Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Default Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT - Master Your Fate January 30 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    I’d rather the last X rep be Yuna (more women, plus Jecht is a villain).

I really want Ardyn, but will not complain if it is Cid Raines. He is the only ‘villain’ to get a player icon in the store, IIRC.

Gabranth is a no as a XII rep, but are there any other XII villains that could potentially take his place? I also have never played XI or XIV so I’m not sure what male villains are in those games.
    Tidus, Jecht, Yuna and Seymour. Nothing's stopping them from including them all :P
    *gets greedy*

Honestly, while it does seem more likely that we'll get Yuna instead of Prishe... I'm thinking what if Team Ninja feels like Yuna is too difficult to implement in this game, or they want to save her play style for let's say Garnet instead? Granted, you're probably right. Chances are we'll get Yuna and she'll be the final FFX rep. But if for some reason that returning female character turns out to be Prishe, we're totally getting Seymour instead, I think.

Meh. Cid Raines is boring af. Caius is clearly the only good villain from the FFXIII trilogy (and the best in the series, imo). But Square Enix Japan has a hard on for Cid Raines. He's been the antagonist rep for FFXIII in other games like Theatrhythm, despite being relevant for like 5 minutes in the game he's from. Even Barthandelus would have been a more interesting pick.

You're missing out by not playing FFXIV! Anyway, it'll be either Gaius (villain of ARR) or Zenos (villain of SB). But I'd prefer a mysterious Ascian whose identity would remain unknown since Ascians are a constant threat to Eorzea throughout all of the game, not just a single story arc. They remind me a bit of Organization XIII. Most of them are threatening, but there are some jokesters among their ranks similar to Demyx.

Also, as for the FFXII rep... since it's not gonna be Gabranth I want it to be Ashe or Balthier. I don't care about Vayne and certainly not Fran (she'd just be there for the fan service). Ashe is clearly the lead of the FFXII story, and the game needs more female protagonists.

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit: Become Human, Dissidia Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Re:Magnus View Post
    Tidus, Jecht, Yuna and Seymour. Nothing's stopping them from including them all :P
    *gets greedy*
    Well, I believe they have said that any series that has three characters representing that game will not get a fourth for a while, which is fair enough since we all want each game to have an equal amount of characters.

FF I - can have one more rep.

FF II - can have one more rep.

FF III - can have one more rep.

FF IV - can not have any more reps.

FF V - can have one more rep.

FF VI - can have one more rep.

FF VII - can have one more rep.

FF VIII - can have one more rep.

FF IX - can have one more rep.

FFX - can have one more rep.

FF XI - can have two more reps.

FF XII - can have two more reps.

FF XIII - can have two more reps.

FF XIV - can have two more reps.

FF XV - can have two more reps.

FF Tactics - can have two more reps.

FF Type-0 - can have two more reps.

It makes sense that this season pass is more focused on bringing in characters from games VIII - XV. The majority of them only have one representative each and need to boost the numbers up.

It's hard to figure out who they will be though, everyone on the dev team wants different characters. Nomura wants Minwu from FF II. Ichiro Hazama and Takeo Kujiraoka want Umaro from FF VI, Auron from FF X, and Aranea Highwind from FF XV. Kujiraoka also is interested in Rinoa Heartilly and Angelo from FF VIII, as well as Noel from XIII-2.

We know, from Hazama, that Beatrix is "impossible" to be added any time soon for some reason. Meanwhile the Japanese voice actor for Zach has approached them and asked for a role in the game.

FF XIV producer Naoki Yoshida has approved Nael van Darnus, Alphinaud Leveilleur, and Zenos yae Galvus as potential candidates, and various characters have been referenced in supplementary information (Locke and Auron specifically).

Honestly, while it does seem more likely that we'll get Yuna instead of Prishe... I'm thinking what if Team Ninja feels like Yuna is too difficult to implement in this game, or they want to save her play style for let's say Garnet instead? Granted, you're probably right. Chances are we'll get Yuna and she'll be the final FFX rep. But if for some reason that returning female character turns out to be Prishe, we're totally getting Seymour instead, I think.
    Yuna and Gabranth need to have changes done to how their attacks are used, but Yuna is easier if they adapt her as a magic user like the other girls, or have her be able to change dress spheres like other characters change classes (so Gunner and other stuff). I think that is much easier to implement than Gabranth's changes.

Meh. Cid Raines is boring af. Caius is clearly the only good villain from the FFXIII trilogy (and the best in the series, imo). But Square Enix Japan has a hard on for Cid Raines. He's been the antagonist rep for FFXIII in other games like Theatrhythm, despite being relevant for like 5 minutes in the game he's from. Even Barthandelus would have been a more interesting pick.
    Oracle Spockanort brought this up to me before, but Caius may be unlikely since he's voiced by Liam O'Brien who is already voicing Kain Highwind. It's why I don't think Edgar from FFVI will be used, because he is also voiced by Ray Chase.

Of course that is just the English voice cast problem but this is why the voice director for Final Fantasy prefers to get different people in to voice the characters instead of reusing main voices for other main characters.

Cid Raines also has an icon in the shop, something other villains do not have. It's suspicious that he is the one to get an icon, especially when Final Fantasy XV didn't even get any icons that weren't Noctis (I believe this may be Nomura's doing). It's a disjointed thought process but it was decided to not put in three main important characters from XV as player icons, but the man who was barely a villain in the first XIII game got one is suspicious behaviour in my eyes.

You're missing out by not playing FFXIV! Anyway, it'll be either Gaius (villain of ARR) or Zenos (villain of SB). But I'd prefer a mysterious Ascian whose identity would remain unknown since Ascians are a constant threat to Eorzea throughout all of the game, not just a single story arc. They remind me a bit of Organization XIII. Most of them are threatening, but there are some jokesters among their ranks similar to Demyx.
    That's what everyone who plays XIV says, but I'm fine without it. I've tried it multiple times but it really just isn't for me. I don't like having to rely on others to defeat enemies and clear dungeons, and I don't like the pressure they put onto me to be 100% amazing at the game all the time.

Also, as for the FFXII rep... since it's not gonna be Gabranth I want it to be Ashe or Balthier. I don't care about Vayne and certainly not Fran (she'd just be there for the fan service). Ashe is clearly the lead of the FFXII story, and the game needs more female protagonists.
    I want Balthier because I want to see how someone with a gun would play in this Dissidia environment. Would a gun in this game be too far considering the discussions happening in the US, despite this game having people slash each other with swords? Fran would be neat because she would be like a long ranger user but with a bow and arrow, which is pretty unique. Ashe, I feel, would be a copy and paste of other characters with swords, like Lightning and Warrior of Light.
    Last edited by Chaser; March 13, 2018 at 07:17 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2009

I'm thinking Yuna or Rem. I'm thinking they'll use candidates from Opera Omnia. Just a guess..

Registered
    Feb 2008

It’s Vayne from FFXII. I’m okay with this but I really wish it were Ardyn.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Vayne?
    Well duuh, that's a surprise for sure, especially when thinking about this being the first time a new character for a FF title is introduced before all returning characters of that title are back.

His fighting style is also interesting, I'm tempted to play the video without sound and then simultaneously play Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting" song over it, lol.

*fangirls mathematically* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

*faints before his handsomeness*

I was not expecting this! I frigging love Vayne so I'm super excited to see XII's main antagonist actually make it in.

Registered
    Nov 2009

Well, I believe they have said that any series that has three characters representing that game will not get a fourth for a while, which is fair enough since we all want each game to have an equal amount of characters.
    Iirc the explanation for this was in regards to why they aren't allowing Zack in the game at the moment, because VII already has 3 existing reps when you include Tifa. So V, VII, VIII and X wouldn't be getting any new characters until they even out the roster.
    Last edited by Sign; March 13, 2018 at 05:44 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Don't worry, there are two more villain slots from recent games open this season. He'll be one of them, for sure. Guessing the other will be Gaius or Zenos.

(Also, why is there no multi-quote function on this forum? I keep forgetting that if I go back to quote another reply it erases the one I've already written... frustrating...)

Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    *faints before his handsomeness*

I was not expecting this! I frigging love Vayne so I'm super excited to see XII's main antagonist actually make it in.
    Pretty much disagree with everything you said, lol. There goes my dream of having a playable Venat!

Registered
    Nov 2009

(Also, why is there no multi-quote function on this forum? I keep forgetting that if I go back to quote another reply it erases the one I've already written... frustrating...)
    Because we can't have nice things ;-;

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

*sigh* well there goes what I said bout hype :P

For real tho, I'm not mad or anything, I just have never cared about Vayne at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    Iirc the explanation for this was in regards to why they aren't allowing Zack in the game at the moment, because VII already has 3 existing reps when you include Tifa. So V, VII, VIII and X wouldn't be getting any new characters until they even out the roster.

Are they really gonna do 3 for every game tho? Like I dunno, I guess I'm using Smash Bros logic but I thought maybe the not main games or less popular ones would get a few less characters. Maybe all at least would get 2 this time, that would make me happy.

But I dunno, I can sort of think of 1 or 2 characters who could be cool for pretty much every game here so its not like I'd complain if they truly try to even it out.
    Last edited by Sora2016; March 13, 2018 at 07:07 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    Are they really gonna do 3 for every game tho? Like I dunno, I guess I'm using Smash Bros logic but I thought maybe the not main games or less popular ones would get a few less characters. Maybe all at least would get 2 this time, that would make me happy.

But I dunno, I can sort of think of 1 or 2 characters who could be cool for pretty much every game here so its not like I'd complain if they truly try to even it out.
    I don't think they'll be capped at 3 characters per game; like you said the less popular ones may have fewer representatives. But when speaking of their priorities, they've said they want to:

1. Add reps to games with only 1 character
    2. Add missing veterans
    3. Add characters who are popular and/or have a unique playstyle

Adding more characters from games that are already well-represented would certainly be counterproductive. But if I had to guess, I'd say VII may be the exception to the rule because it's VII.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

The forum has a multi-quote function, I'm using it all the time. ;P
    The small button right beside "Reply with quote" is the multi-quote button.
    Click all the posts you want to quote, the little + besides the speech bubble becomes a check mark.
    Then scroll down all the way to the bottom of the thread and click the "Reply to thread"-button on the left side.

All checked posts should then appear as quotes in the Reply window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    Because we can't have nice things ;-;
    Eh?
    But we have a multi-quote function?

For real tho, I'm not mad or anything, I just have never cared about Vayne at all.

He has an interesting play style though and strictly spoken he's also not the typical main FF villain as he's neither crazy and bent on destroying the world nor an evil overlord who wants to rule the whole world for his personal greed and power.

If they speak about evening out the roster that would mean indeed to have the same amount of characters for every included game (meaning also Type-0 and Tactics) before they start to add a fourth representative to any game.

I don't know much about Tactics, but Type-0 certainly has enough potentially interesting candidates to include, not to mention there being still six characters from the original roster missing.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    The forum has a multi-quote function, I'm using it all the time. ;P
    The small button right beside "Reply with quote" is the multi-quote button.
    Click all the posts you want to quote, the little + besides the speech bubble becomes a check mark.
    Then scroll down all the way to the bottom of the thread and click the "Reply to thread"-button on the left side.

All checked posts should then appear as quotes in the Reply window.

Eh?
    But we have a multi-quote function?

He has an interesting play style though and strictly spoken he's also not the typical main FF villain as he's neither crazy and bent on destroying the world nor an evil overlord who wants to rule the whole world for his personal greed and power.

If they speak about evening out the roster that would mean indeed to have the same amount of characters for every included game (meaning also Type-0 and Tactics) before they start to add a fourth representative to any game.

I don't know much about Tactics, but Type-0 certainly has enough potentially interesting candidates to include, not to mention there being still six characters from the original roster missing.
    See I never knew what that + was for ever lol.

As for Vayne, yea he is different than many villains which I am fine with.

I mean, I guess I just think them saying evening out the roster is sort of vague at this time ha. I would like more Type-0 and Tactics people, but I guess I could see them throwing in a villain for each and being done? Idk. At least we are getting stages for them now ha.

Registered
    Nov 2009

See I never knew what that + was for ever lol.
    Same, never used it.

As for Vayne, yea he is different than many villains which I am fine with.

I mean, I guess I just think them saying evening out the roster is sort of vague at this time ha. I would like more Type-0 and Tactics people, but I guess I could see them throwing in a villain for each and being done? Idk. At least we are getting stages for them now ha.
    Delita is probably going to be the second Tactics rep since he's one of Kujiraoka's favorites and he and Nomura are the ones who decide what characters make it into the game. Type-0, although it has a large cast of characters, doesn't really have a fighter than can fit in the villain role? Like Cid transforms into a giant monster, Qatar only fights in his mech... I'd guess they'd just throw Machina in that role but if it ends up being a non-villain in Rem, I'm gonna be so salty.

Registered
    Feb 2008

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast