Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Aug 2017
    Rocket League, Ni no Kuni 2, Ys VIII, Digimon World, Pokemon Go

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

Quote Originally Posted by Perkilator View Post
    Well, we technically have a Keyblade called Sweet Dreams.

In other news, Iago promises no more scams in KH2, and Sora accuses it of being a new scam. How did they meet each other in KH1?
    Sora in KH2 is like the most inconsistent person ever. He distrusts Iago but has sympathies for that Christmas town machine that steals presents because it wants a heart - oh, I wonder whoever else wants a heart in this game who Sora has absolutely no mercy with. He seems kinda upset about Axel's death which is a really heartbreaking moment and even seems to rethink his "they don't have hearts" damnation for a sec until he turns into kill mode again not even an hour later.
    And then we get DDD.

And to Riku's having Kairi's keyblade: That's the bullshit that probably bothers me most in the series along with the ending of 0.2. Some people claim it was a keyblade inheritance ceremony - well, the k.i.c. is a recommendation of someone getting a keyblade, the keyblade still decides (once said based on the power of the heart) whether you deserve one, you are not being handed that thing. There was a million ways they could've handled that better and they were so easy - Sora gets attacked by heartless, Kairi steps in, her keyblade appears. There you go. That "here you go, have fun"-thing where Riku pulled it out of his behind with no explanation whatsoever is like the stupidest thing they could've done.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by Veevee View Post
    Sora in KH2 is like the most inconsistent person ever. He distrusts Iago but has sympathies for that Christmas town machine that steals presents because it wants a heart - oh, I wonder whoever else wants a heart in this game who Sora has absolutely no mercy with. He seems kinda upset about Axel's death which is a really heartbreaking moment and even seems to rethink his "they don't have hearts" damnation for a sec until he turns into kill mode again not even an hour later.
    And then we get DDD.
    Well to be fair there the experiment of Doctor Finklestein only steals presents while the Organisation turns people into Heartless/unleashes Heartless on worlds and generally attacks living beings, that's quite a different context so I can see why one might have sympathy for one while condemning the other.
    Having the same motivations alone does not always warrant same treatment as how one follows those motivations plays also a role.

As for the variant with Axel, on one hand he has shown beforehand that he's sorry about what he's done and he actively helped Sora and co. so that may earn some sympathy on a personal level.

It was exactly in DDD where Xigbar rightfully noticed that Sora is slow on the uptake so if anything it gave an explanation as to why he didn't change stance already in KH 2.

Registered
    Nov 2017
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

Friendly reminder that console limits were the reason Kid Simba always smiles in Pride Lands.

Registered
    Aug 2015
    None

I cannot have a serious conversation with my friend that is a native Japanese speaker when Dream Eaters come up. Seriously, Ryu dragon just means "dragon dragon."

Registered
    Nov 2017
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I cannot have a serious conversation with my friend that is a native Japanese speaker when Dream Eaters come up. Seriously, Ryu dragon just means "dragon dragon."
    https://youtu.be/xUfxnDAAxHI

The 100 Acre Wood minigames in KH1 control like crap.
    Last edited by Perkilator; January 1, 2019 at 09:14 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Past View Post
    Why were D&G so submissive in just agreeing with Sora to sleep in CO rather than try to discuss whether they should? Sleeping in a random castle that to their knowledge was only being protected by a small blond girl should raise enough red flags to at least Donald and Goofy. I mean their goal was finding the king but they were cool with just sleeping for a while instead of looking for him. I understand the writers positioned Sora as the leader so whatever he decides to do goes but I feel it just ruins the group dynamic. Like if I was Goofy I will surely be asking for more time to decide on such a decision.
    To be fair, Sora wasn't the only one losing their memories here, Donald and Goofy were too. So they had to go to sleep to get their memories fixed along with Sora's. Like if Sora was forgetting Kairi, who knows what the other two were forgetting.
    While not in the game to my knowledge, near the end of the CoM manga, Donald brought up that he could remember Mickey's promise to stick with Sora but he couldn't remember who he made the promise to. It's possible that Donald and Goofy ended up forgetting Mickey during their time in Castle Oblivion, maybe even during their time away from Sora after he ran off.

Registered
    Apr 2013
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

Nitpick: Namine and Roxas should have had more of a connection in Days. Days was developed after II, so it was a really strange choice they made in distancing the two characters instead of maybe giving them a little more time together before Roxas lost his memory. I'm not asking for a straight relationship between them, but Namine walking around and interfering more with the organization in smaller ways before II would have been really great. I don't know, I just wish Namine was around more I guess.

Registered
    May 2007
    Shovel Knight

She's busy drawing, man! She's got a lot of commissions to catch up on, she doesn't have time to appear in some anime Disney game.

The Cleric of Flamesgrace Xblade13's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Octopath Traveler, Kingdom Hearts series marathon, Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Grono View Post
    Nitpick: Namine and Roxas should have had more of a connection in Days. Days was developed after II, so it was a really strange choice they made in distancing the two characters instead of maybe giving them a little more time together before Roxas lost his memory. I'm not asking for a straight relationship between them, but Namine walking around and interfering more with the organization in smaller ways before II would have been really great. I don't know, I just wish Namine was around more I guess.
    For me, who played Days before 2, when Naminé introduced herself to Roxas it was literally them meeting for the first time. It felt like it. It was implied as she "really wanted to meet him". This means the.most interaction the two would have had before 2 would have been her finding out about him. Which she did in Days from sensing the memories disappearing. I don't know, it really just feels like people assumed they were more. And (not saying you are) a lot of those people are shippers who think how they feel for each other is more than just a reflection of Sora/Kairi as their Nobodies. In fact, I imagine Naminé honestly really liked Sora, and since he chose Kairi over her she basically went for the Sora clone instead lol.

As for a nitpick... why the heck is Vexen so dang hard in CoM Sora's story? Twilight Town fight with him felt like a final boss almost. In fact, he's harder than any of the fights after him, and that includes Repliku, Larxene, Axel and Marluxia. And it's purely honestly because of his stupid shield blocking attacks.

Registered
    May 2017
    Harvest Moon till KH3 comes out

Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    She's busy drawing, man! She's got a lot of commissions to catch up on, she doesn't have time to appear in some anime Disney game.
    She got a Furry Deviant art request and now she doesn't know how to cope. Poor Namine.

Registered
    Apr 2013

Nitpick: Final Bosses shouldn't have playing keepaway as a core strategy. I feel like Marluxia does this with the card scatter thing, and it's pretty weird, not gonna lie. Not only is it not particularly strategic, it's just bad game design imo. I love Marluxia as a character, but his final boss form doesn't scream well thought out final boss to me at all.

I literally don't remember the ansem fight from CoM at all so I won't even try to compare it.

The Cleric of Flamesgrace Xblade13's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Octopath Traveler, Kingdom Hearts series marathon, Overwatch

Nitpick: Final Bosses shouldn't have playing keepaway as a core strategy. I feel like Marluxia does this with the card scatter thing, and it's pretty weird, not gonna lie. Not only is it not particularly strategic, it's just bad game design imo. I love Marluxia as a character, but his final boss form doesn't scream well thought out final boss to me at all.

I literally don't remember the ansem fight from CoM at all so I won't even try to compare it.
    The final boss fight for Ansem in CoM is pathetically easy, or at least it was for me. Not only is Riku able to do insane damage because of AP boosts throughout the game, but he retains every boss card, so having Jafar, Maleficent, Hook, etc to use any time, along with the card duel system, means you almost have to try and lose. Ansem really doesn't do anything particularly strategic and is basically just another boss. Pretty much just his post-darkside form in KH1 but cards.

What's funny is I argue Vexen feels more like a final boss than Marluxia, with his shield and insane sleights.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

A Riku-focused would have been better for that.

Registered
    Apr 2013

It would have been cool to see Demyx or Namine pranking organization members or interacting in a more meaningful way. There was potential in Days, but you only see some of it, and Saix being so prevalent in the story really kills the fun parts for me since he's such a dull personality.

Imagine Demyx setting rainclouds or something in someone's bedroom in the morning, or Namine drawing all over the walls with her crayons just to diddly with them. I don't know, KH could always be more mischevious :)

Registered
    Nov 2005

All of the KH original characters are humans. How come Nomura never made a new mouse or duck or other talking animal? Total missed opportunity.

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast