Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Voters
476. You may not vote on this poll

138 28.99%
  • Melee

105 22.06%
  • Brawl

233 48.95%
Page 418 of 419 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419 LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6271
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    whatever I feel like

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

but in regards to echo fighters who would you think would make great echo fighters? I say Zack Fair for Cloud,(plus gives us a chance to allow for more tracks from FF7 or even crisis core but that's a long shot) or even Akuma or Ken from street fighter for Ryu

Registered
    Jun 2008

sony has several in-house studios with their own projects. sony bend is working on days gone, naughty dog has TLoU2 obviouslt, santa monica is working on the sequel to GoW, i believe media molocule is owned by them and they’re developing Dreams.

SIE Japan is behind LoD, they dont have any big projects announced as the last somewhat AAA game they made was Knack 2. also i’m really not sure where you got “they remastered SotC” from shinra- bluepoint was behind that and they had to completely remake it

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra View Post
    but in regards to echo fighters who would you think would make great echo fighters? I say Zack Fair for Cloud,(plus gives us a chance to allow for more tracks from FF7 or even crisis core but that's a long shot) or even Akuma or Ken from street fighter for Ryu
    Isabelle and Dixie Kong are who I am rooting for the most at this point to be echoes.

But yea Zack and Ken/Akuma would fit into it perfectly and I wouldn't be upset if they were announced. Though I am sorta pulling for actual newcomers for both Square and Capcom tbh (Geno or Neku and Monster Hunter or Palico, respectively)

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

(Still over here just really wanting Travis Touchdown as a newcomer)

Registered
    Feb 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    (Still over here just really wanting Travis Touchdown as a newcomer)
    Oh, same. He is probably in my top 5 of newcomers, especially before I knew echoes were a big thing they were going for in this game.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS I.5 + II.5 ReMix

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be that game Nintendo can perpetually market and release DLC on a given basis and it won't die until they release the Switch 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2 (or with a different subtitle).

Registered
    Nov 2014
    "real life" on critical

Honestly I feel like they should not release a Smash Bros. after Ultimate. It's not that I wouldn't want more, but whatever comes after Ultimate will probably be a major downgrade considering how many maps and especially CHARACTERS (literally every past char) Ultimate has. I really don't think they will do sonething like this again and Ultimate simply feels like an excellent conclusion to the series. They should add characters as DLCs in the future and hold off any Smash Bros. title until the time is ready. So yeah i agree with BoC

Registered
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Muke View Post
    Honestly I feel like they should not release a Smash Bros. after Ultimate. It's not that I wouldn't want more, but whatever comes after Ultimate will probably be a major downgrade considering how many maps and especially CHARACTERS (literally every past char) Ultimate has. I really don't think they will do sonething like this again and Ultimate simply feels like an excellent conclusion to the series. They should add characters as DLCs in the future and hold off any Smash Bros. title until the time is ready. So yeah i agree with BoC
    smash is too profitable and popular to die. long after sakurai is gone they’ll keep making smash titles and as long as they have a good team behind it, it won’t be “downgraded”. so what if the roster isn’t as big? professional gamers around the world haven’t been stuck on melee for 20 years like the southgoing zax because of it’s superior number of fighters- its because they feel its the best and has the best mechanics. ask 4 different smash players what their favorite entry was and they’ll all give you a different answer dude.

thats the way it should be i think, keep the series consistent enough so casuals always have a blast but tweak it enough so pros have something to learn about and practice. with nintendo’s revitalized focus on it’s IPs and the way tech is coming along, smash is only getting better.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, Valkyria Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Fallout 3

If for SOME reason they ever decided not to make a new Smash, then you can probably believe Smash Ultimate would just see ports or remasters maybe with some new stuff here and there on future consoles.

Registered
    Nov 2017
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

I've changed my profile pic in memory of Mario's late brother.

TRAPPED IN THE SHADOW REALM! Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Camping in front of Wal Mart til KH3 drops
    Several characters in Avenue Q

Simon Belmont, dude, wow. Who's left? They've gotten almost all the most iconic characters ever. I'm over the moon with this roster. Will main Richter for sure

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Launchpad View Post
    Simon Belmont, dude, wow. Who's left? They've gotten almost all the most iconic characters ever. I'm over the moon with this roster. Will main Richter for sure
    Well, if rumors[and by that I mean 4chan so grain of salt]are to be believed, the last character to be revealed will be Dante.

I mean, I don't really believe 4chan rumors, but after seeing Negan get into Tekken 7, Dante showing up wouldn't even be surprising.
    Last edited by KeybladeLordSora; August 11, 2018 at 04:00 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2012

Yeah the next game after this will be a different direction I imagine, and I do hope they consider supporting this one for a few years. It would be good to get Switch reps, for instance. But maybe some old school ones they didn't get to yet.

I feel like I would like whatever they do after this, as long as they don't gut the roster too much or like change all the mechanics. Tbh, I am super hyped about this whole culmination of every Smash so far, but I really didn't need stuff like Young Link or Pichu back lol. So like if the next game drops stuff like that completely, I would be down.
    Also the fact echoes are sometimes literally exactly the same other than animations, like Richter, seems a little silly to me. Like, he could be a super fancy skin, and so could most echoes, and I would be just as pleased. Chrom is the only stand out so far as he has a completely different up special. And I guess he and Dark Pit have a different Final Smash. All the others wouldn't change at all if they were just a fancy skin with special animations and voice lines. It would cut down on the balancing this game will need lol. And maybe make it a bit easier to at least add a few newcomers. (I am aware clones don't take as much time as newcomers and all that, I just mean for a future installment balancing is still a thing)

But real talk, as long as ever green series like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are going there will always be an outcry for a rep from them. As long as we get stuff like Splatoon in the future people will always want something from them included as well. And tbh there are quite a few old school franchises Nintendo used to care about but sorta forgot about and I know their fans would be into seeing them again. I would as well lol. And there is always discussion if the currently included series deserve more or at least some different reps as well. So yeah I guess my point is, I don't see them ever stopping this series in the foreseeable future, people will always want more characters and experiences with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeybladeLordSora View Post
    Well, if rumors[and by that I mean 4chan so grain of salt]are to be believed, the last character to be revealed will be Dante.

I mean, I don't really believe 4chan rumors, but after seeing Negan get into Tekken 7, Dante showing up wouldn't even be surprising.
    I....hadn't seen those rumors at all lol. I know of 2 that have been pretty on the nose so far...one says Isabelle and a Gen 7 Pokemon are coming, which I believe. The other says Skull Kid is also a newcomer...which is a little more out of nowhere but not that crazy I guess. I personally would like a different Zelda newcomer, but anyone who isn't the main trio would be welcome at this point lol.

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    I....hadn't seen those rumors at all lol. I know of 2 that have been pretty on the nose so far...one says Isabelle and a Gen 7 Pokemon are coming, which I believe. The other says Skull Kid is also a newcomer...which is a little more out of nowhere but not that crazy I guess. I personally would like a different Zelda newcomer, but anyone who isn't the main trio would be welcome at this point lol.
    One of the first rumors about Dante in Smash was in a DMC5 "leak" thread on 4chan, being a description of his reveal trailer: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/424869809/

Another one of the rumors that involved Dante was at the start of a 4chan thread with the "leaker" also listing Simon[with a pretty on-point description] and K. Rool, and a tiny mention of Dante's reveal trailer being framed as a surprise, but they also listed Heihachi and Karate Joe.

Other rumors about Dante in Smash were buried in threads to where you had to Ctrl+F and search "Dante" to see them.

Like in this one: /v/ - Seriously, what more can he add at this point? - Video Games - 4chan

The Dante info between 4chan "leaks" and rumors is pretty similar in regards to his reveal trailer: Fire Emblem character being attacked by a dragon, Dante coming in and Royal Guarding the dragon's attack, Dante beating up other FE characters, his Final Smash being a Devil Trigger burst that leads into a cinematic combo attack on anyone caught in the DT burst complete with Style meter going up to Smokin Sick Style.

Still taking it with a grain of salt, but once again, after Negan in Tekken, Dante in Smash ain't that cuhrayzee.

Registered
    Aug 2014
    Final Fantasy IX

In regards to the recent topics:

The new characters announced are great. Simon Belmont is gonna be top tier and looks like so much fun to play and King K. Rool is so freaking sweet. I love reworking duplicates/clones into echo fighters, it lets them add more in and get more creative. Dark Samus and Chrom are dope, even though we have a million Fire Emblem characters.

The idea of Dante getting announced for this game doesn't get me hyped, as DMC was never my series of choice. I've got all the characters I need, so anything else is really just icing on the cake.

Lastly, there's no chance in hell this is the last Smash Bros. As has already been stated, it prints money, and it's practically as big of a staple in Nintendo's catalog as Animal Crossing, Zelda, and Mario. It doesn't have the number of titles as those franchises, but without pulling up the sales I'd bet that it compares well to them, and the fanbase is enormous. There's also almost no chance all these characters make it into the next Smash imo, but I'd be super happy with a much smaller roster with insanely tuned mechanics and modes. Go big in this one, then years down the road bring it all back in and reconfigure what it means to be a Smash Brothers game.