• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My hope would be a message from Nomura saying "Happy 22nd anniversary, look forward to more information on KH4 later this year"

Like an announcement that news is coming is unironically news.
I'd love a message like this because it at least would give us something to look forward to at some point, rather than just all of us floating along mindlessly like we have been.

It's 7:30 am in Japan right now. We've got a full day to get through 😭

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd love a message like this because it at least would give us something to look forward to at some point, rather than just all of us floating along mindlessly like we have been.

It's 7:30 am in Japan right now. We've got a full day to get through 😭

The Missing Link trailer was posted at 3pm JST if I’m doing the conversion right. The teasers before that were posted late in the evening though. I think around 9PM. But then the 20th anniversary art was posted at like 1am JST which has already passed. Basically it’s going to be a long day for possibly nothing. Lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have noticed that they have put things out later to try and get a crossover with the timezones in America. I hope we don't have to wait 13+ hours for somethingggggggg

celebi

Awards
My hope would be a message from Nomura saying "Happy 22nd anniversary, look forward to more information on KH4 later this year"

Like an announcement that news is coming is unironically news.
Nah, forget that. I'm putting on my tinfoil hat and I'm ready for some juicy information about KH IV from our boi Nomura!

Jokes aside, at this point, I'd even take a new drawing from Nomura if it's related to KH IV.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Nah, forget that. I'm putting on my tinfoil hat and I'm ready for some juicy information about KH IV from our boi Nomura!

Jokes aside, at this point, I'd even take a new drawing from Nomura if it's related to KH IV.
Imagine he just drops a drawing of Darth Vader and refuses to elaborate lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm replaying KH3 and I'll take any news today about a PS5 remaster that removes loading. This gen has really spoiled us with near instant loading.

Lmao @ KH3 having Goofy tell Hades to go back to the Underworld and stay there, and Donald antagonising him further, and now KH4 has them needing to grovel to him to try and find Sora. No wonder they're scared shitless in that trailer.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nothing as of the 3pm JST mark so I’m starting to lose hope. As annoying as it might be, CBU1 may still be too focused on Rebirth. They just started a big “making of” video series today, so that may be the main thing they want to push right now. I think the post-launch marketing push for Rebirth will likely slow down after its Ultimania releases in April. So we may be waiting a few more weeks.

(Hope this ages terribly.)

Awards
Nothing as of the 3pm JST mark so I’m starting to lose hope. As annoying as it might be, CBU1 may still be too focused on Rebirth. They just started a big “making of” video series today, so that may be the main thing they want to push right now. I think the post-launch marketing push for Rebirth will likely slow down after its Ultimania releases in April. So we may be waiting a few more weeks.

(Hope this ages terribly.)
I'm getting really tired of this. A friggin' making of series shouldn't require that information on another game remain silent! That's not how this should work!!

Chie

Awards
It also isn't how it works. People are just saying this.

NoWay

Awards
Almost 7 pm in Japan and we still have nothing. Did any official Japanese Square or KH account even acknowledge the anniversary? I didn’t find anything..

I still have hope that something will come from the American accounts. As far as I know, it's still early morning in many regions, isn't it?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm getting really tired of this. A friggin' making of series shouldn't require that information on another game remain silent! That's not how this should work!!

Sorry if the way I worded that was confusing, but it’s not about the making of series alone that’s the issue. That’s just one of many things happening to market Rebirth. There’s also the soundtrack releasing on 4/10, the Ultimania on 4/12, several promotional events, etc. It took a few months after KH3 for them to show Remake, so could be the same situation here.

The Missing Link teasers were posted around 9-10pm JST. So there’s still a possibility of something.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Almost 7 pm in Japan and we still have nothing. Did any official Japanese Square or KH account even acknowledge the anniversary? I didn’t find anything..
Square Enix Merchandising tweeted about the anniversary! With a link to spend your money on plushies and toys.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Visions of Mana just released a new trailer. Lol
Yeah, they wouldn't release Kh news on the same day as another square enix game gets news.

Surely there's April 10th, right 😂

Summer game fest is most likely but like...not even missing link news? What even happened to that game

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, they wouldn't release Kh news on the same day as another square enix game gets news.

Surely there's April 10th, right 😂

Summer game fest is most likely but like...not even missing link news? What even happened to that game

They might, but it’s almost 11pm over there. So we aren’t getting anything. Lol. I guess there’s always the possibility of them waiting until the morning of the 29th in Japan if they’re wanting to cater more to the US audience as it would still be the 28th over here. But I think the only way that would be the case is if it is a US beta for Missing Link being announced.

celebi

Awards
Damn, if Nomura and Square Enix finally decide to give us something, Lord behold a trailer, and it says release in 2026, I'm losing it for real.

At least put something out now if we have to suffer through the rest of '24 and the whole of 2025.

Liodin

Awards
As always for the anniversary, no news.

The thing now is that the beta announcement can be any day at any time. So we can't predict when they will say something about that.

I trust @Antifa Lockhart about what they said that SE are already contacting influencers for the beta, so I hope that means it will be sooner than later.

Back