Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Romance in KH3

Registered
    Dec 2015
    Default Re: Romance in KH3

The only way for KH to wrap up the romance for Sora: DLC extra side ending where you get to choose who Sora will end up with, that way people pick whatever ship they want and everyone's happy and satisfied with the resolution.

Registered
    Jun 2017
    Kingdom hearts Union Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Theart View Post
    I feel weird stepping into this debate after so long, but at the end of the day, I still think if we ever get a canon romantic hookup in Kingdom Hearts, it's going to be Sora and Kairi. They're the duo in the series that has always been indicated as having a romantic element to them. That's been the case since 2002.

Granted, seeing as how it's been almost a whole decade since the series last gave us a major plot point on how important Kairi is to Sora specifically (Xion in 358/2 Days) and how woefully underdeveloped their relationship is compared to others in the series (especially Sora/Riku), I don't blame folks for thinking other ships might have a chance. Hell, the inner Sora/Namine shipper in me still gets a bit frustrated at the thought from time to time.

I feel kind of guilty saying all of this, especially given how much I champion the likelihood of same-sex relationships being romantic in other franchises (namely Korrasami in Legend of Korra and Yang/Blake in RWBY), but I genuinely do not believe Nomura will give fans any sort of romantic resolution for Sora and Riku. And that's something I feel is a bit of a shame, even if I don't personally ship it, as their dynamic is absolutely the most developed and identifiable part of the franchise by now.
    Personally for me, the relationship Sora / Riku
    seem too banal and not causing much interest. For this is a typical Japanese idea of ​​a friend / rival and there are many such relations in the same anime. Examples: Naruto and Sasuke, Natsu and Gray and many others. This type of relationship in all Japanese franchises has always been the most developed than often the main romantic lines and fans often like to spatter them.
    And although I'll probably stick to credits 2.8, most likely in KH3 we will not get a definitive answer to the question "Who will Sora be with?" , probably all approximately will remain at the same level as in KH2.
    Perhaps in some KH4 we will get the final answer to the question. So the confrontation between Soriku and SoKai will continue and we will not soon find out the winner in this dispute. :)
    For both peyingov there will still be chances.
    Personally, I would like from KH3 not so romantic relationship as the relationship between the characters who have never communicated with each other before.
    I want more interactions between Kairi and Lea, Riku and Aqua, Sora and Vanitas.
    I am currently interested in this much more than the opposition of SoKai and Soriku.

Registered
    Nov 2005

I for one am glad Square finally recognizes the true OTP of KH.

Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MATGSY View Post

I for one am glad Square finally recognizes the true OTP of KH.
    Legit when I was a silly middle schooler, I loved Sora x Ariel because they were only a year or two apart in age and Sora could have always told Ariel he was from the surface world. It was why I was disappointed in KH2 following so closely to the film script. I would have loved to see Sora join Ariel on the surface world, helping her along while she tried to win Eric's affections and also kind of getting defensive of her whenever Eric would shy away.

I also liked Sora x Alice for whatever reason.

And obviously Sora x Kairi.

Then I grew up and saw the light in Riku x Mickey--whoops--I mean Sora and Riku and realized that Aqua, Terra, and Cinderella is probably the only true love triangle in this series.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

You know, Ariel and Sora have really good chemistry for some reason. Can't point my finger as to why.

Personally, I want to see Lea and Larxene's somebody have banter conversations like they did in Chain of Memories!

Real Fake Gold Member DarkosOverlord's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Trying to wrap my brain about hearing people saying Larxene was "so edgelord"

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    Then I grew up and saw the light in Riku x Mickey--whoops--I mean Sora and Riku and realized that Aqua, Terra, and Cinderella is probably the only true love triangle in this series.
    Aqua be pirouetting to show Terra Cinderella got nothing on her

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

i wonder how they going to explain ariel as a mermaid though in the link is she just a image of past ariel or is she from little mermaid 2 since she did become a mermaid again in the movie

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts DDD & Union Cross

I don't know, I've heard that Ariel doesn't really love Sora but is actually just using him to gain citizenship in the surface world. jk

Quote Originally Posted by gosoxtim View Post
    i wonder how they going to explain ariel as a mermaid though in the link is she just a image of past ariel or is she from little mermaid 2 since she did become a mermaid again in the movie
    Maybe that's why instead of looking like Ariel it's more like a water clone. Since she's human now maybe Ariel can project her power and spirit as a mermaid?

Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    You know, Ariel and Sora have really good chemistry for some reason. Can't point my finger as to why.

Personally, I want to see Lea and Larxene's somebody have banter conversations like they did in Chain of Memories!
    I can sort of explain it. Sora and Ariel have the same kind of desires. They both wanted to see the world beyond their own small one. Sora was getting the chance to experience that while Ariel was still dreaming of seeing the surface. It always kind of confused me that the games didn’t have Sora relate to Ariel more in that regard and show more of his hope for her to see the surface world like he was able to see other worlds.

Also they are both very happy, open people. That helped their chemistry a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Aqua be pirouetting to show Terra Cinderella got nothing on her
    Pirouettes and cartwheels and daring rescues in between. Aqua was putting in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakan Xatos View Post
    I don't know, I've heard that Ariel doesn't really love Sora but is actually just using him to gain citizenship in the surface world. jk

Maybe that's why instead of looking like Ariel it's more like a water clone. Since she's human now maybe Ariel can project her power and spirit as a mermaid?
    I imagine it is probably that. I feel like if we see more of these friendship Links, we will get the Beast which also wouldn’t make sense in the context of canon since he is the Prince now, but would make sense if they were sending their inner strength to Sora.

~Living in a dream~ Moonlight Aqua's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Pokemon: Moon

I do believe there is a chance of romance, if not in KH3, maybe in future games. Sure, in the beginning before we had all these installments of Kingdom Hearts, Nomura said he was just focusing on the friendship relationships of the characters. I accepted this reasoning because basically almost all the games we got were about that, but then in Kingdom Hearts 2, we got a little of romance with friendship mixed in the theme. A lot of the time during Sora's journey, it was about romance. Almost all of our worlds are based on couples and even during Halloweentown, Sora imagines himself with Kairi. So either, he was hinting on more romance later on, or he was just teasing us, because honestly Sora was all over Riku more than Kairi. (Which I laugh when I see this, but also ship it.) Then also we have to remember that the reason we don't have much of Sora and Kairi, is because they aren't as together as the other characters were. They didn't have a much of a chance to see each other or talk much, so maybe these games there will be a chance to them to talk more and maybe bloom their romance?

Dream Eater
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

I believe it’s built up to this point where we could finally see Sora and Kairi grow more as a couple. And Don’t Think Twice certainly helps.

Registered
    May 2007

It would be nice if Kairi had something to do that didn't involve being a love interest.

Real Fake Gold Member DarkosOverlord's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Trying to wrap my brain about hearing people saying Larxene was "so edgelord"

Y'know, the way KH III is shaping up to be make me more hopeful in Kairi having her own moments. At first I took the previous titles' linearity as a reference, but between a possible non-Xehanort Marluxia and Riku's story it's not impossible to think of a narrative that jumps between characters and with more elements at play.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

i could kh3 be like retun of the jedi on how it jump to differnt pov

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I never saw any chemistry between Sora and Ariel. I guess it was because Sora looked like a little brother next to her. Terra and Cinderella, on the other hand...

I don't think the new theme song indicates anything for SoKai. S&C was also romantic and had nothing to do with them.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast