• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I paid. All he posted was that he hears an adaptation is still in development at Disney. So it sounds like his report from 2020. Nothing about KH4 there.

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Someone on Reddit said he also claimed KH4 is releasing next year on his Patreon. But good luck to anyone who wants to pay to verify that information.
Not like he can have someone back that up if he did say that like Midori with Frontiers 2. Barely anyone really cares to leak KH stuff outside of what happened nearing KH3's release sooooo....

Megavoltage

Awards
It's been forever but I'm still in love with the idea of a Kingdom Hearts movie/series. I hope they finally do it now. This would be a good place to use a worldline, go have some crazy adventure without worrying about 'canon' or bumping into whatever huge story Nomura is (slowly) cooking up.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
RPK doesn't exactly have the best track record for anything outside trailers btw. Stuff he says could either be too soon, just in talks, or plain wrong with Patreon money being a priority. Unless someone who actually has the credibility and rep backs this up like Midori with "Frontiers 2" this is still ultimately a grain of salt.

Besides, Disney themselves haven't really been...stellar lately sooooo

Also love how the guy on reddit who said that RPK said KH4 was coming out next year was basically just like those "Nomura said" people

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also love how the guy on reddit who said that RPK said KH4 was coming out next year was basically just like those "Nomura said" people

HMK included a screenshot in his recent video where RPK does mention KH4 next year. Idk what to believe anymore. Lol. The RPK post was apparently back on the 21st. Still massive grain of salt though. I think 2025 is a safe guess for KH4 at this point anyways.

Soldier

Awards
RPK doesn't exactly have the best track record for anything outside trailers btw. Stuff he says could either be too soon, just in talks, or plain wrong with Patreon money being a priority. Unless someone who actually has the credibility and rep backs this up like Midori with "Frontiers 2" this is still ultimately a grain of salt.

Besides, Disney themselves haven't really been...stellar lately sooooo

But I believe that guy on reddit, I talk with him every day, his uncle works directly with Tetsuya Nomura, even pitched a few ideas to him like the hot rod enemy in KH2.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh it was a comment on his discord. No wonder I didn't see it, I didn't subscribe to the highest tier so channels were locked when I peeped in. Get that coin, king.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I do hope KH4 is next year, that would be awesome.

I guess we'll be eating good later this year and next year, this series and two new KH games.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Once again, RPK ain't that credible outside of trailer dates. This is a nothingburger unless someone with better rep[which is unlikely]decides to back it up.

More likely we'll get another post from that Taichi_Aoki dumbass that is obviously BS.

The fact that the Gaming Leaks subreddit slapped the Leak tag onto this when it's STILL a rumor makes me shake my head.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't think anyone is taking this as absolute fact - it certainly shouldn't be - but like Luminary said, it's just something to talk about.

As evident by this thread, a show has been rumoured for a long time (Daniel made a report in 2020 about it as well) but nothing has come from it. But it's still nice for people to think about how a show or movie would form, what style it would be in, all that jazz.

Besides, Disney have been considering a movie for KH since before July 2017

Ryan: Have you ever imagined there being a Kingdom Hearts CGI movie, similar to Advent Children or Kingsglaive?

Nomura: Nothing has been thought about in terms of a cinematic piece, only because it's difficult to put into a narrative that has become as complex as Kingdom Hearts. Of course, we do have a 15 year history so it has come up in discussions about doing some sort of cinematic piece, especially from Disney.

They are interested in making a CG movie of sort, but again, it's difficult to make the call on how we want to execute it and how to form it. I still haven't come to a resolution about what would be the most appropriate way in which we depict the narrative, so nothing specific has been formulated.
So to me it's no surprise if it gets pitched every couple of years.

And 2025 for KH4 is assuredly a safe-ish bet.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I do wonder what they'll do for the series though, a retelling makes sense since Missing Link has new models of Pinocchio and other older characters.

KH1 could be 26 episodes, maybe they could put a new disney world in the story to replace Deep Jungle like Jungle Book?

Chain of Memories, I feel like they should just do the main story stuff since that's sort of a retelling already.

Hopefully they do KH2 before Days but I have a feeling they'll do Days first. (even though KH2 should be played before Days)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I do wonder what they'll do for the series though, a retelling makes sense since Missing Link has new models of Pinocchio and other older characters.
The models aren't new at all, actually. They're the exact same wireframes from 2002, just with glossy UE4 lighting thrown on top. Looks fine from a distance, but abysmal when you get up close to it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Retelling or otherwise, I hope they don’t just reuse the existing KH assets. I’d prefer something more stylized. Maybe something that blends 2D and CGI.

The VisualWorks CGI could work, but would probably be expensive.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

KH1 could be 26 episodes, maybe they could put a new disney world in the story to replace Deep Jungle like Jungle Book?

Chain of Memories, I feel like they should just do the main story stuff since that's sort of a retelling already.

Hopefully they do KH2 before Days but I have a feeling they'll do Days first. (even though KH2 should be played before Days)

I think you could put CoM and Days in the same season with the right execution. Like, as an idea, whenever Sora goes into a Disney world in Castle Oblivion, you could cut to Roxas on missions in that world. That or cut to Riku experiencing those worlds instead. And then, when the CoM material wraps up, the rest of the season would focus on the Days material.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
A retelling does sort of make sense as an alternate means of getting newcomers up to speed on the lore. The longer the game series goes on, the more intimidating the "required reading" backlog becomes for newcomers. Plus some games are a slog to play or aren't even playable in their current forms. It might be for the best to have an easy to digest tv show to point to up to speed.

Chie

Awards
Making a whole TV show just for people to skip games using feels like a waste of art to me.

Most likely if it's a retelling it'll be so different that it's pointless to speculate how they'd handle Days, CoM, etc. If it's a new work, they can do whatever they want to make it work as an original tv show.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Making a whole TV show just for people to skip games using feels like a waste of art to me.
They did it for TWEWY in the lead up to it's sequel. Though, to be fair, they didn't port the game to anything but the Switch whereas KH is available on everything but Steam.

I am of the opinion that a series that re-treads the last 22 years of KH seems a bit pointless when we're going into a new arc with new characters, new villains, new everything. But on the other hand I also would love to see KH1 and KH2 retold where each Disney world is a two-part episode.

Back