing that world. If we get trailers we are getting newsworthy worlds. So with 3 events incoming that leaves 3 Disney worlds + 100 Acre Wood as well.

And I imagine the E3 trailer will show us our first look at FF characters in the game as well.

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Dissidia Final Fantasy, Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

Quote Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
    So this year's remaining major gaming events are, What? E3 in June, Gamescom in August, Tokyo Gameshow in September? I feel like I'm missing another major one, which is to say nothing of smaller events.
    There's a PAX East event in April in Boston a week before the Union Cross fan event in Los Angeles.

There's E3 in June, San Diego Comic Con in July, Gamescom in August, Tokyo Game Show in September, New York Comic Con and Paris Games Week in October, and PSX / Jump Festa in December.

Each event listed above, excluding PSX, has had at least one Kingdom Hearts trailer or demo in the past.
    Last edited by Chaser; February 13, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

Unversed
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    There's a PAX East event in April in Boston a week before the Union Cross fan event in Los Angeles.

There's E3 in June, San Diego Comic Con in July, Gamescom in August, Tokyo Game Show in September, New York Comic Con and Paris Games Week in October, and PSX / Jump Festa in December.

Each event listed above, excluding PSX, has had at least one Kingdom Hearts trailer or demo in the game.
    I think TGS will be the last event cause I think KH 3 will either come out at end of September or in October. Depending on when NYCC and Paris Games Week is they could release trailers but I think by then we will know all the Disney Worlds in the game.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

i hope we get word when the next news will be at but i think e3 will have the release date though it the one that makes the most sense right now and yseah i can see them appaering in a lot of event we barely scratch the surface with annoucments
    Last edited by gosoxtim; February 13, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    I really appreciate the reply but about my actual question... what would you say is the biggest Disney video game in TWDC's eyes?
    I thought my answer was pretty clear with just how much I said...

Star Wars Battlefront II. Spider-Man. The Avengers Project.

But if we are talking purely Disney and not Marvel or Star Wars, this. This is the biggest one. It is vastly different than those games listed above. There is no game like this. They would not have put even half the effort they are right now to equip SE with the references, the contacts, the staff, the money like they are for this game if they didn’t see it as a major project—if not one of their most important ones—to them.

Again, the fact that they have actual WDAS and Pixar staff consulting and actually working on the game is already huge. This never happens. They’ve never stated something could be CANON to their film canon beyond the animated shows. And yet here we are with KH3 having a canon story in between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3. That’s insane considering how protective Pixar is of their properties. They’d never allow something like that in the past.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

I thought my answer was pretty clear with just how much I said...

Star Wars Battlefront II. Spider-Man. The Avengers Project.

But if we are talking purely Disney and not Marvel or Star Wars, this. This is the biggest one. It is vastly different than those games listed above. There is no game like this. They would not have put even half the effort they are right now to equip SE with the references, the contacts, the staff, the money like they are for this game if they didn’t see it as a major project—if not one of their most important ones—to them.

Again, the fact that they have actual WDAS and Pixar staff consulting and actually working on the game is already huge. This never happens. They’ve never stated something could be CANON to their film canon beyond the animated shows. And yet here we are with KH3 having a canon story in between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3. That’s insane considering how protective Pixar is of their properties. They’d never allow something like that in the past.
    yeah i agree disney and sqaure know how much they going of thi game also i have no dubt in my mind once the marketying starts it will blow xv marketing out the water

Unversed
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

They're probably also looking at the future of the franchise as well. I mean if Disney wants their own cinematic universe look no further then Kingdom Hearts.

I also think this is for 3 reasons...

1. They've realized that there is money to be made in the KH franchise just by looking at the insane reaction at D23. Way way more then SW BF 2 and Spider Man.
    2. They're looking to the future of the franchise where they can include the likes of Star Wars and Marvel in KH. I can pretty much bank we're gonna have Darth Vader as a secret boss in KH 3. I just have this feeling.
    3. One of the big shows coming to the streaming service is gonna be a TV show based on Kingdom Hearts. I think something KH is coming to the Disney exclusive streaming service.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

I’ll never stop saying it but when they played the old trailer from the concert, the crowd was already massively louder than it had been the entire presentation. When Nomura came out it got even louder. When that new trailer started rolling, the crowd’s screams were like a roar. When Toy Story came on sceeen, the room might as well have been exploding because it was so loud.

Sign, Dandelion, and I were sitting behind a row of Disney marketing staff and they literally were freaked out by just how insane the crowd got. One of the staff members who was monitoring streams of the presentation on her phone literally stopped because she was so shocked at the reaction around her.

The whole time the audience was politely excited about earlier stuff, but hardly raving. Then it was like a switch flipped. If they weren’t aware of what they actually have in their hands, they certainly know now.

Hell, one only need to look at their social media and see what the majority of comments were made at them were during D23 Expo Japan.

The trailers have gotten millions of views since releasing. If the main Disney account marketed the trailer, it’d probably explode even more.

Post KH3 is going to be a very weird and crazy time, y’all.

My only worry is how well KH3 will review. It’s going to do well on everything but the story, I imagine.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

I’ll never stop saying it but when they played the old trailer from the concert, the crowd was already massively louder than it had been the entire presentation. When Nomura came out it got even louder. When that new trailer started rolling, the crowd’s screams were like a roar. When Toy Story came on sceeen, the room might as well have been exploding because it was so loud.

Sign, Dandelion, and I were sitting behind a row of Disney marketing staff and they literally were freaked out by just how insane the crowd got. One of the staff members who was monitoring streams of the presentation on her phone literally stopped because she was so shocked at the reaction around her.

The whole time the audience was politely excited about earlier stuff, but hardly raving. Then it was like a switch flipped. If they weren’t aware of what they actually have in their hands, they certainly know now.

Hell, one only need to look at their social media and see what the majority of comments were made at them were during D23 Expo Japan.

The trailers have gotten millions of views since releasing. If the main Disney account marketed the trailer, it’d probably explode even more.

My only worry is how well KH3 will review. It’s going to do well on everything but the story, I imagine.
    the story might be reviews scores down a little bit but i dont it matters though i predict 80-90 score for kh3

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

I guess I can't speak for the reviewers, but I am hoping having the Disney writers aiding the main team will at least make the Disney plots better written than ever, so maybe that will help parts of the story be better received lol. But yea, the main plot will probably be chastised a bit.

I am still low-key worried about how all the gameplay elements are balanced. Two friends of mine who haven't played since KH2 were saying that about the trailer yesterday, how they felt there is way too much being shown and not enough is really combat. Even though they acknowledged it may just be the way the trailers are cut and stuff. Which it definitely is to a point. I assured them its all optional also of course, but I mean for me, I want to utilize most of what's being offered ha.

The only KH thing I always forget to use are summons...I have a few fights I use them on but thats about it. And then of course farming with Bambi on 1, and doing all the dumb coliseum orb stuff in 2 with Stitch ha.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast