Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    Registered
    Oct 2018
    KH1FM, Hollow Knight, Lumines, FF6A

Default Hollow Knight - Team Cherry's Hauntingly Cute Metroidvania

A trailer, for your consideration~

Has anyone else given Hollow Knight some play around these parts? Just picked it up on a Black Friday sale and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Haven't even gotten past the Forgotten Crossroads yet but the tight gameplay and solid sense of exploration the game exudes has me feeling I'll be chipping away at this for a while.

Also, it's cute as heck and that gets my approval 112%.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Rocket League, Ni no Kuni 2, Ys VIII, Digimon World, Pokemon Go

Default Re: Hollow Knight - Team Cherry's Hauntingly Cute Metroidvania

I love it. It's so beautifully haunting and hauntingly beautiful at the same time and it's fun. I love the Grubs (the little worms) and the music and the atmosphere, there's this dark world, but some really light characters, like the one who serves as your mentor and later admits that you feel like a son to him; or the giant insect traveling the crossroads and despite being sad about being the last of his race, he's glad to have met you. The stories are bittersweet and the gameplay feels fluid and fun. It's an amazing game and it's sad that it won't make it to a physical edition :/

Registered
    Oct 2018
    KH1FM, Hollow Knight, Lumines, FF6A

Default Re: Hollow Knight - Team Cherry's Hauntingly Cute Metroidvania

Quote Originally Posted by Veevee View Post
    I love it. It's so beautifully haunting and hauntingly beautiful at the same time and it's fun. I love the Grubs (the little worms) and the music and the atmosphere, there's this dark world, but some really light characters, like the one who serves as your mentor and later admits that you feel like a son to him; or the giant insect traveling the crossroads and despite being sad about being the last of his race, he's glad to have met you. The stories are bittersweet and the gameplay feels fluid and fun. It's an amazing game and it's sad that it won't make it to a physical edition :/
    The Last Stag is my favorite, both from an aesthetic perspective and a practical view. The world is so vast that it's almost daunting, and I kind of like having to track down the map maker everywhere I go. Only just made it to The Queen's Station (?) and excited to keep pushing through~