• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
Eh, people can have different opinions on a game. I think if people will enjoy and have hope for the game, that’s great! But gambling is a huge dealbreaker for a lotta peeps.

There's nothing to really be positive about when it comes to people being exploited.

Will I enjoy the cutscenes? Sure, I enjoyed the UX cutscenes too. But those were ultimately a tiny part of the game compared to the glut of exploitative nothing content, and made by a tiny different team (Nomura and the two animators). It seems odd to me to even attempt to conflate the two.

I was obviously just joking 💀

I’ve expressed many times how I hate the whole concept of ML. Unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do against it. ML is going the be the next game and we have to accept that, even though 90 % of the fandom here may hate that game

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's not like it's coming out of nowhere. There's been two KH mobile games. The first one was unfun, and the second one was so bad that it genre shifted right into a different genre, and then EoS'ed immediately.

So far, this game looks to be copying the same exact gacha systems.
It's also a much bigger budget production compared to UX/DR. Meaning it needs to be raking in a lot more cash to sustain itself. It anything, they're gonna be even more aggressive with the monetization.

Awards
If anything, I honestly wish this was just the usual chibi-art style KH mobile game for consistency's sake but it is what it is.
I'll give KHML a shot and if it runs well on my phone, I'll keep it. If not, bummer but I'll just watch the lore stuff on YouTube.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I was obviously just joking
You have to understand, boiling takes are common on this forum and another person said something similar to you lol.

But also I joined the conversation late. Got me there, though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's also a much bigger budget production compared to UX/DR. Meaning it needs to be raking in a lot more cash to sustain itself. It anything, they're gonna be even more aggressive with the monetization.
I re-downloaded FFVII Ever Crisis from Steam last night and within a couple of minutes I was hit with two 12-hour only, $40 "deals." The game busted itself and they went into emergency maintenance but I'm sure I would have gotten a lot more monetisation thrust in my face if the game had worked.

Chie

Awards
The creation of actual story content is always secondary to cheap limited-time events, too. Any one of these games has a billion near-constant "special events" going on that offer absolutely nothing to non-whales, and then maybe a couple story updates a year maybe.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
In the latest interview in December Nomura said that months between a main scenario story update is unforgivable nowadays so here's hoping that it's handled differently in Missing Link.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
In the latest interview in December Nomura said that months between a main scenario story update is unforgivable nowadays so here's hoping that it's handled differently in Missing Link.

Fingers crossed that the story updates are going to be on a consistent schedule leading up to KH4’s release. (Whether you’re interested in playing the game itself or not, it’ll be nice having some cutscenes on YouTube to chew on at least.)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just a couple days until the beta testers get notified. I’m interested to see if content creators will also be playing during this round or if that was pushed til later. Mainly because that could give us an idea of if they’re going to start really pushing the game’s marketing yet. Also curious if there are any notable changes from what we’ve seen already.

Liodin

Awards
Since this beta is in Android, I guess there will be people datamining it, so it's possible that someone will find new things even if it has the same content as the IOS one. I hope nothing story related.

But now that I think about it, ML is made in UE4 just like KH3, so if someone manage to extract the maps, characters, etc. maybe those assets can be used to create mods.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Since this beta is in Android, I guess there will be people datamining it, so it's possible that someone will find new things even if it has the same content as the IOS one. I hope nothing story related.

But now that I think about it, ML is made in UE4 just like KH3, so if someone manage to extract the maps, characters, etc. maybe those assets can be used to create mods.

Since it is relatively small beta, it may be a bit risky to datamine it without it being traced back. Not sure if that’s possible. It’s also a matter of chance if anyone selected knows how to datamine.

I wonder if Roboloid will come back to datamine the full game like they did with Union Cross.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Android beta was delayed again slightly, but they decided to run an iOS beta alongside the Android one.

[Android version closed beta test schedule change and iOS version closed beta test addition announcement]
We sincerely apologize for the sudden announcement regarding the closed beta test for "KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link" and for any inconvenience caused.
In preparation for the Android closed beta test, we have been making improvements and adjustments based on the feedback we received during the iOS closed beta test conducted last year. In order to allow more users to enjoy the improved game in more environments, we have decided to postpone the start of the Android closed beta test and conduct the iOS closed beta test at the same time.

■■ Android version closed beta test schedule ■■
■ Before the change: 4/25 (Thu) 16:00 to 5/2 (Thu) 17:59
After the change: 5/2 (Thu) 16:00 to 5/10 (Fri) 17:59

■ Winning email delivery date Before change: Around 4/19 (Fri)
After change: Around 4/26 (Fri)

We deeply apologize to everyone who was planning to participate in the Android version closed beta test for the further postponement. In addition, recruitment of testers for the iOS version closed beta test is scheduled to start on Monday, April 22nd. We will announce the details on this account, so please wait for a little while longer. Based on your feedback, we will strive to improve the quality for the official service, so we appreciate your cooperation.

Liodin

Awards
Only one week, and they also add IOS to the beta so more people can play and keep improving the game? Good news for me.

Funny how the IOS beta, that was not planned, is going to be even before the Android beta was originally scheduled.

So for those of us who weren't going to be able to play, this is good news because instead of starting on Wednesday, the beta will be this Monday.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it has improved compared to the previous beta. Do you know what the main complaints were from those who played?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Only one week, and they also add IOS to the beta so more people can play and keep improving the game? Good news for me.

Funny how the IOS beta, that was not planned, is going to be even before the Android beta was originally scheduled.

So for those of us who weren't going to be able to play, this is good news because instead of starting on Wednesday, the beta will be this Monday.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it has improved compared to the previous beta. Do you know what the main complaints were from those who played?

I don’t think the iOS version starts before the Android version? They are just starting recruitment Monday and then it will start on the 2nd at the same time.

It’s not a big delay and at least it shows this will actually be an improved version of the game since the last one. But the planning seems a bit messy with this. You’d think they could have just planned it this way from the beginning.

I really wish they’d give us a new trailer to give us a bit more faith in this game. However short they are, two delays are not doing them any favors from a a marketing standpoint.

Liodin

Awards
I don’t think the iOS version starts before the Android version? They are just starting recruitment Monday and then it will start on the 2nd at the same time.
You are right, I misread it. So IOS users will have to apply again.

I really wish they’d give us a new trailer to give us a bit more faith in this game. However short they are, two delays are not doing them any favors from a a marketing standpoint.
I'm sure the next trailer will release close to launch.

And I don't think a one week delay of a closed beta will have any negative impact, when we also know that the reasons for the delay are positive.

In any case, most fans have already decided whether they are going to play it or not. And the casuals won't even know that there is a beta, and will remember that the game exists with the next trailer.

LucemFerto

Awards
I know it's not a long delay and they put out their reasoning ...

but after all the delays we already had, this is just such a bad look.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sure the next trailer will release close to launch.

Depends what you mean by close to launch. These games usually have a pre-registration period and I think they’ll want to put out something that encourages people to register. The one for Ever Crisis started about two months prior to release and started after the SGF trailer and at the same time they started recruitment for closed beta.

So my fool’s hope is we get a new trailer Monday that announces pre-registration and the recruiting for the new iOS beta. Maybe they’ll even open it to more regions.

LoneFox

Awards
Sounds like they want more players to stress-test their servers. Also, moving it away from 1st of May is probably a good idea...

Agroogrooiya

Awards
The ten quintillionth delay for this DOA mobilegacha? Oh my god ahahaha you can't make this ish up. It's a colossal waste of resources, human and otherwise, and should have been repurposed as a crossplatform game AGES ago. SE mismanagement in full display. Called it over two years ago as a "halfassed joke" but deep down I knew I was right.

Stop with the gachashi titles. Stop with the nonsense "oh this story ten billion years ago" drip feeding. Just write a cohesive plot and deliver it on consoles like the rest of the damn series. Otherwise, Kingdom Hearts is dead for literal half decades at a time.

Back