• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Percy Jackson & The Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm about 3/4 finished with Blood of Olympus and am really enjoying it so far. Can't believe this is really the end. Also I'm excited that Annabeth is related to the main character of The Gods of Asgard I was kind of meh about the Kane Chronicles, but am really looking forward to the God's of Asgard since I like Norse myhtology as much as Greek. I'm curious if this will be the last series or if Rick will try to tackle another mythology after this?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Copped the Blood of Olympus release day, but I'm currently reading book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire, and after that is book 2 of the SYLO chronicles. All of this while I'm in the middle of my senior year of college, so it'll be a minute before I get to it :(

If the Norse books don't reference Marvel's version of the Asgardian gods at least once, I'll be disappointed lol

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
I finished the book last week and am now suffering from withdrawal. I want to reread it but its still too soon. It was a good ending that closed up everyhing now just to wait for that last short story of Egypt and Greece to come out

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
I finished the book last week and am now suffering from withdrawal. I want to reread it but its still too soon. It was a good ending that closed up everyhing now just to wait for that last short story of Egypt and Greece to come out

Percy Jackson: Greek Heroes has been announced so we have that to look forward to as well! But a lot of people are disappoint with the lack of Percy and Annabeth. I adored the book and the ending.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I'm on the part where Reyna, Nico, and Coah Hedge arrive at the Roman settelment near Camp Half-Blood.. I can already tell I'm gonna rush through the last 100 or so pages I have pretty quick lol.

Then the next thing I'm gonna have to do is wait for The Sword of Summer.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
You could always just start the entire series over. THAT would give you a bit of a pause!
I know these are the kinds of books you just want to read again immediately.

I haven't had time to pick up the last one yet, but I'm not liking the sound of "no Percy or Annabeth POV." Percy's my favorite character, goshdarnit!!! I'm sure I'll love the thing to pieces. Must. Make it. To. Pay day...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
You could always just start the entire series over. THAT would give you a bit of a pause!

I think I made a mistake when I decided to read Books 1-4 (including every Percy Jackson book) before Blood of Olympus came out. I don't know how I'm going to take this withdrawal now :/. Well, the good thing about that is that I won't miss any reference made in Blood of Olympus, and there has been a few so far.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

I haven't had time to pick up the last one yet, but I'm not liking the sound of "no Percy or Annabeth POV." Percy's my favorite character, goshdarnit!!! I'm sure I'll love the thing to pieces. Must. Make it. To. Pay day...

Well you gotta realize that this isn't the Percy Jackson or Annabeth Chase series, it's the Heroes of Olympus. And I think Percy and Annabeth deserve a little break given what they've been through.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Well you gotta realize that this isn't the Percy Jackson or Annabeth Chase series, it's the Heroes of Olympus. And I think Percy and Annabeth deserve a little break given what they've been through.

Yeah that was my thought process when I figured out they didn't have any POVs too. But just because they don't have POVs, doesn't mean they aren't relevant anyway.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Yeah that was my thought process when I figured out they didn't have any POVs too. But just because they don't have POVs, doesn't mean they aren't relevant anyway.

well i took it has HoH was really their story and the other heroes were the side act so accepted them not having POVs especially since my 3 favorite characters each did and their POVs were freaking spectacular!

anyways what I am actually going to do is reread the Kane Chronicles because I never reread the Serpent's Shadow and then ill reread the Blood of Olympus and by then hopefully the third short story of the Greek/Egyptian crossover will have come out.

plus like many of see I am curious to see to what degree Uncle Rick purposely named Magnus Chase. We know he doesn't do things by accident it seems and enjoys dropping easter eggs between his series so I'd be interested in learning if Magnus is one of Annabeth's younger brothers (she has two I believe) or if the relation is much more minor

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
well i took it has HoH was really their story and the other heroes were the side act so accepted them not having POVs especially since my 3 favorite characters each did and their POVs were freaking spectacular!

anyways what I am actually going to do is reread the Kane Chronicles because I never reread the Serpent's Shadow and then ill reread the Blood of Olympus and by then hopefully the third short story of the Greek/Egyptian crossover will have come out.

plus like many of see I am curious to see to what degree Uncle Rick purposely named Magnus Chase. We know he doesn't do things by accident it seems and enjoys dropping easter eggs between his series so I'd be interested in learning if Magnus is one of Annabeth's younger brothers (she has two I believe) or if the relation is much more minor

Magnus Chase was brought up in Blood of Olympus and The Summer Sword, his first book, has its synopsis released on goodreads.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I haven't actually read to the part where Magnus is mentioned, but I heard that Magnus is Annabeth's cousin. At least that's what's going around.

Magnus Chase was brought up in Blood of Olympus and The Sword of Summer, his first book, has its synopsis released on goodreads.

For the lazy:

Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother's mysterious death, he's lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers. One day, he's tracked down by an uncle he's never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. His uncle tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god. The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years. When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision. Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .

If anyone wants to kill time before The Sword of Summer releases, there's a series already out called The Blackwell Pages which is pretty much Percy Jackson Norseified. There's also a New Zealand TV show called The Almighty Johnsons which is a mature take on Norse gods in the modern world. I've watched the TV series and it's actually pretty good. (FYI: If you have Netflix download hola.org and you'll be able to watch the series on British Netflix).

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
People worry about the quality of The Sword of Summer (thank you Delsan) but I for one look forward to it. Rereading the Kane Chronicles I am blown away by how good it is. It has that familiar Percy Jackson feel to it, but consisting of a different flavor that's enjoyable in itself. I'm not too worried about Maggy Chase, I think he'll be brilliant!

And I definitely want to check out Loki's Wolves, the Norse mythos escapes me, unfortunately.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
wait Magnus is her cousin? I like that idea so much more lol also can't wait as the series progresses to see Fenrir, Jormungand, Yggdrasil, etc etc etc. I need to reread up on my norse mythology before next fall

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I finished Blood of Olympus a bit after it came out, and after having time to really peocess everything, am I the only one who still feels like this is really "the end"?

I mean, if it is, it's an incredibly well-done and satisfying end, but with several plot lines both being introduced in this one and not being resolved, such as Reyna's whole prophecy thing, Rachel no longer being able to see the future and etc., the consequences of Apollo's actions and what happened there, and then Jason's whole "I'll make sure everyone is really recogbized!", I feel like Rick might be building up for some other future series/future projects.

I mean, for the most part, everybody got an ending. Percy and Annabeth pretty much had a good conclusion in the original series so we didn't need a huge ending. Piper, Leo and Calypso all pretty much have a good ending. Even Hazel and Frank, who still has that fire death possibility, got a great end.

I also feel like the Nico and Reyna chapters weren't just because we needed to see their story, but because Rick was also experimenting with writing them for the future. And, if there is a third series, I imagine nothing will be announced until midway through Magnus/until towards the end of Magnus. M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶s̶.̶

But then again, I could just be reading way too much into everything. I just feel like there's more.

Either way, I'm incredibly excited for Magnus Chase. I also need to read the rest of the Kane Chronicles since I only ever read the first book.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
wait Magnus is her cousin? I like that idea so much more lol also can't wait as the series progresses to see Fenrir, Jormungand, Yggdrasil, etc etc etc. I need to reread up on my norse mythology before next fall

Yep. It would be weird if he were Annabeth's brother considering the twins both have names lol

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
I mean, if it is, it's an incredibly well-done and satisfying end, but with several plot lines both being introduced in this one and not being resolved, such as Reyna's whole prophecy thing, Rachel no longer being able to see the future and etc., the consequences of Apollo's actions and what happened there, and then Jason's whole "I'll make sure everyone is really recognized!", I feel like Rick might be building up for some other future series/future projects.

Idk I feel like that prophecy is self-explanatory for said person nothing more to worry about. I love them though they made half the book for me. The other prophetic thing is self explanatory too...punishment into healing. As per the pontifex maximus....I trust things will work out

bennett999

Most likely Disney will ask Rick to make Magnus a son of Thor and get Rick to write a crossover story between Magnus and Annabeth. Disney would never just let Percy Jackson disappear, after all he is their most famous book character.

I think Rick said that Annabeth told Percy about Magnus in a deleted scene in the Last Olympian.

I think that, she said that her side of the family doesn't talk to Magnus's side of the family because of something that happened (why did Disney edited it out for)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back