Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Default Re: Birth by Sleep Jump Festa 2008 Trailer

honestly my favourite thing is how they dropped the ball on that first scene. in Days Xemnas does the same thing to Roxas (the hand on the shoulder) and it's so clearly meant to be an intentional callback to this moment in BBS except, oops, they forgot to keep it in the final game so now that callback calls to nothing.

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Not Union Cross. It mkaes me sad now

It could also mean whatever plot thread that was leading to no longer matters/isn't applicable.

I mean, we can see a plot thread still there since we sometimes question how much Terra is in Xemnas, Xenmas looking for and clearly remembering/seeing Ven through Roxas, and looking for Ven through all means necessary. But maybe once upon a time, it meant even more.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Muke View Post
    I still don’t understand why Nomura didn’t simply give him a different design?
    Well, seeing as the lore of Nobodies basically state that a person can become whole again, it was always weird as to why Roxas looks nothing like Sora if he was his Nobody. The existence of Ventus solves that. Outside of appearance, the two are seldom alike.

Quote Originally Posted by kirabook View Post
    I love looking at old BbS trailers =u= So much fanfic material. I truly truly TRULY am so disappointed that they put this on the PSP and cut out so much. It hurts to think about.
    From what this trailer is hinting at, Master Xehanort may have been the pupil for Terra/Ventus/Aqua. Imagine that, these three pupils being trained by Xehanort only to turn against him when they realise his plans to re-create the Keyblade War.

And as far as the shift to PSP goes, Japan was in a handheld console phase. Basically, anything from 2006 - 2009 was either forced on the Nintendo DS or PlayStation Portable (before Smartphones cannibalised that market).

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Default Re: Birth by Sleep: Jump Festa 2008 Trailer

^ Xehanort was never supposed to be TAV's master, I'm pretty sure Nomura mentioned Eraqus vaguely in the early days of development.

Registered
    Jul 2017
    darkness within darkness

I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that originally Terra was going to work with/for Maleficent for some reason? Kinda like what Riku did in KH1.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

*sighs* yeah I miss this too, I still also enjoy what we got but it really could have been better, especially with the character's relationships.

Registered
    Jan 2016
    Kh Unchained x, Mobius Final Fantasy

Interesting indeed. You can just see how Nomura splattered these scenes onto the storytelling canvas and mushed it around until he came up with BBS. Ven apparently "rescued" Terra from something, implying he was going to be much more experienced and mature than what he ended up to be. Xehanort's goal also seems to have shifted from a desire to "correct a past mistake" to unlocking kingdom hearts. And was that really Aqua's shadow at the end there? Looks to me they were still developing her character and whatnot. Overall it's a neat look into the past.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCheetos15 View Post
    Interesting indeed. You can just see how Nomura splattered these scenes onto the storytelling canvas and mushed it around until he came up with BBS. Ven apparently "rescued" Terra from something, implying he was going to be much more experienced and mature than what he ended up to be.
    Funny that you mention that, the debut trailer for the original Kingdom Hearts involved Sora being the one who had to be saved.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCheetos15 View Post
    Xehanort's goal also seems to have shifted from a desire to "correct a past mistake" to unlocking kingdom hearts.
    The whole "correcting a past mistake"-part is still in the final product though when Xehanort tells Terra the false version of how Vanitas came to be and implores for his help:
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Xehanort, BBS, Terra's story
    He has no control over the darkness in his heart. The Keyblade is not
    his to bear. He's an abomination beyond hope of salvation. Lend me your
    strength, Terra. Right this wrong that I have wrought.
    It's translated differently but the core meaning is the same.
    Therefore it cannot be insinuated that Xehanort's true goals have "shifted" during the production process as the things shown in the trailers are often without context.

Registered
    Jun 2010

You know, this is the very first time I have ever seen this particular trailer in motion (I seen some of the footage from this one, but I have only ever seen the opening scene in stills). It's kind of amazing how much the game changed from its announcement to the time it released. Some of the character interactions here are really great, and visually its stunning even with the incredibly low and pixelated resolution. It makes me think that the game could have been so much better, at least visually, if it stayed on the PS2 instead of shifting development to the PSP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12