Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Default Birth by Sleep: Jump Festa 2008 Trailer

It's so interesting to see how the game started off as and the journey it went through to be what it ended up becoming.
    Last edited by Alpha Baymax; October 9, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

Registered
    May 2009

Default Re: Birth by Sleep Jump Festa 2008 Trailer

Terra looked visually a lot better.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Digimon World: Next Order, Adventures of Mana, Stories PoD, Dark Cloud

I like the initial scene between Ven and Terra. In general, I like what is shown here - a lot more interaction between the characters instead of everyone going off on his own. What I disliked about BBS is how Aqua was primarily the one who kept up the friendship stuff, it was literally everything she talked about while Ventus started to look for new friends around Disney Town / Coliseum which had a little ring of "the friends I have are bothersome, I want new ones" - I know he didn't mean it that way, but it sounded like that. Terra in the actual BBS was much harsher than shown here, I love the scene where he holds Ventus in his arm and wants to protect him instead of shoving him behind and running towards Xehanort on his own. This trailer shows what the game partly failed to transport: The bond between the three that's supposed to be unbreakable, actual interactions that consist of more than accusing each other, more ... gentleness. It's not that I don't like BBS but I don't think they transported the friendship between the three too well. SRK did a better job on this, you could tell how much Sora cares about his friends right away and also Riku - in his own way of thinking.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Union X

I wish there was a scene like the first one with Ven & Terra in BBS. Was this before Aqua was developed? or is that Aqua's shadow at the end of Destiny Islands?

Registered
    Nov 2014
    "real life" on critical

These scenes only play in other rooms (mainly KH2 rooms) because they probably hadn’t worked or finished any other rooms yet at the time. So they were essentially just placeholders. I still wish BBS was a console game like initially planned though.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

Honestly, I love going into these old videos and lose myself in the comments of that time, seeing what the community thought and felt.
    And all the wrong theories made at the time ("Ven is Roxas!!!!" sure, buddy, sure)

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Digimon World: Next Order, Adventures of Mana, Stories PoD, Dark Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Honestly, I love going into these old videos and lose myself in the comments of that time, seeing what the community thought and felt.
    And all the wrong theories made at the time ("Ven is Roxas!!!!" sure, buddy, sure)
    To be fair, seeing how Nomura is doing these days with time-travel-sleeping-worlds-unchained-realm-no-one-is-who-he-seems I don't consider those theories so farfetched. Taking into account that Young Xehanort is in BBS shows that Nomura did at least consider time travel a possibility back then, even if he might not have it all planned out back then. So ... Ventus being a past version of Roxas wasn't so unlikely, adding the fact that Ventus has Amnesia.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

When seeing all these old stuff and the implications that BBS was initially meant to be something much bigger and longer, I get the vibes that too much was left on the cutting floor again and again.
    Especially considering most of the stuff, as VeeVee pointed out already, of actual interaction between TAV and the actual showcasing of their supposed close bonds instead of leaving it just to a few little flashbacks and report mentioning.

Believe it or not but there are still a few idiots out there who still theorize/believe that even in 2017.

Registered
    Nov 2014
    "real life" on critical

Guys, guys. Let’s be actually fair here. Can you blame anyone for thinking Ventus was Roxas at the time? They look EXACTLY the same (well... except for the eyebrows and the clothing I guess). If I had seen that trailer, it’d be a no-brainer for me that Ventus is somehow a past version of Roxas

I still don’t understand why Nomura didn’t simply give him a different design?

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Union X

I thought so, this seemed much more like a real bond between Ven & Terra in the early works. One could hope that with KH3 they can actually dig deeper into TAV trio and their bond.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

Allow me to clarify: I wasn't flabbergasted at people speculating about the Ven/Roxas conundrum, I witnessed that at the time too.
    I was just... reminiscing about those times, what kind of theories were around that time and why exactly people believed those theories.
    So yeah, it wasn't really me pointing the finger at them but more looking at them in retrospective.

I mean, when I first saw BbS on KH II I thought it was the FUTURE and that was indeed Roxas, so who am I to speak in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Believe it or not but there are still a few idiots out there who still theorize/believe that even in 2017.
    This however, is more... interesting. Have we found the flat-earthers of the community?

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by Muke View Post
    Guys, guys. Let’s be actually fair here. Can you blame anyone for thinking Ventus was Roxas at the time? They look EXACTLY the same (well... except for the eyebrows and the clothing I guess). If I had seen that trailer, it’d be a no-brainer for me that Ventus is somehow a past version of Roxas

I still don’t understand why Nomura didn’t simply give him a different design?
    I wouldn't call it necessarily "blaming" in the first place but rather a sort of shortsightedness, depending on what you infer by "at the time" since it was clarified rather fast (via Nomura himself no less) just a few months after that secret ending hitting the public that this character isn't Roxas.
    If with "back at the time" the period of i.e. a few months after the the original trailer aired (reading: the KH 2 FM one) is meant then yes, it is understandable, but not anymore in 2008 and especially not after BBS actually came out in 2010. Days came out in the meantime and in there Xigbar actually makes several allusions of "him" and makes comparisons to Roxas, not insinuating they're the same.
    It gets even worse the further the timeline moves along as even for those for who ignored the facts and hints in Days and BBS (or went over their heads) Coded and DDD should have got the point across pretty obvious that they're two completely different individuals.

According to the BBS Ultimania Nomura "always knew" that Ventus should look either like Sora or Roxas and he wasn't sure with which one to go at first.
    It was also emphasized even back then (I know because I was already part of the fandom back then, although only observing and not actively participating), that visual similarities may hint towards connections between characters and not of a character actually being another character.

Quote Originally Posted by ImVentus View Post
    I thought so, this seemed much more like a real bond between Ven & Terra in the early works. One could hope that with KH3 they can actually dig deeper into TAV trio and their bond.
    Always provided that KH III even has time to "bother" with TAV and their bonds much considering how they're hyping up all the Chi-baggage and the whole dark doom-prophecy shit.

Allow me to clarify: I wasn't flabbergasted at people speculating about the Ven/Roxas conundrum, I witnessed that at the time too.
    I was just... reminiscing about those times, what kind of theories were around that time and why exactly people believed those theories.
    So yeah, it wasn't really me pointing the finger at them but more looking at them in retrospective.

I mean, when I first saw BbS on KH II I thought it was the FUTURE and that was indeed Roxas, so who am I to speak in that regard?

This however, is more... interesting. Have we found the flat-earthers of the community?
    Heck no, when the original KH 2 FM secret trailer back in 2006 hit it was clearly understandable why some people would think along those lines, especially before it was clarified that these events depicted there are actually in the past.
    When Nomura made a point about stating that all the characters depicted there are new characters though it would have been the latest to wise up that these initial theories don't hold water.

Interesting analogy, lol.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Union X

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Always provided that KH III even has time to "bother" with TAV and their bonds much considering how they're hyping up all the Chi-baggage and the whole dark doom-prophecy shit.
    Yeah that's not very likely at this point, but there is potential if it happens.
    Last edited by ImVentus; October 9, 2017 at 04:48 PM.

Warrior of Light DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    Earthbound. This game understands my profound love for coffee, apparently now

Ah, those videos. The quality is mindblowing.
    "Arigato, Ben"

Seriously now tho how Ven seemed to act in this trailer gave all necessary hints for people to think he's actually Roxas. That calm tone to "Because we're friends" and also the very emo "Erase me", if these are not Roxas-material then I don't know what is

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Not Union Cross. It mkaes me sad now

I love looking at old BbS trailers =u= So much fanfic material. I truly truly TRULY am so disappointed that they put this on the PSP and cut out so much. It hurts to think about.

Also, Aqua was certainly there (after all, she was in the birth by sleep secret ending). I believe that Ven asked Aqua to erase him since that is her shadow (but Terra might've been there too)

When looking at this old stuff, I think it's also pretty parent that Aqua was always going to come last and clean up after the first two probably.

One of the cutest things was Ven looking up at the Castle of Dreams and awe and then turning to Cinderella. What a cinnamon bun. Too bad that was cut/changed too.

Anyway, it's always fun to think about what could have been. There was some interesting stuff going on between Ven and Xehanort in these cutscenes, maybe that stuff is still canon, but it was moved to 11-year-old Ven's life before the events of the game. Time will tell.

Man... just imagine if the PSP had been able to have these three on the screen fighting together for more than one battle. The final confrontation could have played out more like the 1000 heartless battle where we literally get to play and have Terra/Ven/Aqua trading out with one another (depending on who you're playing as of course)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast