Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V.A.T.13

Default Name fun. Also a Kairi topic.

Alright, Im looking through my japanese dictionary and I found some interesting/funny stuff

These are the translations I found using my dictionary

Kairi: dissociation, beaver, nautical mile; 1852m; 6080ft, strangement; separation
    Kai: marks yes-no question, low rank; subordinate; lower order (e.g., byte); low-end, the feelings of the people, shell; shellfish; being in between; mediation; concerning oneself with, meeting; assembly; party; association; club;

Riku: agony of separation, land; shore;

and we all know what Sora means. But I found this odd and funny. Riku means "agony of separation" while kairi means "separation". I already knew Kairi's name meant that, but i didnt know Riku had something to do with it also. Am I reading in too deep, or does this have a meaning in their relationship?

Even though kairi is a princess of heart, she seems to have a dark point. I mean all this trouble is because of her. The boys were best of friends and then she came about, causing them to separate. What if Ansem (It was ansem right? ) never sent kairi to destiny islands? Would Riku have gotten the keyblade like he was supposed to? And if so, would Sora be the twilight one? ( its X/1999 all over again I tell ya x_x; )

And maybe, Kairi isnt meant to have a keyblade. Seeing as Riku had to give it to her. Maybe because of the whole princess of heart thing? Princesses arnt usually supposed to fight. Something just doesnt feel right about Kairi....

Btw, Im not a Kairi hater. Im just thinking too much is all.

Registered
    Jun 2006

Default Re: Name fun. Also a Kairi topic.

Her name means SEA, not separation. You see, Sora, Riku, and Kairi's name represent the sea, land, and sky. Like the island. =X

The separation thing is a misinterpretation...>.>

Sorry if I sound harsh, mind you. =X

Registered
    Dec 2006

Sea, Land, Sky and Seperation.

Makes sense maybe, because if those three elements are supposed to represent the islands, than we know that both Riku and Kairi suffered an agony of seperation on it, like Riku was desperate to see other worlds and wanted to leave the island, that could be the agony. Whilst Kairi was seperated from Riku, but more importantly Sora, that was large part of her story.

Registered
    Jun 2006

Yeah, I guess, but it's been confirmed that the separation wasn't really what her name means. =X

Mind you, I'm a Kairi fan and I'm just easily annoyed because a lot of Kairi bashers use that name excuse to support "OMG TEH HAWT YAOI!" >.>

V.A.T.13

Quote Originally Posted by .:Mega:. View Post
    Her name means SEA, not separation. You see, Sora, Riku, and Kairi's name represent the sea, land, and sky. Like the island. =X

The separation thing is a misinterpretation...>.>

Sorry if I sound harsh, mind you. =X
    Im just posting what the dictionary says. ^^; And you dont sound harsh. Harsh would be everything in caps and in bold red letters. That would scare me. D:

Japanese <-> English Dictionary Server Im using that dictionary btw.

Registered
    Jun 2006

Yeah, but still...Nomura did say that it means sea. XD;; 'Sides, not all those dictionaries may be accurate~

~Mega

V.A.T.13

Quote Originally Posted by .:Mega:. View Post
    Yeah, but still...Nomura did say that it means sea. XD;; 'Sides, not all those dictionaries may be accurate~

~Mega
    I dont mean any bashing but
    Online English to Japanese to English Dictionary <--- this dictionary says the same thing
    And the one Im holding in my hand says the same also. ^^;

I mean, I already knew that the whole land, sea, sky thing, but a word can mean more than one thing.
    Like Ame can mean rain or sky or candy. xD
    Last edited by V.A.T.13; May 14, 2007 at 07:33 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2006

Nomura said what it meant, he never dismissed anything else though.

V.A.T.13

*sigh* I kinda wish Kairi would have a darker side. I would LOVE her if she had an anti-form. ( but, alas, shes a princess of heart >_>; ) That whole holy-im-perfect thing is getting in the way of me liking her more. I hope to god in the next game she has more personality than just a mary-sue. D: She has SUCH a pretty character design! >< ( 2nd game anyway. ) KH needs more girls like Larxene. Now SHE was awesome. I'd go yuri for her. XD

Heartless
    Registered
    May 2007

Interesting. Not sure it will have it means anything, but it gives us something to think about.

Musically Promiscuous O a t h keeper's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2007

Riku's Keyblade is not the Keyblade of Twilight its a Keyblade from the realm of Light.

And although seperation is a meaning of Kairi, I beleive the intended translation is sea. Of course, it could have a hidden, meaning.

V.A.T.13

Quote Originally Posted by O a t h keeper View Post
    Riku's Keyblade is not the Keyblade of Twilight its a Keyblade from the realm of Light.

And although seperation is a meaning of Kairi, I beleive the intended translation is sea. Of course, it could have a hidden, meaning.
    Its already been said that Dawn is the keyblade of the inbetween world. neither light nor dark.

Registered
    Apr 2007

Nomura said that Riku's Keyblade is from the Realm of Light in the Another Report book.

Registered
    Apr 2007

Sora=Sky
    Kiari=Sea
    Riku=Earth (you can include sand, because sand is apart of the earth)

The three S's ^^

Registered
    Apr 2007

Riku is actually more properly land, I beleive. At least I think that's what is intended. Not a big difference, but worth mentioning, I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast