Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

Default re: Resident Evil 2 | January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

I still haven't played RE7 but I really want to. Different or not, I just want it to be scary. I was a huge fan of the original PS1 trilogy when I was younger, the remake of RE1 was phenomenal, RE0 was good, and RE4 will always hold that special place in my heart as the first shooter I ever truly enjoyed.

I hated 5 and the only reason I was able to push through 6 was because I played the entire thing co-op with a friend. I haven't played Code Veronica or Revelations or any spinoffs, though I just purchased Code Veronica for PS4. But the core series after 4 just wasn't fun to me anymore, it wasn't scary and just became another action third person shooter. 7 looks to alleviate so much of that though. I really want to try it.

I am sad to find out Chris is in 7 though. I thought 7head separated from the rest of the series and I was super okay with that, but not only am I now learning it's connected but it's got Chris, literally my least favorite protagonist of the Resident Evil Universe.

Registered
    Nov 2013
    Stuff

^ I am not sure if this makes you feel better, but Chris has only a very, very minor role in RE7. You don`t see him at all in the game, he basically appears only during the last five minutes of it.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

The new DLC is often jokingly referred to as "Not My Chris", rather than Not a Hero. Resident Evil has a pretty diverse fanbase, and Chris has always been the gay favourite and Capcom has acknowledged this (see his alternate outfits in recent games, from a sailor suit to a leather S&M costume). His interest in female characters is minimal at best, which also makes it easier for people to have their own theories and fantasies. Meanwhile, Leon is clearly the women's favourite and Jill with her boob jiggles and gratuitous butt shots is clearly fan service for the straight guys. But I digress. Chris has always had the personality of a brick and in RE7 he looks like some generic middle aged white guy. They more or less removed the most appealing thing about him.

Capcom has always had an issue with character model consistency, but this is the first time they've made someone look completely different after already establishing a recognisable look. Like, he looks a bit off in Vendetta but you can tell it's supposed to be him. Same thing with Claire in Revelations 2. You can tell it's supposed to be her. And of course, it helps that she's a better written character to start with. Even Jill, who looks like a girl who spent way too much money on plastic surgery trying to look like her idol Angelina Jolie, is still recognisable in the sense that you know who it's supposed to be right away.

That being said, I think Leon got it even worse than Chris. Sure, it seems he's actually getting more good looking with every new game but they've also killed off his personality. He's a pretty cool guy in RE2 and super charming in RE4. Then he becomes a miserable sod. He's insufferable in Vendetta.

Registered
    Nov 2013
    Stuff

Capcom has always had an issue with character model consistency, but this is the first time they've made someone look completely different after already establishing a recognisable look. Like, he looks a bit off in Vendetta but you can tell it's supposed to be him. Same thing with Claire in Revelations 2. You can tell it's supposed to be her. And of course, it helps that she's a better written character to start with. Even Jill, who looks like a girl who spent way too much money on plastic surgery trying to look like her idol Angelina Jolie, is still recognisable in the sense that you know who it's supposed to be right away.
    I agree. Jill and Claire look a bit off, but you can still recognize who they are. Something you can´t say about Chris`s current look. I am a bit bummed they way Jill looks now days. The short hair she had in the Remake was really fitting in my opinion, and now she indeed looks like someone who has gone to plastic surgery a bit too many times, trying to make herself look more like Angelina Jolie.

That being said, I think Leon got it even worse than Chris. Sure, it seems he's actually getting more good looking with every new game but they've also killed off his personality. He's a pretty cool guy in RE2 and super charming in RE4. Then he becomes a miserable sod. He's insufferable in Vendetta.
    Leon is such an sassy and likeable fella in RE4! And the hair, the hair!

I wish I looked as fabulous as Leon does in RE4.

I think am going to stay away from the movies so that I don´t witness his characters downfall.

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Playing
    Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

I still prefer Leon over Chris.
    Mostly cos I played 4 during my edgy scene kid phase and it inspired my hairstyle.

I've yet to play Resi 7. I've asked for it tho at Christmas.

Registered
    Jun 2015

I'm team Chris, which is probably because I was so heavily into Valenfield for years that I used to make it my nickname EVERYWHERE.

I started RE7 a few weeks ago, but damn, I'm just too weak. VR might be blurry, but it still feels way too real and I can't play this alone. xD

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

The first 2/3 of RE7 is definitely the scariest RE has ever been.

Registered
    Nov 2013
    Stuff

I started RE7 a few weeks ago, but damn, I'm just too weak. VR might be blurry, but it still feels way too real and I can't play this alone. xD
    Dude, I had to turn on all of the lights in my living room so that I had enough courage to play this game alone, and I don`t even have VR. xD Can´t even began to think how scary this game is with VR.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Registered
    Jul 2009

Releasing on January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Good intro, but I can't get past young Leon's face. Oh well lol.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

I think this remakr looks like a good step in the right direction so far, I'm excited to see more of it in the time to come.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Default Re: Resident Evil 2 | January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

The remake looks close to perfect. I think the only complaint I have is that Claire looks nothing like her previous incarnations, which has also been an issue with Jill and Chris. Leon is the only character to keep a reasonably consistent look throughout the years. I don't even think Claire looks bad, it's just that there's a lack of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Good intro, but I can't get past young Leon's face. Oh well lol.
    I think he looks great, actually. He just doesn't look perfect from every angle, which makes him look more human I think. There's definitely more of a resemblance to RE4 Leon than RE6 "male model" Leon though.

Funny thing, I've actually heard people say they think he looked better in the original CGI... which is bonkers.

Registered
    Dec 2003

Young Leon actually looks like he can age into Leon. Gotta remember this is an untested Leon so he has to look pureish.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Funny thing, I've actually heard people say they think he looked better in the original CGI... which is bonkers
    They got to be trolling lmao.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Sadly, I don't think they are. Just like with the remake of Final Fantasy VII there are people out there who seen to literally want a reskin of the original. Never mind the fact that this seems way scarier (and more fitting of the term "survival horror") than the original, and looks like a really well made game for the fans. It's not exactly like the original, thus it officially ruins people's childhoods.

Nostalgia goggles, man...

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast