Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Thread: In Progress

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Default In Progress

So, I am wondering if I should upgrade my art supplies. I feel like I am not improving that much. I am also pretty lost on how to improve my work. Anyways, here's my current drawings:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

*makes continuous clicking sounds* Howler's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2016
    TWEWY remix in my dreams

Default Re: In Progress

Those drawings are great Dreaded!
    I should improve my art supplies too, my friends at school are making me jealous with all their materials. ;_;

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Does anyone have any advice of how I can redeem this drawing? I don't know what to mess up with Riku or Sora's skin color. I picture this scene during sunset or something like.

*fangirls mathematically* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

In terms of the sand and smaller details, your current art supplies seem to work good for it, but for the larger stuff you'll probably need upgrade, though I suggest when buying new stuff to only buy a few at first so you can properly test them out to see if they're worth it or feel the need to try something else. That way you won't feel like you've spent a lot for nothing (I'm always on a budget so I have to be very careful when picking new products.)

Seeing how Kairi's skin is, I believe you'll be fine coloring Riku and Sora's skin, but I completely understand your feeling on not wanting mess it up.

As for improvement, suggestions that comes to mind at the moment is to use references if you're not already, and to sketch things out on another piece of paper before doing it for real. Having the idea out can help big time, even if it's a little scribble on some scrap paper.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

I need some advice in regards to shading in lighting. The picture at the bottom is a reference. The character doesn't belong to me, he's named Akio Ohtori from Revolutionary Princess Utena. I don't know if you have heard of it. I want to make the things behind Akio look like stairs along with making everything close to the original reference.
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The one below the Grovyle Deadpool, Raichu Deadpool and Sableye Gambit is a reference to the background. I believe the background is from an X-Men vs Streetfighter game.

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. GronoTRIGGERED's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

I like it! The top one could use some narrowing of the eyes, a tweak on the shoulders so the arms look more connected, and the hair could be made less wild, but it's not bad!