Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Jun 2011
    Default Re: New Years resolution anyone?

To try dating for the first time in many years.

To keep up my straight A's from last semester (Hahaha wish me luck, I have Aural Theory IV.)

To try to get back in shape. I've really lost since it I quit my active job and went back to college.

To get a job in the summer, but hopefully squeeze in a trip to the Northeast beforehand (with actual consideration of moving there! ^_^)

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts Union X

Keep taking risks and step out of any type of comfort zone.

Find a real good job and maybe take a course for music

Consider if I want to apply for a university (If I find one that actually features what I want to do)

Keep working on my art and try to have more fun with video games.

Never be afraid of change, change is good to grow.

To make sure that 2018 will be another worthy year.

will I cry when it's all over Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Getting fit. I've got some serious tone in my arms from lifting boxes for the last months, but that isn't enough exercise in the day to keep me truly trim and fit. I drank too much soda and ate too much junk food at the end of the year because of stress so I have to course-correct. I know I'm skinny but there is a difference in being skinny and being fit and healthy

Cut out caffeine. Everybody lives off of caffeine around me, but I get caffeine exhaustion easily which causes quite a bit of back pain for me.

Finish my novel. I feel ridiculous for stressing about it, too.

Get CPR + First Aid certified so I can apply for the jobs I want. It the ONLY hurdle keeping me from applying for speech therapy and it is such a stupid easy task to accomplish. I've let my job get in the way of doing it, sadly.

Apply for a Masters/Doctorate Psychology program. I've held off on that as well. It's time to just take the dive. diddly the fear of failure.

Less spending. I have too much junk I need to get rid of. And I'm great at paying off my bills, but I don't really want to have unnecessary bills anymore in general. Mainly I just want to shove money into paying for my private school loan because the interest is stupid af.

Gaming-wise, I need to stop buying games until Kingdom Hearts 3. I'll support stuff that deserves it, but no more AAA purchases or impulse buys. I need to save for like all 20 versions of KH3 that will come out.

Gonna also try and platinum as many games as I can. I need to get rid of stuff, like I said. I have so many games I won't play again once I finish them so why should I hold of on playing them any longer.

On a personal level, I really want to work on being the best me I can be. Healthy, put together, and happy. I also want to try and keep being a good friend to those I care about. A lot of crap happened to me last year that made me have to cut off almost everything and everybody except like my closest friends, so I want to just...do better at being better.

A
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    the life of a pimp

-Drop this tech job and find a real engineering job
    -make money in crypto like I should have done back in 2012
    -save up at-least $20,000
    -Make my trip to europe again this year

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Playing
    Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

My plan was to quit smoking come New Years, but as per usual, I gave up within a week of that. I'm gonna try again though - I made it about a month or so last time, back in November. I also want to get fit again - I spent the last 4 months working, and didn't have time for the gym. At least, that's what I convinced myself. So 4 months of no gym, smoking, drinking have not helped me, along with excessive christmas food last month. So I guess I'll go work out a bit more.
    I think my ultimate plan is to finally get a permanent full-time job and move out finally. I graduated back in November, and I promised myself I would only stick around until then. Still, I just finished my contract for my job there, and despite people being insistent that I was certainly getting kept on, I was not kept on. At least not for any viable reason I can discern. My availability was constant, my work ethic was constantly praised, customers loved me, and I actually sold credit cards to people which no one else did, but y'all were insistent. So now I guess I'm stuck with getting a new job now.

So I guess quitting smoking and slacking. Get my own flat, and get myself a nice new job. Maybe graduate job if I push it, but since there's nothing out there rn, fat chance.

Registered
    Nov 2005

I moved to Las Vegas in late 2016 & so far I haven't done a whole lot yet to see the various events that happen here. I'm hoping to make more time for Vegas shows this year. So far I've got tickets for Penn & Teller & for a WWE PPV next month.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Hmm, I didn't make any exactly, but I've had some ongoing goals.

Like many people here it seems, exercising more is one of them. I was actually on the right track with that for a while, but the past couple weeks I've been fighting off migraines and dealing with drama and got off track. Need to fix that soon.

On the migraine thing though, possibly getting medical help with that as well as some other health things is another goal I've been working on.

I need to draw more, for sure. I was doing a decent job of it last year, but I want to try to draw even more than that if possible.

I don't even have a PS4 yet, so getting a PS4 and playing the existing KH games as well as FFXV is another goal while I wait for KH3.

Hoping to be more active here again too, especially with KH3 coming out... we'll see how I do with that, haha.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Trying to take a walk on sunshine, but I keep missing the rays.
    Too much.

Finish some games I've had for too long now (looking at you FFXV)

For the first time ever, finish the story I'm writing instead of abandoning it. Not looking great right now, because I haven't written in weeks)

Find a new job and quit my current. The rewards I get no longer stack up to the effort I put and the stress it causes me. There's very little appreciation for what I do, but from what I hear it's nothing but chaos when I take a day off. And it also makes it harder to write since when I get home I no longer have the energy for it.

Registered
    Apr 2016

Once I turn 16 in 2 months, get a summer job after school.
    Save up my money to get a PS4 and get KH3 and KH 2.8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12