Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Thread: "World Order"

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

Default "World Order"

In previous games, Donald uses his magic to change the form of the party to "protect world order" (like in Halloween Town and Atlantica). So in Dream Drop Distance, when Sora/Riku goes to The Grid, they change form similar to how Sora did in Space Paranoids, but Donald isn't there with either of them, so what gives?

Registered
    Nov 2014
    Default Re: "World Order"

Probably just Yen Sid's magic, as he also gave Sora and Riku their new clothes

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Also worth noting that this is just a property of the Grid, once Sam and Kevin Flynn are sucked into the world, their outfits become programmy too

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Gotta agree with Dandelion here, the neon-suits seem to be an automatic property of entering the specific world rather than any "magic" done by a specific person.
    Unlike i.e. in Pride Lands or Atlantica, in The Grid or Space Paranoids the weapons change form as well.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

All of the above is true, but remember the Keyblade in Halloween Town do count as "different forms", therefore that's kind of a mixed aspect.

Registered
    May 2017
    KH 1.5+2.5 (and trudging through it)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    All of the above is true, but remember the Keyblade in Halloween Town do count as "different forms", therefore that's kind of a mixed aspect.
    ^this
    It's crucial for SDG to change their forms, but sometimes the worlds just do it themselves, possibly to preserve the world border.

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Gotta agree with Dandelion here, the neon-suits seem to be an automatic property of entering the specific world rather than any "magic" done by a specific person.
    Unlike i.e. in Pride Lands or Atlantica, in The Grid or Space Paranoids the weapons change form as well.
    But then how did Pete turn into a lion for The Pride Lands? Unless that's just a property of that world?

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    But then how did Pete turn into a lion for The Pride Lands? Unless that's just a property of that world?
    You're telling me you find it unlikely that Pete, under Maleficent's employ, didn't have the resources -perhaps even through the witch herself, to change form?

Registered
    Jul 2017
    with darkness

I always assumed that some worlds make people from other worlds change form when they enter it to protect that world order, so they're able to blend in somewhat.

Organization Member Hakan Xatos's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2014
    Any Kingdom Hearts Game

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ienzo View Post
    I always assumed that some worlds make people from other worlds change form when they enter it to protect that world order, so they're able to blend in somewhat.
    Not necessarily. Others, like the Organization, who don't care about the world order never had to change forms. For example Roxas in Halloween Town, YX and Xemnas in the Grid, and recently YX in the Toy Story trailer.

Registered
    Jul 2017
    with darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Hakan Xatos View Post
    Not necessarily. Others, like the Organization, who don't care about the world order never had to change forms. For example Roxas in Halloween Town, YX and Xemnas in the Grid, and recently YX in the Toy Story trailer.
    Yeah, that's true. I thought that maybe because they had the powers of darkness they were able to maintain their original forms or something.

Keyblade Apprentice DefiantHeart's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2013
    FF XIV Stormblood and Kingdom Hearts Union X.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    You're telling me you find it unlikely that Pete, under Maleficent's employ, didn't have the resources -perhaps even through the witch herself, to change form?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakan Xatos View Post
    Makes you wonder why Pete changed form to begin with. One would think Maleficent and Pete wouldn't care so much about " World Order". Maybe it was to go under cover?

But yeah, I think with Space paranoids, that's just The Grid turning them into programs so they can enter the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ienzo View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I thought that maybe because they had the powers of darkness they were able to maintain their original forms or something.
    That's another good hypothesis though; that worlds naturally change people to fit their concept of life, and that the black coats could serve to fight against this natural phenomenon and keep the wearer in their original form. Honestly, I like that concept more, makes more sense that the world itself is more interested in keeping the order.
    Last edited by DefiantHeart; August 11, 2017 at 11:51 PM.

Livin' Like Larry GronoTRIGGERED's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    The System

You should also take note that Donald didn't change their clothes in the second game either, as he didn't even know there was a world in there, signaling that this is just something that everyone that enters that world is required to wear.