Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Registered
    May 2006
    GTA V, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster, Pikmin 2, Animal Crossing: City Folk

Default I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____ , and here's why:

Okay, so I had come across this idea while playing XII the other day, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. The question is, is there a bad Final Fantasy game???

I've played IV, VII, IX, X, X-2, and XII. Through all of these though, I personally haven't found a single one that had been bad (graphic differences aside). I know some will disagree, most with how overrated X apparently was, yet I still thought it was an amazing game.

But, I digress. So, does anyone think any of them were just not good? If not, then Final Fantasy has got to be the most consistently great series of games ever! Lol, feedback?

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Default re: I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____, and here's why:

While I enjoy X-2 and enjoy playing it, it is a bad game in terms of plot and character development.
    I've only played VII, Crisis Core, X, X-2 and XII so my answer isn't as wide and varied as others would be

Registered
    Aug 2008
    with guns, fire, and scissors

to be honest, they are all good games on their own. Every time someone wants to knock down an FF game, it's usually being done when putting it in comparison to the others.

need some more candy cane Silverslide's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010

I thought XIII was bad but people don't agree with me.

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    While I enjoy X-2 and enjoy playing it, it is a bad game in terms of plot and character development.
    I admit, I liked the battle system. I personally think this is the ATB system at its best. Not that XIII didn't do a good job, too.

If people looked at these new FFs as games all their own instead of entries in the FF series, they'd probably appreciate them more. I personally think XIII is being wrongly mistreated, but everyone has their own opinion, of course.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XIV

I don't call anything bad lightly, as there's usually some redeeming feature. So no. But then thats true of most games.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

The only bad FF game is FFXIV only because it shouldn't have existed so soon.

Registered
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    The only bad FF game is FFXIV only because it shouldn't have existed so soon.
    Pretty much.

You know its bad when Square( who have said the don't pay attention to reviews) fired the entire team after XIV got entirely negative reviews.

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by rokudamia2 View Post
    Pretty much.

You know its bad when Square( who have said the don't pay attention to reviews) fired the entire team after XIV got entirely negative reviews.
    Ironic, that. They could at least use the feedback as pointers.

AGITO
    Registered
    Jun 2008

Final Fantasy X, overrated? What're you talking about? The only overrated title in the series is Final Fantasy VII, then there comes Final Fantasy V which is underrated. But anyhow, just as how people said, if comparing Final Fantasy titles, you'll gonna hate some things. "This made this game great, that game doesn't have it, it sucks." or "This game is linear, the other had a lot of optional stuff.", really, it's Final Fantasy, the formula is to incorporate new elements to each game. Comparing I to X and XI to XIV, whoever was/were in the development team for both group knew how to incorporate new elements and make the game feel like Final Fantasy.

ashes to ashes, funk to funky Hamster Lord's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by rokudamia2 View Post
    Pretty much.

they should've fired wada. it would've been better this year, but no! he needs more money!

mo money mo problems wada

Registered
    Jan 2005

In my opinion: no. There are some pretty mediocre spinoffs though. In terms of Final Fantasy XIV, I'm going to wait until a certain time until I reserve final judgment. It was released unfinished, so when they take it in the direction they want to take it, I'll accept it on those terms. The "bad" ones are only people's inflated expectations weighed against whatever title they've deified as their favorite.

Also I'm probably the only one here who played FFXIV anyhow. There are a lot of problems, but it's not nearly as bad as mainstream reviews point out.

Registered
    May 2007

Most FF games are relatively polished and can be appreciated on their own for the most part. For example: if you're not expecting XIII to be heavy on exploration, you can enjoy it as a fun little visual-novel with combat.

Bronze Member
    Registered
    Aug 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Wehrmacht View Post
    you can enjoy it as a fun little visual-novel with combat.
    This is my approach to all Final Fantasy games.

I love the series, and in my opinion, there is no 'bad' Final Fantasy; they certainly vary in quality, but none are what I consider bad.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Aug 2007

Most of them are actually pretty good and the spinoffs can be average to good but never bad. Yes, even to my surprise the Chocobo Dungeon was fun and challenging with a very odd storyline.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast