• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Good Things thread. (When something makes you wanna cheer..)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Don't know if anyone's checked my profile messages lately but that gave me the idea for this. But yeah, this is just for those really rockin' things that hit you that make you wanna dance or cheer or both. Mods, if this is the wrong place, very sorry, please move it.

Anyway what happened; Last Friday, I went in to take my road test for a driver's license. I PASSED!! First and only try, and it's been a VERY long time since I first attempted to get me a driver's license. Murphy's Law get thee behind me! And no more bumming rides all the time! Tho Shadowneko (not his real name) knows I'm avoiding Downtown Atlanta like the plague; that's no place for a newbie driver and he knows it!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nephew's 6th birthday was yesterday. First one to have any real guests besides the usual family over now that he's got classmates to invite.

Soldier

Awards
When my terrible coworker got fired for snapping back at a supervisor.

This was a person who fell upwards through the ranks at my job. I can't state how much they were a thorn in my and my coworker's sides by the sheer apathy that exhumed from their very presence. They got a promotion that they

A: Didn't deserve and

B: Weren't qualified for since they could barely do the job that I've been doing for 1 year and a half at this point.

All the while messing things up and making everyone else's lives harder with their incompetence. But because they put in a lot of overtime for the incentive, one of the bosses thought the world of them. So last October they were chatting with a supervisor about their life, while said supervisor was having a rough time managing things at our company. When the coworker yelled at them to listen that was it, their fate was sealed and they were fired.

This was an occasion worth celebrating, when I learned of it I was dumbfounded, thinking it a sick joke. But when I learned it wasn't, I messaged my mentor (who REALLY hated this coworker with good reason) and my former trainee, both of whom didn't believe me. But we all collectively cheered for something finally going right with our small corner of the world.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Younger sister caught me slipping and snapped a picture of me knocked out with my three-month old niece.
Perfect example of good-vulnerability that genuinely made me really happy.

Did you one better @maryadavies and stickied ✅

Back