Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 178 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179 LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2672
    Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Default Re: Pokemon - Sun and Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Re:Magnus View Post
    It will never happen, but I would like a remake that combines both Gen 1 and Gen 2 into a single game. No variants. Just one game, 251 Pokémon. Or just combine FireRed and LeafGreen into a single game. But I'd miss the GBA era graphics.

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Leaf Green, CIB, but they're so expensive.
    You could probably find an inexpensive copy on eBay or at a flea market. Hopefully, neither put you into a Pokemon Pasta like Pokemon Black and Pokemon Lost Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    Crap yeah I saw earlier but D23 distracted me, I have been wanting this one for a while!
    Apparently, Japan is having a Mew event.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded_Desire62 View Post
    You could probably find an inexpensive copy on eBay or at a flea market. Hopefully, neither put you into a Pokemon Pasta like Pokemon Black and Pokemon Lost Silver.

Apparently, Japan is having a Mew event.
    I luckily snagged Mew finally when the anniversary events were happening. Now a shiny Mew would be exciting lol. But for people who missed it, hopefully that will come to other countries as well.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    I luckily snagged Mew finally when the anniversary events were happening. Now a shiny Mew would be exciting lol. But for people who missed it, hopefully that will come to other countries as well.
    Hopefully, you can get a shiny Mew from an event or from a friend without it being a cheat.

Registered
    Feb 2012

Hopefully, you can get a shiny Mew from an event or from a friend without it being a cheat.
    I hope one day they release all the Pokemon that are shiny locked now, it seems like a waste if they don't? Like I assume the only logical reason to have them locked in the first place is so they can give them out.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Playing
    Chain of Memories and GTA: San Andreas

I can't remember exactly what Nintendo announced when they were advertising Pokemon games such as Sun and Moon for the Switch, did they say they would still make Pokemon games for handheld consoles or not?

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Pasta?

Any of the games for DS and 3DS are rather easy to come by here. Complete and genuine. Actually, that's one of the advantages of European copies of GBA and DS titles - they're rarely fake. Especially not the regional variants, which still have English in-game text but region specific packaging.

I've been thinking about getting the White + Black 2 combo (seems like the optimal one for having as many Pokémon available as possible?). But ugh, so many new ones are just plain ugly. I know, I know. Fans don't like people who only care for Gen 1. And I don't necessarily care only about Gen 1. But I think Gen 1 and Gen 2 had the most consistency in terms of quality designs. My biggest issue is that there are just too many now and a lot of them are just filler material. 150 is a good number. 250 is a bit too much, but I can manage. Then it just becomes far too many to maintain the excitement about catching them all. Plus, I'm "too old" to care about event stuff and trading with people IRL.

Which leads me to another question; how are the Pokémon Ranger games? Are they similar to the main series, but with pre-determined Pokémon instead? Or are they closer to the boring Mystery Dungeon games?

Registered
    Feb 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Caxinuld View Post
    I can't remember exactly what Nintendo announced when they were advertising Pokemon games such as Sun and Moon for the Switch, did they say they would still make Pokemon games for handheld consoles or not?
    Uh I think all they said was a main series game was coming out for Switch. I do remember a while ago when the Switch was first announced they may have said something about still making games for the handhelds. Tho, in terms of main games, I don't think the 3ds can handle it much longer. The past three have been so laggy when more than one Pokemon battles at a time.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Pasta?

Any of the games for DS and 3DS are rather easy to come by here. Complete and genuine. Actually, that's one of the advantages of European copies of GBA and DS titles - they're rarely fake. Especially not the regional variants, which still have English in-game text but region specific packaging.

I've been thinking about getting the White + Black 2 combo (seems like the optimal one for having as many Pokémon available as possible?). But ugh, so many new ones are just plain ugly. I know, I know. Fans don't like people who only care for Gen 1. And I don't necessarily care only about Gen 1. But I think Gen 1 and Gen 2 had the most consistency in terms of quality designs. My biggest issue is that there are just too many now and a lot of them are just filler material. 150 is a good number. 250 is a bit too much, but I can manage. Then it just becomes far too many to maintain the excitement about catching them all. Plus, I'm "too old" to care about event stuff and trading with people IRL.

Which leads me to another question; how are the Pokémon Ranger games? Are they similar to the main series, but with pre-determined Pokémon instead? Or are they closer to the boring Mystery Dungeon games?
    Well, pasta in this context refers to creepypasta, internet urban legends written by people. There are tons of those to come by, some of them are pretty bad or just written to fool people, example would be Gengar's Revenge, which I heard is pretty bad.

I am glad that you can find the GBA and DS titles cheap. I disagree with you about the Mystery Dungeon games being boring. However, I will tell you that the Ranger versions of the game are mediocre.

I didn't really complete Guardian Signs. I felt like my hand getting cramped because of all the looping that I had to do with the stylus. I always had a difficult time capturing Pokemon like Salamence or Charizard since they had attacks that could break the loop and damage my health bar, which kind of doubles as the pointer used to loop around the Pokemon. I found the last one a bit underwhelming since I had to turn the screen in order to chance after that Kingdra.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Oh, you mean bootleg games? They're always so easy to spot though.

By the way, BW2 has my favourite gym leader. Dat tan! LOL.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

It is quite dreamy. Of course, Juan and his protege are pretty tight.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

They made his tan a bit lighter in the anime, but it still looks rather funny to me. The tanline around his waist looks normal, but then you see his feet which imply that his entire lower body is still white as can be, while the upper body has a pretty strong tan. But I guess it's part of what makes him a memorable character design, along with the flamboyant pants. I feel like so many gym leaders lack personality, design wise, so that makes him stand out even more.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

They made his tan a bit lighter in the anime, but it still looks rather funny to me. The tanline around his waist looks normal, but then you see his feet which imply that his entire lower body is still white as can be, while the upper body has a pretty strong tan. But I guess it's part of what makes him a memorable character design, along with the flamboyant pants. I feel like so many gym leaders lack personality, design wise, so that makes him stand out even more.
    I guess, some gym leaders are more profound than others. The guy certainly sticks out compared to trainers like Volkner, who I have heard compared to Minato Namikaze, Naruto Uzumaki's father.

Registered
    Jul 2015

Ha, that brings back memories. Before BW2 came out, this guy's design was revealed and some people were all hyped about having a "PoC" gym leader... aaaaand then they noticed the tanline. They were so pissed.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

At least it wouldn't have been the first non-Caucasian gym leader. That would really have made it a bitter pill to swallow. I haven't really played much Pokémon on DS or 3DS, but they do otherwise have a decent representation of non-Caucasian people these don't they?

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

At least it wouldn't have been the first non-Caucasian gym leader. That would really have made it a bitter pill to swallow. I haven't really played much Pokémon on DS or 3DS, but they do otherwise have a decent representation of non-Caucasian people these don't they?
    It's too bad that we never had Mewtwo as a gym leader. Of course, having a Pokemon gym leader would probably be ironic.

Also, I've seen this trailer.

I also remember at one point, the anime replaced Tracy with Brock during the second season or the Orange League because the writers thought Brock with his eye slits was a bad Asian racist stereotype but because Brock was really popular, he got brought back.