Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Default Re: What games need current gen sequels?

It's criminal how Sakurai refuses to create a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Rocket League, Ni no Kuni 2, Ys VIII, Digimon World, Pokemon Go

.hack infection to quarantine. The gameplay was horribly repetitive even back then, mechanics were clunky and there was seriously no need to split that story into four games. Each game story had about 15-20 hours, so it would've been appropriate for an RPG. Story and characters were quite interesting though, would love to see a remake or at least a remaster with a few changes to the combat system.

EDIT: I got the wrong thread, I meant to say they needed HD remasters. Oops.
    Last edited by Veevee; November 22, 2017 at 09:15 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2006

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Give me Bloody Roar.

Registered
    Nov 2005

Boy do I fear for how a Rogue Squadron reboot would fare nowadays. EA would just eff it all up.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Rocket League, Ni no Kuni 2, Ys VIII, Digimon World, Pokemon Go

Pokemon Trading Card Game and Pokemon Snap. I enjoyed those two so much when they came out back then and the Pokemon TCG is popular enough, so I don't know why there was no sequel (well, there was one that never hit the West). And for Pokemon Snap ... the Wii U as well as the Switch should be capable enough for this, maybe remove the railroad mechanic to make it more up to date. I won't take the shitty Nintendo excuse of "everyone has a camera today, no one wants to play that game again" ... yes, it's daily stuff to go out and take pictures of Pokemon, you are completely right and that argument is in no way nonsensical.
    Plus, I'd love to have a sequel to Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters, that one was really fun. Capsule Monsters too. This time with ... a little balancing, maybe?

Registered
    Jun 2017
    KH 1.5+2.5 HD, FF 9, and Far Cry 3

Let me think...

Legend of Dragoon (Sony IP why hasn't this happened)
    Psychonauts (They did make Rhombus of Ruin but we haven't seen anything about Psychonauts 2 yet...)
    Psi Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy (RIP Midway)
    Lost Odyssey
    Megaman X or Battle Network series (OG is nice but my ADHD prefers faster paced combat mechanics)
    Sly Cooper/Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank (I know there was a "remake" of R&C 1 but I wanna see 2 get remade too)
    Radiant Historia (also got remade, but daddy wants sequels)
    Paper Mario (let's be honest, we haven't considered anything after TTYD a sequel)
    Viva Pinata
    Dark Cloud

Registered
    Nov 2008
    Playing
    a Nintendo

Bro, dark cloud 2 happened, it's actually on sale right now on PSN I believe. Great game. I don't think dark cloud 3 is happening though.

Banned
    Registered
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by TruestSyn View Post
    Let me think...
    Legend of Dragoon (Sony IP why hasn't this happened)
    Paper Mario (let's be honest, we haven't considered anything after TTYD a sequel)
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?! I MEAN DART WAS ALMOST IN ALL-STARS! AND THEY REMASTERED SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS! THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO ANNOUNCE ONE TO ANSWER THE HYPE OF THE FF7 REMAKE!

2.uh super paper mario is pretty good

Registered
    Jun 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra View Post
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?! I MEAN DART WAS ALMOST IN ALL-STARS! AND THEY REMASTERED SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS! THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO ANNOUNCE ONE TO ANSWER THE HYPE OF THE FF7 REMAKE!

2.uh super paper mario is pretty good

IKR, it'd be a perfect competition for FF7. And I liked Super Paper Mario, but a lot of people do not.

Registered
    Dec 2017
    None

Sly Cooper needs a sequel. Especially as the last game was left in a cliffhanger. Ape Escape is also overdue an sequel.

I would also like to see a new Jak & Daxter game, but it should be developed by some good gaming studio, in order to avoid another abomination like The Lost Frontier. Ready at Dawn made a good job with Daxter, so I wouldn't mind them making the next one.

I also wish for a non-remake Ratchet & Clank game. I mean, the PS4 remake was fun to play, but it actually did a lot of things worse than the original PS2 game (namely story, characters, music, cutscenes and game length), which is why I'm not sure do I want to see a Going Commando remake.

Registered
    Jun 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Sly Cooper needs a sequel. Especially as the last game was left in a cliffhanger. Ape Escape is also overdue an sequel.

I would also like to see a new Jak & Daxter game, but it should be developed by some good gaming studio, in order to avoid another abomination like The Lost Frontier. Ready at Dawn made a good job with Daxter, so I wouldn't mind them making the next one.

I also wish for a non-remake Ratchet & Clank game. I mean, the PS4 remake was fun to play, but it actually did a lot of things worse than the original PS2 game (namely story, characters, music, cutscenes and game length), which is why I'm not sure do I want to see a Going Commando remake.
    Insomniac doesn't usually have their heads up their own asses so I'd expect the GC remake to fit into the new continuity but to be good, so long as it doesn't end up being a movie tie in.

Sly 4 was really good, but just like R&C there is/was a movie in the works and if they made a new game it might follow R&C's path and be a short, not as good remake of the first one.

Jak 4 was rumored recently based off some list that surfaced from a Naughty Dog server, but you always have to take those kinds of things with a grain of salt. Once Last of Us 2 finishes development maybe they'll be able to come up with a concept that works for Jak 4 since I read somewhere once that their problem was coming up with a story to tell for a sequel.

Registered
    Dec 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by TruestSyn View Post
    Insomniac doesn't usually have their heads up their own asses so I'd expect the GC remake to fit into the new continuity but to be good, so long as it doesn't end up being a movie tie in.

Sly 4 was really good, but just like R&C there is/was a movie in the works and if they made a new game it might follow R&C's path and be a short, not as good remake of the first one.

Jak 4 was rumored recently based off some list that surfaced from a Naughty Dog server, but you always have to take those kinds of things with a grain of salt. Once Last of Us 2 finishes development maybe they'll be able to come up with a concept that works for Jak 4 since I read somewhere once that their problem was coming up with a story to tell for a sequel.
    Yeah, the problems I mentioned were most likely caused by movie tie-in and small budget. Don't think either would be a problem with GC remake. Though the story would need to be altered a lot, especially as Qwark was redeemed in the remake and thus doesn't really have any reason for revenge.

Not sure if the Sly movie will happen, considering how badly the R&C movie flopped and there were some recent news about a Sly TV series.

Sadly, I don't think Naughty Dog will ever return to Jak & Daxter series. They've made it pretty clear they're not interested anymore, which is a shame.

Registered
    Jun 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ovafaze View Post
    Bro, dark cloud 2 happened, it's actually on sale right now on PSN I believe. Great game. I don't think dark cloud 3 is happening though.
    Sorry I kinda overlooked you, I meant like Dark Cloud 3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Yeah, the problems I mentioned were most likely caused by movie tie-in and small budget. Don't think either would be a problem with GC remake. Though the story would need to be altered a lot, especially as Qwark was redeemed in the remake and thus doesn't really have any reason for revenge.

Not sure if the Sly movie will happen, considering how badly the R&C movie flopped and there were some recent news about a Sly TV series.

Sadly, I don't think Naughty Dog will ever return to Jak & Daxter series. They've made it pretty clear they're not interested anymore, which is a shame.
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to figure out myself, how they'd change what happened with Qwark. I was thinking maybe it would be a robot made by Nefarious. I want it because they kinda just swept Angela's existence under the rug after GC.

A Sly tv series eh? That'd be pretty neat, especially if it's animated like the games. That would be a beautiful sight to behold.

I wish that they wouldn't let it die. That was one of the big 3! IDK who was in charge of the ports but those have to be a good indication to ND that they need to revisit this franchise.

Registered
    May 2015
    None

Vanquish-Loved this game. Think this has potential if you give it more content and hd graphics.

Registered
    Jun 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Veevee View Post
    .hack infection to quarantine. The gameplay was horribly repetitive even back then, mechanics were clunky and there was seriously no need to split that story into four games. Each game story had about 15-20 hours, so it would've been appropriate for an RPG. Story and characters were quite interesting though, would love to see a remake or at least a remaster with a few changes to the combat system.

EDIT: I got the wrong thread, I meant to say they needed HD remasters. Oops.
    There was a lot more that went into those games that wouldn't fit in one disc back then, all the code words and the generator for the stages probably took up a majority of the space.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast