Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Aug 2014
    Rainbow Six Siege

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

Late to this but cool thread, I dig it.

I don't like the 3D character portraits used next to all the gauges in 0.2 and seemingly KH3. Bring back the illustrated portraits of the past.

Also all the aspect ratios and whatnot need to be correct so the game fits all TVs by default. 0.2 did not.

Livin' Like Larry GronoTRIGGERED's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    The System

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post

I don't like the 3D character portraits used next to all the gauges in 0.2 and seemingly KH3. Bring back the illustrated portraits of the past.

Also all the aspect ratios and whatnot need to be correct so the game fits all TVs by default. 0.2 did not.
    Thanks!

Don't know anything about aspect ratio, totally agree on the 3D Images though. Aqua's portrait looks nothing like her.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Mafia lll

Why were Donald and Goofy at the tower in DDD? Mickey I get but why Donald and Goofy? If they stayed at the castle they could have helped Minnie when Maleficent invaded.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by GronoTRIGGERED View Post
    Yeah; can't keyblade wielders do that in Unchained X? Why do they need to do the glider things? Is it just because they don't know where they're going to head off to? That's the best explanation I can come up with; it does make sense.
    Yeah, that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Why were Donald and Goofy at the tower in DDD? Mickey I get but why Donald and Goofy? If they stayed at the castle they could have helped Minnie when Maleficent invaded.
    "If only there was something we could do in the meantime"

*screams of horror from one of Yen Sid's mirrors*
    "It's been weeks since your adventure against the Organization and Pete and Maleficent have once again scattered Heartless everywhwere! Help us for the love of God help us!"

"If only there was something..."

Registered
    Nov 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post

I completely agree. I'm not a fan of the 3D portraits at all, and it kind of feels really jarring, especially because they don't even look good (kinda pixelated). Need my Nomura art <3

Registered
    Apr 2013
    The System

Nomura hits us hard with those super emotional cry scenes from Sora and Kairi after the game ends for the first two numbered titles, then forgets one of them exists until Dream Drop Distance. Dude. You had me SO hooked as a kid.

Registered
    Mar 2015
    procrastination town, population: me

Quote Originally Posted by GronoTRIGGERED View Post
    Nomura hits us hard with those super emotional cry scenes from Sora and Kairi after the game ends for the first two numbered titles, then forgets one of them exists until Dream Drop Distance. Dude. You had me SO hooked as a kid.
    More than just a nitpick that's one of the most common complaints I keep hearing from fans and quite an obvious big probelm tbh. You can't have a character hyped as super important and special for two games, then have her be really underwhelming in third and then just make her disappear. I used to like Kairi as a kid but then KH2 happened and after that she just never did... anything again. Kairi's importance to Sora is super inconsistent and it's quite annoying.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

Another thing that bothers me: I've been replaying DDD a few times lately and my God they play the generic sad music A LOT. Like, we get it, there are sad moments, that doesn't mean you have to underline each one of them by playing the music.
    That's another bad habit DDD picked up from BbS.

*manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Another thing that bothers me: I've been replaying DDD a few times lately and my God they play the generic sad music A LOT. Like, we get it, there are sad moments, that doesn't mean you have to underline each one of them by playing the music.
    That's another bad habit DDD picked up from BbS.
    And on another of DDD's music choices, they use Olympus Coliseum's theme a couple times in Country of Musketeers. Granted, I do think it fits the scenes it was used in, but.....it's also hard to watch when you suddenly have an urge to get on the hydra's back.

Registered
    Apr 2013
    The System

The fact that the music for Traverse Town in Dream Drop Distance was a variation of the original. I appreciate that Shimomura tried to change it up a bit, but the original music was some of the best video game music around, and the new theme... it's just bland.

Also, Country of Musketeers' battle theme is criminally good for an otherwise mediocre world.

*manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

DiZ claims the black coats prevents your presence from being sensed. After it's been shown Riku and Zexion can sense and identify people wearing the black coats.

Registered
    Nov 2014

I really don't like that they took out the first person mode in favor of zooming in very slightly (in 0.2). I mean, I never used it, but stiiill, not called a nitpick for no reason.

Registered
    Aug 2009
    KH 2.5

idk if this is a nitpick but something that I really hate about the handheld ports on 1.5 and 2.5 is that I expected the camera to be a lot further away from the character since it wasn't on a handheld screen anymore but they left the ratio the same, if that makes sense. I really hate it and it makes the game feel cheap in my opinion.

Registered
    Oct 2006
    Crash Bandicoot

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    1. Maleficent coming back by being remembered. Don't give me that shit how is anyone supposed to die for good here.
    I always hated this. This never made any sense to me. No other character in this universe comes back to life simply by being remembered, nor is it ever explained how it's possible. It's just "Oh yeah, I remember. Oh shit, there she is."

Nobody
    Registered
    May 2017
    None

Guys, I think the remembering thing is because in her film she does gain power by being remembered so it makes sense kinda? idk, I don't like it either.
    Btw I wanna say I hate the FOV on KH series, it is just too small.

Also I've been reading and its not just me, I hate how Kairi's being forced to be important. (Know it has been talkd a lot but I want to say it anyway) She's only appeared in a few scenes in BBS KHI and II, yet now she is goes from being Sora's prize to 'Hey look I'm a cool Princess-Guardian Keyblade Wielder"
    It really sucks how she's had no dev. We really Don't know Kairi, she hasn't shown any personality because she hasnt had any time to. The only thing we really know about her is that she's good because she's all light and... that's all. Even if we get to know her a little in III it'll be too forced, it really worries me, she's going to be a main character, and I don't know if I want to after all those missed opportunities.
    Like, seriously, she could be the most fun character or she could be a typical girlie or even not be a talktative person yet it'd fit the character, because she's not even a character itself, she's just a pinkish npc with some cute lines. And don't get me wrong, I have always loved her but now it feels too late.
    Axel-Lea's also been forced A LOT to be important just because of popularity, and it is because he's always had a personality, he HAS shown us more about him than many of the characters in most of the game. At this point I don't mind him being a Light Guardian if he gets to, I didn't mind he getting a Keyblade and I will like him being a main character again, because we know him, his goals, what he wants, he's earned it. We got to know him more than one of the 'most important' characters in the whole story. Was it too difficult to give Kairi any actual love?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast