Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Registered
    May 2009
    Default KH3 Release Month/Date Prediction

Based on this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHear...2018_which_is/

Julia dolls at a 20.18 price are posted on a flyer for Galaxy Toys. How plausible would it be that this is a hint for a July 2018 release. Even better with a July 13th release to keep with the 7 lights and 13 darknesses. 7/13.

Probably means nothing, but would be a neat tidbit if true.

When do you guys want KH3 to release? What are y'alls predictions?

Registered
    Jan 2013

Default Re: KH3 Release Month/Date Prediction

I predict KH3 will come out either winter 2018 or fall. Presumably December for winter and September for fall at the earliest.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

March 2019.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

The big question for me is how/if it will be planned to coincide with a release of the theme song. Like is it going to be on the new album? Or is Utada just going to pull a COLORS/Sakura Nagashi and release this as a single the month the game drops and put it on an album three years down the road. Will she sing it on her tour? Will her album release/planned tour dates give us any clues or will we already know the game's release date by then? These questions haunt me.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Jul 2012
    Lego Video Games Harry Potter Ratchet Clank Kingdom Hearts

Not expecting a Release date/Window till Q4 since they need more time to develop the game.

Warrior of Sunlight DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015

I hope it'll be either in summer vacation or close to winter vacation. A June release, a July release, a November release... something like that

Organization Member
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGrey Heroine View Post
    I hope it'll be either in summer vacation or close to winter vacation. A June release, a July release, a November release... something like that
    Its not going to be summer. We would have had to have heard way more about this game by this point. Nobody’s even played it yet and we really don’t know anything about it other than some worlds and a little bit about the combat. The earliest this game can come out is September and I don’t even really see that. We know this is Squares major title this year so it’s going to be a holiday release if it makes this year. That really only leaves 3-4 months the game could come out this year. Otherwise we’re guessing months next year too.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by notnow123487 View Post
    March 2019. ..................
    This is what I expect, too. Late 2018 at the best, but more likely Spring 2019.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

When is the last time a KH game was delayed significantly (not counting 2.8 because it was delayed because of XV being pushed back)? Days back in 2009?

I’m not sure what has people thinking they won’t hit their 2018 mark beyond a general disbelief KH3 will ever release. I’d get if this series had a history of massive delays but they seem pretty confident in 2018. They’ve intentionally avoided showing a lot of this game, and when they do it looks fantastic and it is always a build that is already outdated.

So I’m going with Fall 2018. I’d love to say Summer 2018 like KH3D was, but I think they’d time it just before the holiday season for sales reasons.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    When is the last time a KH game was delayed significantly (not counting 2.8 because it was delayed because of XV being pushed back)? Days back in 2009?

I’m not sure what has people thinking they won’t hit their 2018 mark beyond a general disbelief KH3 will ever release. I’d get if this series had a history of massive delays but they seem pretty confident in 2018. They’ve intentionally avoided showing a lot of this game, and when they do it looks fantastic and it is always a build that is already outdated.

So I’m going with Fall 2018. I’d love to say Summer 2018 like KH3D was, but I think they’d time it just before the holiday season for sales reasons.
    I hate this argument that just because other KH games have not been delayed significantly that that is evidence this game won’t be. This isn’t like any other kh games so I don’t see how it’s comparable. It’s obviously much easier to use recycled assets and to develop for handheld devices. The first game since kh2 that wasn’t using recycled assets was delayed although only a month. We know the game has had development problems in the past from a steep learning curve and switch to unreal engine 4 although that was a long time ago. I think barely hearing anything about the game is half intentional and half the game isn’t there yet. If I were to compare this game to any other game, it would be FFXV, which was delayed close to three months for polish.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    the waiting game.

Anyone else remember this image from the 2015 E3 Trailer?:
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

There's only one month this year that starts on a Thursday and ends on a Saturday... March 2018 release date confirmed!

Lol, JK. Probably December.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    KHUX

I hate this argument that just because other KH games have not been delayed significantly that that is evidence this game won’t be.
    We hardly know anything about KH3's development and if there were major setbacks. You said it yourself, the switch to Unreal Engine was a long time ago and co-developing the same stuff for A fragmentary passage as well as KH3 also helps save time as well as giving them a test run they can learn even more from than from internal testing.

Also, Final Fantasy XV having been delayed is no evidence KH3 will be delayed, either. First it's been a full year now and second I'm not even sure if the same development teams work on both games (I can't be bothered to remember lol sorry) so apart from the Unreal Engine switch and general schedules (like not releasing too many games at once), they might be quite independent from each other.

I think barely hearing anything about the game is half intentional and half the game isn’t there yet.
    It's pretty much the same kind of argument you hated just a second ago. "The other games didn't experience this so will probably be on time" "I don't hear anything so it probably will be delayed". Also -

If I were to compare this game to any other game, it would be FFXV, which was delayed close to three months for polish.
    Giving us a release date later makes it more likely for them to actually meet that date. If they had given us a release date say at D23 in Anaheim and they would find out that they will have to delay the game by three months, everyone would be whining. If they take more time and have been able to calculate possible delays before they announce the release date, it's better for them and for us (as long as they still meet the 2018 criterion).

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

I hate this argument that just because other KH games have not been delayed significantly that that is evidence this game won’t be. This isn’t like any other kh games so I don’t see how it’s comparable. It’s obviously much easier to use recycled assets and to develop for handheld devices. The first game since kh2 that wasn’t using recycled assets was delayed although only a month. We know the game has had development problems in the past from a steep learning curve and switch to unreal engine 4 although that was a long time ago. I think barely hearing anything about the game is half intentional and half the game isn’t there yet. If I were to compare this game to any other game, it would be FFXV, which was delayed close to three months for polish.
    It's not that KH3 won't be delayed because a delay has been hardly a thing in this franchise. It's a nonsense to assume that it will be delayed because there are no reasons to think it will. Any game could be possibly delayed and KH3 is not a special case. There is just no objective reason to believe it will, whereas FXV had many.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

i say we looking at november and december month and shame on the people who has no confidence on the 2018 i get it square but it not a xv sitation plus there were barley any sittaion with kh games being delayed the only reason 2.8 was delay was xv was in the way

Organization Member luuizhenriquem's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2017
    None

Either November 2018 or March 2019

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast