Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 224 of 238 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3559
    Registered
    Apr 2012
    Default re: Pokemon | Let's Go Pikachu!

Kanto revisit? Hell yeah. Play as Ash/Gary following Red's footsteps?! Dope as hell. Pokemon Go Influence and integration? ...Things were going so well for us. What happened?

Registered
    Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    The only credible part about all of this is that we may return to Kanto. There was a "screenshot" from months ago that seemed like a remade area of Kanto.
    That, more than anything, I hope is false. If the Switch's first game is nothing more than revisiting Kanto, the very least they can do is give it a real reimagining into the HD age. The cheap 2.5D graphics with 2D landscapes forced into 3D seen in that screenshot just won't cut it.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

I really don't understand what it means by catching them is like in GO. Does it mean you have to throw the ball? Cuz that sounds fine-ish. It would be trash to just throw balls constantly with no battles though. Which that part sounds....unlikely?

I am mixed on Kanto remakes. I am sick of Gen 1 pandering but also think the region itself has the most to offer for a reimagining since its by far the most boring.

Registered
    Nov 2005

Ideally a new Kanto game should be a BotW-scale re-imagining: a massive fully explorable 3D open world that's a realization of what Kanto looked like in our imaginations when we were little tykes playing on black & white game boys. Making it in the style of the 3DS isn't really a whole lot better than what FRLG was IMO.

I'm guessing if this rumor turns out to be true that Nintendo was REALLY pushy about getting a Pokemon on Switch & they weren't gonna wait for Gen 8, forcing GF into making something that would be "mainline" without it having to fit into a particular gen. Might as well throw in genwunner nostalgia & a dash of Pokemon Go name branding at that point.

Of course if I'm honest with myself, I've been wanting a console Pokemon primarily because it would be way easier (& cheaper) to record footage of wi-fi battles. The actual game that comes with is almost irrelevant. Tell you what GF, make RedxMisty canon & I'll be 100% on board with this.

Registered
    Sep 2013
    Playing
    Life on Critical Mode

Kanto

Registered
    Jan 2013

https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/...600247297?s=21

Well looks like these titles might actually be legit.

Registered
    Oct 2012
    Pokemon Sun, Overwatch

I don't know how I feel about the prospect of returning to Kanto. On one hand, it would be nice to see the region actually expanded on, and maybe incorporate some of the newer Pokemon into the place as well. On the other, I'd rather it have been a new region with new starters. :/ Though going off of those titles, the starters are presumably Pikachu and Eevee instead of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle.

✮ I'm an action figure! ✮ Recon's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009

I'm down for Kanto, but not keen on the Pokemon GO! influences. Which team would you be if this is true? #TeamPikachu or #TeamEevee

Registered
    Oct 2012
    Pokemon Sun, Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I'm down for Kanto, but not keen on the Pokemon GO! influences. Which team would you be if this is true? #TeamPikachu or #TeamEevee
    Team Eevee. More variety in it's evolutions as well as just being cute as heck

Registered
    Oct 2010

Not too keen on the Pokemon GO! influences either, but that kinda stems from the fact my phone can't run it. Fully support Kanto though, love the place.

#TeamEevee all the way. I'd much rather an electric dog/fox/cat thing than some electric rat abomination.

Registered
    Nov 2005

They must either be locking out evolutions for both (ala Yellow) or there better be like a Mega Raichu to make LGP interesting.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

I'm down for a Kanto reimagining as well, Kanto will always hold a place in my heart. If I had to choose between Pikachu or Eevee, I would probably pick Pikachu out of sheer nostalgia.

Please god don't be anything too much like Pokemon Go though. I really didn't like that game at all and would hate to see mainline pokemon head in that direction

✮ I'm an action figure! ✮ Recon's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MATGSY View Post
    They must either be locking out evolutions for both (ala Yellow) or there better be like a Mega Raichu to make LGP interesting.
    You make a good point. Will they stick closer to the original 150 or include variety from all games? It seems the 4chan post said it would replace HMs with Pokeride, but Pokeride used Pokemon from a variety of games like Mudsdale, Sharpedo, and Stoutland. The rest are from Gen I.

Registered
    Jan 2013

So is this still a Gen 7 game, or can Gen 8 officially start with a remake?

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    So is this still a Gen 7 game, or can Gen 8 officially start with a remake?
    If there are no new Pokemon then its Gen 7 still, at least I would think. Just cuz they may use the same engine for gen 8 doesn't mean this is a gen 8 game. Also to respond to your previous post, yeah I have been convinced its real since yesterday evening. A lot of evidence is stacking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xblade13 View Post
    I don't know how I feel about the prospect of returning to Kanto. On one hand, it would be nice to see the region actually expanded on, and maybe incorporate some of the newer Pokemon into the place as well. On the other, I'd rather it have been a new region with new starters. :/ Though going off of those titles, the starters are presumably Pikachu and Eevee instead of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle.
    See, I kinda realized I didn't want a new region yet. If they are testing the waters with the new system and engine now, while gen 7 is literally a year and a half old, then I am pretty pleased tbh. I really think gen 8 would feel rushed anytime before the end of next year... and I hope some gen 7 Pokemon are available and given limelight a bit.

On that note, I don't want this limited to just 151, that would be dumb. What's the point revisiting this region now if its just like it always was. The way this game is gonna be good is redesigning aspects of the region to be up to par visually with the past few, but then hopefully also expand on exploration and stuff again.

Also, not making catching Pokemon just be stand there with a berry until RNG finally has it stay in the ball. Like I am warming up to throwin the ball with the joycon or touchscreen, but please let us battle them.
    Last edited by Sora2016; May 16, 2018 at 08:41 PM.