Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    Registered
    Nov 2014
    Default Letting Go [Ch 2]

Last edited by Muke; May 20, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2014
    Default Re: Letting Go

Prologue
    : The Escape

Finally, the handcuffs were off! Michelle looked up in fear… was he actually asleep? "Okay, Michelle, stay calm… stay calm..." She looked around and slowly took a brick. "Do I… do I do it? Should I just run? But what if he catches up? I hope it hurts!" She hit him. Again. Again and again. She enjoyed his cries. "This is payback … payback for what you have done to me. Payback for the countless times you've hurt me … payback for leaving me here to die of thirst and hunger ..."

She took the keys that were inside his pocket and immediately tried open the door with her clumsy, shaky hands... and… finally! She ran outside and locked the door.

Was she actually outside? After weeks and weeks of being captured in that small cell. Tears were running down her cheeks. "I made it… I'm finally free!"
    "FIRE! Is anybody there?! FIRE!!", she yelled as loud as she could, knowing that people would much rather help if there was fire instead of a kidnap.

She started running.
    Michelle was racing through the forest as fast as she could. She wasn't going to let herself get captured again! This burning in the lungs … was it ever going to stop?

"MICHELLE!"
    Shit.
    What hurt more? The countless branches snapping into her face or the echoing sound of his footsteps? Where was he?! Suddenly, a bullet had pierced through her skin. Where did he get the rifle from?!
    "How the hell do I get out of here?!"

She hid. Hopefully, he wouldn't spot her here … should she search for another place to hide?

What was this warmth behind her? She could smell his aftershave. This smell ... all the nightmares it has caused her. Is this ... his breath? Is he behind me?!

She fearlessly looked into his eyes.
    "Surprise.", he whispered as he aimed at her with his rifle. Her heart wouldn't stop pounding faster and faster with each second.
    "Now, do you come back voluntarily or do I have to hurt you first?"
    In a sudden act of rage, Michelle hit the rifle out of his hand, hit him with it, and threw it deep into the forest.

After minutes and minutes of running, she finally made it out of the woods, with him close behind her. She wouldn't stop running, when suddenly…
    dead end. As she stopped, she realized they were on a cliff and surrounded by ocean underneath.
    Shit. She looked down--
    "When will you realize? You don't have a chance. You better come back now, to where you belong. Come, my dearly beloved."

She looked at him, slowly backing away from him.
    "You can't escape me."

Michelle slowly spread out her shaking arms. She smiled… why did she smile? Why?
    She let go of everything and let herself fall.
    Last edited by Muke; May 18, 2017 at 07:26 PM.

Registered
    Apr 2016
    Skate 3, aka "Button Smashing and It Somehow Looks Cool 101"

Oh my...
    I was already feeling the rush, the tense feeling like I was Michelle. That gave me chills! :D
    Wonderful prologue Muke, the story has got me interested so far. So many questions.
    Like, who is that guy? Why did he kidnap her? Is he a murderer or something worse? How long has she been kidnapped?
    Oooh, so many questions! I can't wait to find out!

The Goofy One
    Registered
    Sep 2010

This was exciting! Talk about a thrill when it comes to trying to escape your captive! I do wonder if this is the beginning or the end of the story? Since sometimes movies do that with the ending in the beginning with a series of flashbacks leading up to it. BUT damn, this guy cannot stay down after being hit with a rifle and fists. (Probably cause Michelle is weak due to starvation and deyhdration.) Anyways, I can't see what comes next!

Also if you don't mind, could you please put at the top 'M for Mature' because, it's a bit violent? :3 It'd be much appreciated if so!

Registered
    Nov 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Howler View Post
    Oh my...
    I was already feeling the rush, the tense feeling like I was Michelle. That gave me chills! :D
    Wonderful prologue Muke, the story has got me interested so far. So many questions.
    Like, who is that guy? Why did he kidnap her? Is he a murderer or something worse? How long has she been kidnapped?
    Oooh, so many questions! I can't wait to find out!
    I'm glad you got so excited while reading, because that was exactly what I was trying to accomplish! :D
    Don't worry, those questions will all be answered! I'm glad you enjoyed. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder View Post
    This was exciting! Talk about a thrill when it comes to trying to escape your captive! I do wonder if this is the beginning or the end of the story? Since sometimes movies do that with the ending in the beginning with a series of flashbacks leading up to it. BUT damn, this guy cannot stay down after being hit with a rifle and fists. (Probably cause Michelle is weak due to starvation and deyhdration.) Anyways, I can't see what comes next!

Also if you don't mind, could you please put at the top 'M for Mature' because, it's a bit violent? :3 It'd be much appreciated if so!
    It's the beginning. :D I will explain everything though, I have some things planned. :3 Yeah, Michelle being weak is also a factor, but it is true that he has high pain tolerance.
    I'm glad you liked it!

Sure, I can do that!
    Last edited by Muke; May 19, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

Registered
    Nov 2014

Chapter 1: Decisions

"Michelle… I just came back from college, my best friend. Do you remember when you told me to keep listening closely in class so I don't miss out? I went there for you today. It was so hard to keep myself from crying…", the girl, Melanie, who sat next to Michelle's grave sobbed. She wiped away her tears and looked at the sky, breathing the fresh air in.

Michelle, Melanie, Jodie, and Sunny weren't only roommates, but they've been friends since forever. And nothing was going to separate them.

"It's been over three weeks now. We didn't see her for five weeks before she died, so this makes eight… I still can't believe she died because of C-"
    "Shut up. That asshole will get his punishment yet.", Sunny interrupted Jodie.
    Jodie looked at Sunny and was getting angrier with each second.
    "Why haven't we told the police already?! Not only has he committed murder once, back when he killed Michelle's mother, he also kidnapped her and tried to rape her multiple times! We should have told the police a long time ago!", Jodie sipped her tea.
    "I don't want him to rot in jail. If I don't kill him with my own hands, I will never be satisfied. That jerk deserves to die."
    "Have you lost your mind? This is not up to us, it's up to the police. Revenge is never the way, Sunny."
    "I've been planning this for weeks now. I have everything prepared and now exactly what to do. If you don't want to kill that guy, then that's fine, you can stay here while Melanie and I do it."

Exactly that moment, Melanie opened the door and went straight to the bathroom to wash her face. Then, she returned to her friends.
    "I visited Michelle."
    Silence.
    Sunny looked at the ground and didn't know how to tell Melanie about her plan. She knew that Melanie was the saddest of the trio.
    "Melanie, see… I want to take revenge on Cameron."
    "I'm in.", Melanie balled her fist.
    "She didn't even tell you about her outstanding plan.", Jodie snarked
    "It doesn't matter, I'll do whatever it takes if it means to avenge Michelle's death."
    "Would you kill someone?", Sunny looked her into the eyes. Melanie was confused. Kill someone? Why would they kill anybody? Even if it was Cameron... did he deserve to die? Melanie looked at the ground, thinking deeply. Wouldn't death be a reward for him? He shouldn't die, he should hurt. Just like he hurt Melanie and her friends. Melanie sighed.
    "Tell me about your plan first."

"Our goal is to kill him. To do that, we will need a car, a gun with a silencer, some ropes, and your boxing talent. I got a gun myself, ropes are easy to get. We can also just use our own car. You've taken boxing lessons and are a pro now, I'm sure you know ways to knock someone unconscious. Well, after you knock him out, we'll get him into the trunk and bind him up. Then, we will drive into the woods that's, like, 5 miles away -- nobody ever goes there, so that's a perfect place for us to shoot him at night."
    "That is so stupid.", Jodie snarked again, being completely against this whole plan.
    Melanie sighed and didn't respond, instead, she thought everything through.
    "I mean, that's fine and dandy, but--"
    "Possessing a silencer without the proper documentation, which you do not have, can result in a ten-year sentence. Just shooting someone would probably result in five years or more, so maybe you guys shouldn't use a silencer.", Jodie interrupted Melanie, being semi-serious.
    "Aside with the jokes, we aren't criminals. We're not going to do this.", she then added.
    "You can stay out of this if you're afraid, I don't care."
    "How are we even going to find out where the hell Cameron is? He's hiding somewhere, we know that, but where?", Melanie wondered.
    "Probably still at the same place where he kept Michelle captive… which isn't helping, since we don't know where that is. Actually, what if it's somewhere at the cliff where Michelle's body was found?"
    "Well, fine, Sunny, but we don't know where that is, either."
    "I mean, there only is one cliff in this area, and it's about 7 miles or so away.", Jodie spoke.
    "Interesting… let's look into that later today."

Registered
    Apr 2016

Aw, it's sad Michelle had such really close friends.
    So, his name is Cameron. Yep, already fits the enemy type. I just hope Michelle's friends don't get in too much trouble, or have any of them kidnapped.
    Man, you would think they would tell the police about Michelle's mother, but I guess it was their decision not to.
    Such a sad chapter, yet it's really good. You get a view of each character's personality which I do enjoy a lot.
    Can't wait for what's next! :D

Registered
    Nov 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Howler View Post
    Aw, it's sad Michelle had such really close friends.
    So, his name is Cameron. Yep, already fits the enemy type. I just hope Michelle's friends don't get in too much trouble, or have any of them kidnapped.
    Man, you would think they would tell the police about Michelle's mother, but I guess it was their decision not to.
    Such a sad chapter, yet it's really good. You get a view of each character's personality which I do enjoy a lot.
    Can't wait for what's next! :D
    yeeh, this was a looot of dialogue. Don't you worry, everything (like why they havent told the police about her mother) will be explained in future chapters, since those reasons do have plot relevance. you'll learn more and more with each new one. :3

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I surely can't wait to post more! xD

Registered
    Nov 2014
    Default Re: Letting Go [Ch 2]

Chapter 2: Act!

The three friends drove to the woods they were talking about. It was a strange atmosphere for sure - someone had tried to shoot another person. There were bullet holes all over the trees. Branches had been torn off. As the kept getting deeper and deeper into the forest, they found a rifle on the floor.
    "That's…"
    "It's a Tikka T3x", Sunny said while she picked the rifle up, "wow."
    "Give that to me", Jodie said as she took it, "I'm gonna put this into the car so you guys don't spontaneously decide to murder me.", she remarked sarcastically and went away.

Sunny and Melanie went deeper into the forest, still searching for a place where Cameron could hide. After some minutes past, they finally found a wood cottage! They entered and looked around. Pictures of Michelle, cut out and pasted onto Cameron's pictures were hanging everywhere. The whole cottage consisted of this one room. Handcuffs were also lying on the floor, together with a heart-shaped necklace -- Michelle's necklace! Melanie immediately picked it up and put it on.
    "It belongs to Michelle!", Sunny cried out.
    "I gave her this necklace when we were little… she wouldn't have left it, no matter what! Something must've happened!", Michelle said.
    Then, she came to a realization.
    "Sunny! Those bullet holes in the trees, that rifle, the branches -- Michelle must've managed to escape, then he followed her into the woods and to the cliff!"
    "Nice observation.", they heard a masculine voice.
    Melanie and Sunny turned around in shock: Cameron has been standing behind them this whole time, waiting for an opportunity to reveal himself. He pointed a gun at them.
    "You asshole!", Sunny yelled, backing away.
    Cameron lunged at Sunny. Melanie instantly jumped in front of her and delivered a sharp kick to his knee. He grunted and fell against the damaged door, falling outside. He scrambled up, rubbing his arm, eyes full of hate. As Melanie tried to deliver a vertical, rising punch, Cameron moved his head beneath it. As her punch arrived, shifted his body left. He overpowered her by firmly gripping her hand and rotating her arm. He brought her to her knees and made sure she wasn't able to move, holding her hostage and aiming a gun directly at her head and looking Sunny dead in the eyes.

"No, don't!!", Sunny yelled as tears were slowly building up.
    "You fucking fools! Did you think one girl would be able to beat me?! It doesn't matter", he said, pressing the gun harder against Melanie's head with each second, "I can't allow you guys reporting to the police, so this is where your tale ends. Buh-bye!"
    "STOP!", someone yelled from behind them.
    Jodie was standing there, armed with the rifle, aiming at Cameron.
    "Jodie, no, don't!", Sunny yelled.
    "Make no mistake you fool, or else this bunny's gonna get shot!"

Jodie was shaking. With sweaty hands, she tried to figure out how to even use a rifle. What was she going to do? Should she hit him? Shoot him? And shoot him where? Somewhere that isn't dangerous? Or somewhere that'll outright kill him? Should she act on instinct??
    "Stay calm… stay calm and rational…", she thought to herself and took a deep breath.

She thought everything through… she remembered, from back when her grandpa teached her a lot of things about guns, that there is one place to aim at to completely deprive a target of their physical abilities in the blink of an eye. The brainstem. For all places except that, even if the bullet were to pierce the target's, heart, they would still be able to continue fighting for about 10 seconds, during which the target could shoot another person.
    "I just have to aim at the tip of his nose...", she realized. But was she able to do that? Could she really take someone out? She had to act fast.

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!", Cameron was about to shoot Melanie off, when Jodie pulled the trigger.
    He fell.
    Blood splattered all over Melanie and Jodie.
    "JODIE!"
    Jodie's eyes widened. She let the rifle fall. "I… I… I killed someone… someone died because of me… no, no, no, no!!", she cried.
    "Jodie, shut up, we have to run!", Sunny dragged Jodie off, with Melanie following them closely behind.
    "Fuck! Shit!", Sunny yelled, as the three of them were running out of the woods and to their car..
    Last edited by Muke; May 20, 2017 at 06:47 PM.

Registered
    Apr 2016

Oh geez, to be able to do that would be traumatizing, I would have freaked out too.
    I think if I would have saw the pictures that they did, I would have already been out of that place in a second haha.
    I hate to say it, but he had to go down or else he could have killed Sunny.
    I don't wish death on people, but there was a choice there, and something had to be done.
    This was a tight chapter I must say.

Registered
    Nov 2014

I'm glad you liked this chapter lool. Also, we'll delve into that trauma soon ;)

The Goofy One
    Registered
    Sep 2010

They went looking for trouble and found it. They should've stuck to calling the police instead of acting on revenge. I feel bad for Jodie, cause I don't believe she wanted to do it. BUT she could say she did it out of self defense or something like that. Possibly get off lightly. However, she ran away with Melanie and Sunny. Which won't look good unless they report it. Either way, I'm curious how things will go now unless they try to get rid of the evidence themselves by burning it down to the ground. Anyways, this was a really good two chapters. :D Can't wait to see what's next!