Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

View Poll Results: Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 19.05%
  • No

23 54.76%
  • Maybe

11 26.19%
Page 627 of 628 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628 LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 9413

Thread: Nintendo

Registered
    Jan 2014
    PoKéMoN Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team

Default Re: Nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by OathkeeperRoxas XIII View Post
    Can I ask a honest question, is the demand for X game to be on Switch a little annoying, it's going to be how many want X game on the PC.
    It's because of the Switch's portability. Who wouldn't want to play X game on-the-go?

Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    It's because of the Switch's portability. Who wouldn't want to play X game on-the-go?
    I get that, but not everyone has a Switch and just because the 3DS will wrap up soon doesn't mean to be that irritated it's not on the Switch.

Registered
    Jan 2014

I get that, but not everyone has a Switch and just because the 3DS will wrap up soon doesn't mean to be that irritated it's not on the Switch.
    Oh, yeah. I get'cha. The 3DS is still alive and kicking, and I personally think it'll go out by the end of next year, but the Switch is pretty much Nintendo's top dog right now.

Registered
    Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOsprey View Post
    It just expands its library, adding exclusives that neither PC or PS4 have, and it keeps actually decent games from being trapped on an underpowered and unpopular console. So, why not?
    Underpowered? The Wii U? We're having this discussion in comparison to the Switch. The Switch is very underpowered as well. I think the only reason people are excited for it is because it can go fully portable. That's it. If the Switch didn't have that, it would be nothing more than another weak console by Nintendo. At least the Wii U was Nintendo's step into HD, a marked improvement over the Wii. The Switch is a lot like the Wii to the GCN.

I think I gave my reasoning as to why ports concern me in my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyofEvil'sBane View Post
    I think you're underestimating just how much pull a portable home console actually has. Nintendo was just coasting with the WiiU after the success of the original Wii. It had no reason be as weak of a console as it was. Coming from someone who has a WiiU and enjoyed it, Nintendo made a lot of miss steps with it. With the Switch, its lack of power has a legitimate use, as it is able to do something no other console can offer, while at the same time not require developers to jump through hoops to utilize the gimmick
    The Gamepad wasn't really anymore of a "gimmick" than the second, touch screen on the DS/3DS. It was nothing unfamiliar. In the end I think it was downplayed, too. The fact that I could use my Pro Controller for pretty much everything on the system except for I think maybe the eShop and some settings (I forget) was such a marked improvement over how the Wii forced usage of the Wii Remote in so many annoying ways. Which, by the way, I don't believe that the Wii's gimmickry for even one second justified it being weak, but it was still super successful.

...What I'm beginning to see here is that quality does not equal success. I always understood that with the Wii, actually. However, I saw a heck of a lot more criticism of the Wii's flaws from Nintendo fans. Yet everyone just eats up every single detail about the Switch. Including being weak, including having an incoming paid online system with no improvement to show for it (and an actual regression to Friend Codes, where the Wii U has finally moved us away from that crap), and also being a console of ports instead of new games.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonie View Post
    Being a console of ports instead of new games.
    The Nintendo Switch has plenty of new first party games. Blame the third party publishers for porting pre-existing games, that's not Nintendo's call. And in regards to porting the Wii U library, it makes good business sense because Nintendo are trying to recoup potential profits from pre-existing video games that couldn't have their potential maximised on the Wii U's small install base.

Registered
    Dec 2003

Can I ask a honest question, is the demand for X game to be on Switch a little annoying, it's going to be how many want X game on the PC.

I gotta be honest.

Portable Dark Souls has got me considering.

Portable ANY game has got me with the vapors.

Registered
    Nov 2005

Nintendo, never quitting while they're ahead.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

There are already lots of people defending this, claiming it to be yet another example of how brilliant and innovative Nintendo are. What a joke.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Camping in front of Wal Mart til KH3 drops
    Several characters in Avenue Q

ah shaddap the lot of you. you're not the demographic for it, it's for wide eyed kids who like to cut cardboard and still have a spark of life in their veins. It's a cute little distraction that'll make some kids really excited. It's not a supplement for actual games or content, which will come soon.

Registered
    Nov 2005

The pricing is a tad much, $70 for the variety pack & $80 for the mecha game. I mean I know the price includes games & not just cardboard but still Disney Infinity was cheaper & gave ya 2-3 high quality figures.

Registered
    Jan 2014

I don't get the hate for this. From an innovative point of view, it's innovative. It's like Agumented Reality and Virtual Reality had a child and Cardboard Reality came out. From a business point of view, I can see kids pestering their mothers to buy this. I think this is gonna work.

Registered
    Jul 2015

You gotta remember, the Switch is a nintendo family console. So it's gonna have its games for the little kids too... not EVERYTHING's gonna be for adults.

Registered
    Jun 2008

hey, what do you know! nintendo is doing something out of the box and creative again, this is kind of awesome and is gonna make a lot of kids pester their parents for it.

Registered
    Jul 2009

A cardboard play set that's interactive with the Switch, to me, is a great idea for kids. It's just hard to stand behind the price point knowing it's recycled cardboard. It's Nintendo's, a video game company, way to help kids use their hands other than playing a video game. I back the idea.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Trying to take a walk on sunshine, but I keep missing the rays.
    Too much.

Not really against this, I just question the use of cardboard for it. Any kid that's a bit more rowdy than others would quickly have a bunch of broken stuff.