Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

Default Things You Love and Hate In KH2.

Just continuing the thread topic. What characteristics did you love/hate from the KH2 and/or its Final Mix? For me its:

Love:
    Beast's Castle
    Space Paranoids
    Roxas's character
    Cavern of Remembrance/Puzzle Pieces
    Kairi getting a step up (though marginal)
    Limit Form

Hate:
    Disney Filler World plots
    Party members being a downgrade.
    Lack of Platforming/Exploration.
    Not too much "RPGNESS" in the prologue choices.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Playing
    Chain of Memories and GTA: San Andreas

Default Re: Things You Love and Hate In KH2.

Love: Roxas, the gameplay and the ending.

Hate: Filler world plots, lack of the platforming and exploration.

Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Caxinuld View Post
    Love: Roxas, the gameplay and the ending.

Hate: Filler world plots, lack of the platforming and exploration.
    100% agree with the hate. Anyway quick question did you consider Olympus Coliseum and Port Royal filler like worlds?

Registered
    May 2016
    Vanitas (Get it? My title is "Unversed" So...)
    Games

Love:Gameplay,Drive Forms,Worlds(except atlantica)

Hate:Atlantica,Lack of Platforming and Exploration.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Playing
    Chain of Memories and GTA: San Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by ReverofEnola View Post
    100% agree with the hate. Anyway quick question did you consider Olympus Coliseum and Port Royal filler like worlds?
    On its own, the plot of the world was kind of interesting since it introduced a new character & gave us an organization member to battle, but overall, it didn't really add much. I'd say the plot in KH2 for Port Royal was just an expy of the original movie's plot.

I'd also like to mention that I kind of enjoyed traveling between Atlantica & other worlds to collect spells & other important items, but the minigames were the worst part of it. There should've added underwater combat with the swimming controls in KH2, I would've liked the world a lot more.

Registered
    Nov 2016
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5; Final Fantasy 15; The Last Guardian;

Love : Gameplay, Story , most of the worlds

Hate : Atlantica

And I find I don't really hate this but the lenght of the prolouge , when I already have played through it more times , gets kinda annoying (well in my oppinion)

Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zapt View Post
    Love:Gameplay,Drive Forms,Worlds(except atlantica)

Hate:Atlantica,Lack of Platforming and Exploration.
    Aw yes KH2 Atlantica. Always gotta remember to turn the volume down and close the door when playing that level. Sure it's fun but I honestly did prefer the KH1 version even with its hit and miss controls.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Love: Riku and Sora's reunion and the beach scene at the end, Space Paranoids, Disney Castle, the humor (for the most part, the game's funnier than the rest of the series)--which includes Oogie and Hades especially, Beast's Castle, Mickey and Minnie being kickass, Limits, smooth gameplay late-in-the-game, the prologue (although it drags a day too long), the music, Gummi Ship, the 1,000 Heartless visit to RG, the Nobody enemies

Hate: Drive Forms, the awful pacing/story structure, lack of difficulty, bland Org. members, Maleficent becoming a joke, Pete, the Disney worlds and FF characters being irrelevant, nonexistent platforming, the poor world design, boring Disney plots (mostly the ones that try to verbatim replicate the movies), the KH version of Vivi, badass Hollow Bastion transforming into a craptastic Traverse Town, Xemnas, Coliseum tournaments, Lion King and Mulan--two of Disney's best and most easily adaptable films for a game with boss battles/fighting--getting such shoddy worlds (Mermaid, too)
    Last edited by Tartarus; June 13, 2017 at 07:09 AM.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Love: Riku and Sora's reunion and the beach scene at the end, Space Paranoids, Disney Castle, the humor (for the most part, the game's funnier than the rest of the series)--which includes Oogie and Hades especially, Beast's Castle, Mickey and Minnie being kickass, Limits, smooth gameplay late-in-the-game, the prologue (although it drags a day too long), the music, Gummi Ship, the 1,000 Heartless visit to RG, the Nobody enemies

Hate: Drive Forms, the awful pacing/story structure, lack of difficulty, bland Org. members, Maleficent becoming a joke, Pete, the Disney worlds and FF characters being irrelevant, nonexistent platforming, the poor world design, boring Disney plots (mostly the ones that try to verbatim replicate the movies), the KH version of Vivi, badass Hollow Bastion transforming into a craptastic Traverse Town, Xemnas, Coliseum tournaments, Lion King and Mulan--two of Disney's best and most easily adaptable films for a game with boss battles/fighting--getting such shoddy worlds (Mermaid, too)
    I agree with pretty much all of this, the only thing I'd add to love is that I think the art direction and animation and overall graphic style of this game is absolutely fantastic. It was the very best a Kingdom Hearts game could look at the time, and that standard kept it hovering above the graphical limitations of the handheld games. KH2 is very, very beautiful

Registered
    Jun 2015
    trying to understand how the concept of "too much Supernatural" is supposed to work

I think I love everything about KH2 except for the small story, low character development and the badly implemented disney worlds.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of this, the only thing I'd add to love is that I think the art direction and animation and overall graphic style of this game is absolutely fantastic. It was the very best a Kingdom Hearts game could look at the time, and that standard kept it hovering above the graphical limitations of the handheld games. KH2 is very, very beautiful
    Oh, yes, the game is very beautiful.

I think I should also add Saix, Roxas, and Hayner to my "love" list.

Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post

Lol I forgot about Maleficent's unfortunate demise in this game. Heck she was arguably more important in CoM and she wasn't even IN that one. But yeah I really agree with your dislikes.

Also at least Cavern of Remembrance did do Hollow Bastion (as well as KH2 in general) some justice though in terms of platforming/exploration. Though it really made it apparent how much platforming/exploration this game was lacking. Kind of like putting a big band-aid over an injury.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Like: Sora's New Costume, the Fenrir keyblade. I found it interesting that the Ultima Keyblade is pretty easily obtained, but Fenrir requires you to battle Sephiroth, who is the one opponent in Kingdom Hearts II that's a real challenge. Since Fenrir is so hard-won, I think that adds to its appeal, especially since it has a sleek, powerful design unique among keyblades.

Dislike: Roxa's irrelevance for most of the game. It's kind of odd how Square chose to make the tutorial portion of the game feature a completely different character, whose story gets sent to the backburner once Sora arrives. Roxas goes through the kind of ordeals and angst make most protagonists interesting, while the actual protagonist, Sora, has a fairly easy ride for most of the game.

Registered
    May 2007

Love: GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK

Hate: GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK

Registered
    May 2014
    Tekken 7

Love: Drive Forms, Limits, Reaction Commands, Story, Boss Battles
    Hate: The Prologue, Atlantica world, Leveling up Drive Forms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast