• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This place still exists?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I don't know how long I've been gone and I probably won't hang around for too long this time either, but I came across my password on a password paper I have which I'm finally making a new list. I went to see if this place still existed and logged in. I'm so used to Discord nowadays I honestly forgot this place still existed. I think there may had been a Discord server or something, but if there was, I'm pretty sure I left it after KHUX shut down. Discord's honestly one of the primary reasons I'm so rarely on forums nowadays.

Well, that and life, because I'm often busy. I swear this feels like this may be the first two consecutive days off in over a month, but I know it's not quite. It's just there's been quite a few days straight (nine straight at one point) and double shifts (13+ hours) for me. Anyway, hello there. I used to be way more active, but will likely never get to the levels I used to. It's hard enough being active on multiple Discord servers as is anymore.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I like Discord because the instant messages are a good way to get in touch with people more clearly. However, I think forums are better for discussions, but forums are kinda dying out these days.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Forums are preferable to Discord in that small talk, self talk, and off topic conversations will usually run over any specific topic in a discord server, seen it a thousand times. It's a lot easier to get in on an extremely granular topic in a forum

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You also get to know people and build a reputation in forums. If you're a jerk, people remember your name. There's less of that nasty sniping you see in discord or Reddit.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm in a Discord for some games and I can not engage with any of the discussions in there. They either go too fast, or there's a comment limit, and the people are just morons sometimes.

Then there's threads that can only be made by the moderation team, so you can't just ask your question because if you make a thread you get a ban.

I like forums that let you think of a response, have the time to type it out, get into the details of what you're discussing, and having a very easy way to back reference the conversation.

KHI use to have a Mibbit channel, like a precursor to Discord. That was fun but it was a lot less fast paced as Discords are.

Also I feel you, SilverJ-17, about how hectic life is these days and not being able to find time for a lot of things. I don't do the numbers you do, but I often work more than 50 hours a week at my job and it just cuts into my free time. That's why I gave up writing for this site, I just didn't have the time to drop everything when news came in.

I'm glad you're able to make Discord work for you, but KHI will always be here if you need it :)

Back