Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1053
  1. #871
    Keyblade Apprentice Perkilator's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    571
    Gender
    Playing
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    Why did they bother putting Hunchback in DDD when Tony Jay's dead and no one on this planet sounds like him? That's not a knock against whoever tried to voice Frollo, literally no one can sound like Tony Jay except Tony Jay.
    That was Corey Burton. Couldn’t you tell?

  2. #872
    Keyblade Apprentice kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    677
    Gender
    Playing
    Wind Waker

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    I haven't watched the cutscenes in forever and had no desire to revisit them for the sake of refreshing my memory. x)

  3. #873
    Silver Member MATGSY's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,793
    Gender

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Perkilator View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the Toy Box Heartless should’ve been initially referred to as “monster toys” instead of “intruders” by Woddy and the gang?
    If by Monster Toys you mean Sid's frankenstein experiments they don't really resemble those.

  4. #874
    Keyblade Apprentice Perkilator's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    571
    Gender
    Playing
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by MATGSY View Post
    If by Monster Toys you mean Sid's frankenstein experiments they don't really resemble those.
    Well…no. Just “monster toys” because that’s probably what Woody would see the Heartless as (not to mention the obvious fact that they appear from darkness).

  5. #875
    Silver Member MATGSY's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,793
    Gender

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    What makes a toy a monster then? Wouldn't he just see them as regular toys?

    And they are intruding in his home so intruders does make sense to say.

  6. #876
    Keyblade Apprentice Perkilator's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    571
    Gender
    Playing
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by MATGSY View Post
    What makes a toy a monster then? Wouldn't he just see them as regular toys?

    And they are intruding in his home so intruders does make sense to say.
    …Fair enough. But “intruders” still sounds awkward to me.

  7. #877
    Bronze Member
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,606
    Gender

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and saying that I had a lot of fun coming up with new bits to nitpick about the franchise here with you. I like that basically all of us took this place for what it was and didn't get overly emotional about it: props to Grono for coming up with the concept.

    My nitpick for this post: that this thread should've had more people participating so that we didn't appear like petty people for making nearly 60 pages of it by ourselves. :P

  8. #878
    KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. Grono's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere, surely procrastinating
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,178
    Gender
    Playing
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and saying that I had a lot of fun coming up with new bits to nitpick about the franchise here with you. I like that basically all of us took this place for what it was and didn't get overly emotional about it: props to Grono for coming up with the concept.

    My nitpick for this post: that this thread should've had more people participating so that we didn't appear like petty people for making nearly 60 pages of it by ourselves. :P
    Hey, it's still alive! I'll keep it flooded with nitpicks as long as possible! Only a month or so ago we weren't even at 50 pages yet so I'll take that as a success!

    But yeah, thank you to everyone that frequents this page from time to time <3 I like how none of us take this thread too seriously, especially since nowadays so many of these threads can be populated with vitriol and hints of bad vibes.

    When III comes out you BET I'll be nitpicking top to bottom, but I'll put spoiler tags on my posts for the first few months just so that y'all can have a chance to play the game before you hear spoiler-y nitpicks on it <3

    My nitpick: darklings are heartless that were keyblade wielders, yet they all look identical and it's not explained why they all keep their intelligence in some capacity. Also kinda brings into question the "Sora and Xehanort are the only people to have control over their heartless before" thing

  9. #879
    "Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,301
    Gender
    Playing
    with your minds

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Here's a nitpick. We don't have a Best Thread Ever award.

    I'd nominate you in a heartbeat, dude. This has really been my favorite thread, and it's amazing how it's the chillest one too considering it's all about complaining about pretty much everything. And like, there's just so much small stuff not worth their own thread that it's great to have a place for them.

  10. #880
    KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. Grono's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere, surely procrastinating
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,178
    Gender
    Playing
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    Here's a nitpick. We don't have a Best Thread Ever award.

    I'd nominate you in a heartbeat, dude. This has really been my favorite thread, and it's amazing how it's the chillest one too considering it's all about complaining about pretty much everything. And like, there's just so much small stuff not worth their own thread that it's great to have a place for them.
    I created it as an outlet for me to express nitpicks I had without having to make whole threads over minor things, and honestly I've had so many good times with y'all through our 59 pages. A personal favorite I think of from time to time was when we clowned on the spells from the series, like how blizzard was an awfully extreme name for a few ice shards and how thunder is a stupid name for a lightning-based spell.

    Spontaneous nitpick: a sound-based spell called thunder would actually be really cool, with the thunder spell being renamed to "Plasma".

    Anyways, I'll go through this thread one of these days and nominate every one of you bastards for a keyblade master award. The creativity and love for the series I've seen throughout every page here shows me that there's people that deserve the award, so it's the least I can do.

    Love ya, Fudge and Darkos. I'll find ways to keep the thread up for as long as I'm still here!

  11. #881
    Keyblade Apprentice kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    677
    Gender
    Playing
    Wind Waker

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    The lack of any cutscene or in-game explanation as to why we fight Sephiroth alone in KH2.
    D&G have dialogue in the scene leading up to the fight, then they just...disappear!

  12. #882
    "Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,301
    Gender
    Playing
    with your minds

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Grono View Post
    I created it as an outlet for me to express nitpicks I had without having to make whole threads over minor things, and honestly I've had so many good times with y'all through our 59 pages. A personal favorite I think of from time to time was when we clowned on the spells from the series, like how blizzard was an awfully extreme name for a few ice shards and how thunder is a stupid name for a lightning-based spell.

    Spontaneous nitpick: a sound-based spell called thunder would actually be really cool, with the thunder spell being renamed to "Plasma".
    And a great outlet it is! :D

    To be extra nitpicky. A blizzard would be snow, not ice shards. "Icicle" or "Hail" would make more sense.

    Okay, both a sound-based spell and a spell named "Plasma" would be really badass.

    Anyways, I'll go through this thread one of these days and nominate every one of you bastards for a keyblade master award. The creativity and love for the series I've seen throughout every page here shows me that there's people that deserve the award, so it's the least I can do.

    Love ya, Fudge and Darkos. I'll find ways to keep the thread up for as long as I'm still here!

  13. #883
    Keyblade Apprentice kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    677
    Gender
    Playing
    Wind Waker

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    I guess it's not a nitpick, but I didn't feel it was worth creating a thread for itself.
    Is it okay I find KH2 difficult to go back to? I get more and more bored with it each time I revisit. I'll always love the Cavern of Remembrance, the Org 13 bosses and Enigmatic Soldier/Terra, but that's about it.
    It's such an empty, soulless game with nothing to do and nothing to explore.
    Revisiting KH1 is always a nice time as I always like exploring worlds to their fullest and finding all the treasures, dalmatians, trinities, etc. Not to mention easy to dive into since the prologue is short, quick and to the point! KH2, whenever I want to revisit it, I have to mentally prepare myself for a long slog of an opening even when you skip the cutscenes!
    I'm already confident I'll like KH3 better.

  14. #884
    KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. Grono's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere, surely procrastinating
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,178
    Gender
    Playing
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW GUIDELINES IN THE THREAD. THESE WERE NOT SPURRED OUT OF ANY VIOLATION OF THE POLICIES I HAVE RECENTLY ENACTED, BUT OUT OF A LOVE FOR THE FORUM AND A HOPE FOR A CONTINUATION OF POSITIVE BEHAVIOR IN THE THREAD THUS FAR.

    IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO GET BACK TO YOU!

    Love you guys! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    I guess it's not a nitpick, but I didn't feel it was worth creating a thread for itself.
    Is it okay I find KH2 difficult to go back to? I get more and more bored with it each time I revisit. I'll always love the Cavern of Remembrance, the Org 13 bosses and Enigmatic Soldier/Terra, but that's about it.
    It's such an empty, soulless game with nothing to do and nothing to explore.
    Revisiting KH1 is always a nice time as I always like exploring worlds to their fullest and finding all the treasures, dalmatians, trinities, etc. Not to mention easy to dive into since the prologue is short, quick and to the point! KH2, whenever I want to revisit it, I have to mentally prepare myself for a long slog of an opening even when you skip the cutscenes!
    I'm already confident I'll like KH3 better.
    I agree with this wholly! I might have authored a review of KHII a while back, though I can't remember.

  15. #885
    "Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,301
    Gender
    Playing
    with your minds

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

    Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    I guess it's not a nitpick, but I didn't feel it was worth creating a thread for itself.
    Is it okay I find KH2 difficult to go back to? I get more and more bored with it each time I revisit. I'll always love the Cavern of Remembrance, the Org 13 bosses and Enigmatic Soldier/Terra, but that's about it.
    It's such an empty, soulless game with nothing to do and nothing to explore.
    Revisiting KH1 is always a nice time as I always like exploring worlds to their fullest and finding all the treasures, dalmatians, trinities, etc. Not to mention easy to dive into since the prologue is short, quick and to the point! KH2, whenever I want to revisit it, I have to mentally prepare myself for a long slog of an opening even when you skip the cutscenes!
    I'm already confident I'll like KH3 better.
    KH2 has not aged well, that's for sure.

    At least it has Belle elbowing Xaldin. Still one of the best scenes in the series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grono View Post
    EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW GUIDELINES IN THE THREAD. THESE WERE NOT SPURRED OUT OF ANY VIOLATION OF THE POLICIES I HAVE RECENTLY ENACTED, BUT OUT OF A LOVE FOR THE FORUM AND A HOPE FOR A CONTINUATION OF POSITIVE BEHAVIOR IN THE THREAD THUS FAR.

    IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO GET BACK TO YOU!

    Love you guys! :)


    Making it extra, extra clear on how to use spoiler tags just in case. ;)

 

 
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •