• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Not for nothing, but, uh... they went dead silent on this game. It's been an uncomfortably long time since the beta without a word. What's more, I haven't ever seen anyone online in all my travels express any excitement about this game. I don't get the sense that anyone wants this game at all.

I'm not trying to just yap about how the game sucks, I just find it spooky that Kingdom Hearts has a title that is, probably, going to flop hard and be a huge waste of time and money.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Who is this game for? Yes, many KH fans will get it, but they'll just as happily buy a title like BBS or Days. The point of gachaing your property is to go for a quick cash grab. If this game is actually costing resources and time, who wins? Just make a normal game, then.

Chie

Awards
It's still an effective long cash grab if it gets at least a small handful of whales.

But yeah this really kinda sucks lol.

2 quid is good

Awards
Is it gonna be effective tho? Square shut down a ton of mobile games over the past couple years and it doesn't seem like many of them were particularly profitable.... especially the KH ones. Gotta agree with @Phoenix

If the games not being a quick cash grab then is it really worth it to stick it out?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This is why I can’t with people on other platforms saying we won’t see KH4 til like 2027 because they want to give ML “time to shine.” If that were the case and then this game flops massively, it would be a disaster for the franchise to not have another release for three more years. They know these games are risky and the best thing they can do is to release it close to KH4 so it can feed off the latter’s buzz.

The Android beta was rescheduled for spring which starts next week technically. So hoping we hear something soon. I just want to see what the Disney worlds look like.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not for nothing, but, uh... they went dead silent on this game. It's been an uncomfortably long time since the beta without a word. What's more, I haven't ever seen anyone online in all my travels express any excitement about this game. I don't get the sense that anyone wants this game at all.

I'm not trying to just yap about how the game sucks, I just find it spooky that Kingdom Hearts has a title that is, probably, going to flop hard and be a huge waste of time and money.

Influencers are being reached out to about the next wave of beta testing right now, they're just keeping quiet about it. Expect an update over the next month or so.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Influencers are being reached out to about the next wave of beta testing right now, they're just keeping quiet about it. Expect an update over the next month or so.

Sounds like the next beta maybe won’t just be the delayed one for Android in NZ, UK, and Japan? I was wondering if they may have just decided to skip it/merge it with the next larger wave.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My work place consolidated two offices into one recently (we utilise a shared storage network, remote machines, a bunch of other technical crap) and while the move happened bit by bit for a couple of months, it didn't disrupt anything. If they had a plan for the move in motion, I don't think it would have disrupted their workflow that much.

Awards
My work place consolidated two offices into one recently (we utilise a shared storage network, remote machines, a bunch of other technical crap) and while the move happened bit by bit for a couple of months, it didn't disrupt anything. If they had a plan for the move in motion, I don't think it would have disrupted their workflow that much.
I hope it was planned cuz if not, being a KH fan is suffering

Also u know anything about influencers bein reached out bout the beta?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know naught of that. But I've not know anything about stuff behind the scenes with the series for a long time now.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m surprised he shared this, but GamersJoint confirmed he was contacted in February about launch stuff, but that he recently was advised it had been delayed after he didn’t hear anything for a while. Won’t link the video here, but it’s on his YT channel.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I’m surprised he shared this, but GamersJoint confirmed he was contacted in February about launch stuff, but that he recently was advised it had been delayed after he didn’t hear anything for a while. Won’t link the video here, but it’s on his YT channel.
Damn, you beat me to it😂

Awards
Waitwaitwait, LAUNCH stuff? As in, the final game?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Waitwaitwait, LAUNCH stuff? As in, the final game?

Yeah but keep in mind, that’s kind of a broad term in this context. He likely would have been playing the beta and giving his impressions leading up to launch. It’s a bit concerning that he was invited to participate after the Android beta had already been delayed. And now whatever this was is delayed even further. Hopefully they’re back on track now, but it seems

I said in the other thread I thought it could still release in June. But I don’t think that’s the case if they pushed back the influencer/press previews.

Also, compared to Ever Crisis, the marketing of this game has been non-existent. Regardless of the beta issues, why are we not getting more trailers like EC did? I think they may wait until July so they can market it at SGF.

Awards
Yeah but keep in mind, that’s kind of a broad term in this context. He likely would have been playing the beta and giving his impressions leading up to launch. It’s a bit concerning that he was invited to participate after the Android beta had already been delayed. And now whatever this was is delayed even further. Hopefully they’re back on track now, but it seems

I said in the other thread I thought it could still release in June. But I don’t think that’s the case if they pushed back the influencer/press previews.

Also, compared to Ever Crisis, the marketing of this game has been non-existent. Regardless of the beta issues, why are we not getting more trailers like EC did? I think they may wait until July so they can market it at SGF.
Urgh.

I'm starting to think they should've just ditched the GPS stuff.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I hate to be negative, and it brings me no joy to say it, but with the extremely long wait (2+ years from reveal to release for a MOBILE GAME) and the lack of any enthusiasm online, I feel like we're all standing around watching Kingdom Hearts' biggest failure happen in slow motion.

What's a little scary about all this is that I hope no pig-headed CEO sees this inevitable failure as "well, people just don't like Kingdom Hearts anymore" and place any sort of budget limitations on KH4, or shelve any other side projects.

Very, very few people will want to give this game space on their phone, and even fewer will want to play a controllerless 3D action game WHILE using GPS on the go... and spend money on gacha mechanics.. and all their favorite KH characters aren't even present. how did this stupid fucking idea make it past the pitching phase?

Back