Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Default Re: KHI DRUNK THREAD

I'm a social drinker. I don't drink at home.

Registered
    Nov 2013
    Final Fantasy: XII, Overwatch

That is such bullshit. :c I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Nobody should ever force alcohol on somebody who doesn't want to drink. There is just no excuse. I think in some ways I understand that people may want another person to lighten up in a situation, but I think it really only works with a group of friends or family or family friends where you can feel safe and explore drinking without pressure.
    Yeah, I don`t have many good memories about that party. I think what was worse was the looks some folks gave to me. I don`t got to parties often and I guess some folks were a bit surprised to see me there. Some of them had a "WTF you are doing here" face on when I walked past them. Of course I am a paranoid person so I might have imagined it.

I am a rather stiff and shy person so I guess I can understand some of the folks wanting me to relax. I can be a funny and dork in a surrounding where I feel safe, but calling me an idiot did not help that all.

Peer pressure like that sucks. I do personally drink, but I think it's reasonable enough for someone else not to.

That being said, I don't think I can stomach babysitting my drunk friends sober. I'm not a fan of drunk people unless I'm also drinking.
    I can stomach my drunk friends to some degree while sober(which I am most of the time). At times it is hilarious to watch as alcohol starts to affect and simple tasks like counting votes comes really complicated. :D

When I started university I found this nice group of friends. They drink but never have pressured me to do it, and I feel safe and relaxed around them. I try to crack jokes most of the time. Dam I`m glad I found this friend group.

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Playing
    Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Dear me last night,

Why would you do this.

Sincerely,

Brittle me as of this moment.

Registered
    Jul 2009

edit: t ypical me
    Last edited by Recon; April 21, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2015
    Dark souls 3, FF15

Since starting a PhD I have learned that drinking is a great way to punish yourself for not doing enough work.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678