Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 65 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Default re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - "legacy rejects committing sudoku"

How about a round of WHO'S THAT EIDOLON!

Zen
    Registered
    Jan 2007
    Default re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - "legacy rejects committing sudoku"

I'm gonna say Bahamut (at the top), Ifrit (top left), Ramuh (bottom right), Leviathan (bottom left), Titan (middle right), Shiva (top right) aaaand that's all I got. Can't recognize the one above the one I think is Leviathan.

Awesome poster btw, wish I had one.

Registered
    Jan 2005

Top: Bahamut
    Left Up: Ifrit
    Left Mid: Garuda
    Left Down: Leviathan
    Right Up: Shiva
    Right Mid: Titan
    Right Down: Ramuh
    Bottom: Odin

Yeah the fans are begging them to do that or a wallscroll of that thing -- Yoshi-P knows about it though.
    Last edited by Shamdeo; November 30, 2012 at 07:32 PM.

Registered
    Apr 2007

Were any of the other Eidolons in 1.0? All I remember was Garuda and Eefreet. I know Titan was taken out due to the earthquake but that's about as far as I can remember :<

Registered
    Jan 2005

Well, I should correct myself, they're actually called Primals (or Eikons as a derogatory term). They are worshipped and summoned by the Beastmen Tribes of Eorzea using the power of aether. They are called "Primals" because they existed when the world was in a primal state.

Thusfar, those are the only Primals we know about. There was Midgarsormr (you can see him taking down the Garlean ship in the original FFXIV intro movie) but it's not explicitly stated if he's a Primal. He has also been destroyed, and his corpse is a giant husk in the middle of Mor Dhona.

In that movie when Midgarsormr dies a bunch of aether is released -- and you can see Ifrit and Titan escape into Eorzea. They are then able to be summoned by the Beastman tribes.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

The top one kind of look like Diabolos to me, even though it's most likely supposed to be Bahamut (aka the most over used summon monster in the entire series).

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XIV

It is not only the beastmen who can summon Primals duh duh duuuuuuhh!! D:

Registered
    Apr 2007

Just read that all the voices in ARR are going to be new.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Registered
    Jan 2005

better pic of it

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

FFXIV had awful voice acting :P I could deal with Yla and Papylmo having the same voices but even they could use improving.

Registered
    Jan 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

You should feel good about it.

Original FFXIV didn't have voice acting outside that FMV, so they haven't sunk in or anything.

Registered
    Jan 2005

The opening cutscenes had them too, but other than that -- pretty much nothing.

Registered
    Apr 2007

So I got to submit an application on an account that my brother wasn't using.

Spoiler Spoiler: Show

Registered
    Jan 2005

Zen
    Registered
    Jan 2007

Oh man, a blog is just fantastic. Glad that they're doing especially since they'll be sharing artwork.