Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Dec 2009
    TO much...

Default Re: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in KH series?

^ Lol Tuch'e..I did just skim your post but Fair enough. I don't feel like arguing and you do raise good points. Alls I'm saying is he's out there now and is known so It's possible he'll be used. That's all. People didn't think alot of stuff that was in KH2 was gonna be there and it was. I'm just gonna agree to disagree till KH3 comes out then I'll apologize or let out my told you so's.

And you didn't adress the other point I made: All the other old character's put in and the fact Disney has a rumor floating around about a CGI movie about Oswald..

Registered
    Dec 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Xenin View Post
    And you didn't adress the other point I made: All the other old character's put in and the fact Disney has a rumor floating around about a CGI movie about Oswald..
    This amuses me so.

But yeah. No one has a clue who Oswald is. I knew who Horis and the other minors were because they HAVE been used in recent Disney films.

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo? kupo1121's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Kingdom Hearts - Street Fighter x Tekken

Not many people have a clue as to who Oswald is (minus big Disney fans or those who happen to research Disney's history), but being in Epic Mickey and even in KH as a guest appearance could spread his name around. Also, I don't know who said this but Oswald is under no circumstances a Mickey ripoff...he was created first, and had he not been taken away by Charles B. Mintz (Trivia fact: the name Charles B. Mintz, who stole the rights to Oswald from the Disney Brother's Cartoon Studio, was re-used as the main villian in Pixar's hit movie "Up") Mickey Mouse would never have been thought of in the first place, but I do like Mickey Mouse better then Oswald :P I could see Oswald joining the villian side in the Disney movies, but something tells me Disney wouldn't want him to stay there, Oswald being the first Disney star they would want him to be good, and that is why in Epic Mickey, he is the hero of the Wasteland, so in a sense he is still a hero. I don't know if he would be a major role in Kingdom Hearts, but if they start to put him in more games, he can, since he warrants a big name (bigger then Goofy's son at least) because he is what put Disney on the map...

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, 3D, The World Ends With You, Ni No Kuni

I think it's possible. I mean if Disney bought the rights back they must have had a good reason for it.

The Superior Lanydx Lanydx reborn's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009

That would be pretty awesome. He's pretty big in Japan and Disney got him back so don't see why not.

Registered
    Apr 2010
    Nada.

I don't see why he couldn't be. It could be something as simple as a picture in the Disney Castle Library, with something like this...

Sora: Who's this guy?
    Mickey: That's Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. He was around a long time ago, before even I was here.

See? Just a little throwaway.

Head Mom In Charge XIII Heartless's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Uncharted series, Smart As..., Dead Nation, FIFA '14

So.......who's Oswald the Lucky Rabbit? Should I be ashamed that I don't know who he is? =/

Organization Member
    Registered
    Aug 2007

I wouldn't mind. I think he would add some depth to Mickey's side of the story. Especially if he aligns with Xehanort and Micket tries to redeem him because he is his brother. Could make for a good side story.

Registered
    Apr 2010
    Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by XIII Heartless View Post
    So.......who's Oswald the Lucky Rabbit? Should I be ashamed that I don't know who he is? =/
    He was basically the original design for a main Disney Character wayyyy back when. Mickey Mouse gained popularity and he was traded to Universal.

Check Wiki :P

Registered
    Feb 2006
    inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Uncharted series, Smart As..., Dead Nation, FIFA '14

So Mickey goes on to become arguably the most loved cartoon of all-time while Oswald needs to be looked up on Wikipedia to have any idea of who he is......why the fuck hasn't he been substituted for Pete already? Nomura could definitely work with that. Hell, I could work with that, and I'm no director.

Registered
    Apr 2010
    Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by XIII Heartless View Post
    So Mickey goes on to become arguably the most loved cartoon of all-time while Oswald needs to be looked up on Wikipedia to have any idea of who he is......why the fuck hasn't he been substituted for Pete already? Nomura could definitely work with that. Hell, I could work with that, and I'm no director.
    Pretty much.

But the thing is, Oswald isn't mean or evil. He's just been forgotten.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Dec 2010
    None

i think it woudl be hard to add oswald the lucky rabbit

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Black Ops, AC: Brotherhood, GTA4, LBP

If they made an epic Mickey world, id probably be like TImeless river where Mickey doesn't know Sora.
    Also if they do add Oswald, They wouldn't add him in KH3. THey would give Hints of him for a KH4 or side game saying hes the new antagonist or something.

I'd be weird to see Oswald with a Keyblade or something.

Registered
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Pretty much.

But the thing is, Oswald isn't mean or evil. He's just been forgotten.
    And that's all that's really needed. He doesn't need to be evil, and he doesn't need to be the comedic-relief that Pete is. He can be an anti-hero of sorts. Maybe he allies himself with Xehanort's ideas because they'll throw him in a better light, but he doesn't necessarily agree with the way Xehanort is going about doing things. He could be like Mickey's Riku. Not saying he's a must-have addition, but I see the potential and I definitely wouldn't be disappointed to see him in a trailer. Only thing is, I doubt he'd show up this late. For his potential to work, it would've been better for him to have been introduced already; if they just throw him in KHIII, his development would be too rushed unless they extend it to whatever games come after KHIII (I'd hate for his sub-plot to carry on beyond the Xehanort Saga). So while I think it's a nice idea, that ship may have sailed. =/

Registered
    Apr 2010
    Nada.

I do think there's a possibility for him to come back, especially with 3D. There's the possibility, with new Disney Worlds, to have him start to show up

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast