Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationships

Registered
    Feb 2019
    None

Default Relationships

Looking back, no relationship was confirmed besides Sora and Kairi. Nothing was said or done by any other character to establish a romantic relationship. People are talking about Riku and Namine but that could just be him looking out for her as a guardian role. Nomura seems to have left all other relationships open ended.

Organization Member kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    KH3 (OBVIOUSLY)

Default Re: Relationships

Fun fact: Sora has better chemistry with every single other female character he interacts with than Kairi....well, except Anna and Elsa. They just kind of ignore him.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Yeah, people are very thirsty in this fandom, lol. Literally every interaction is subjective and doesn't confirm anything.

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

Think Nomura will confirm any ships during the interviews? With the Xehanort saga finished now would be a good time to do so before the next chapter.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Think Nomura will confirm any ships during the interviews? With the Xehanort saga finished now would be a good time to do so before the next chapter.
    I could see him doing something like that. I would prefer if he didn't, because as long as he doesn't everyone can rationalize their way to happiness, lol.

Registered
    Dec 2005

What upsets me is that it tends to be at the expense of the female character. At least KH3 wise. It's rather awful.

He totally won't.

But I wish he would, just to stop the rubbish in the fandom. No matter how badly written and how poorly established it is.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

I wouldn’t even say SoKai was confirmed because they didn’t do anything that they hadn’t in the past...

Registered
    Jun 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    I wouldn’t even say SoKai was confirmed because they didn’t do anything that they hadn’t in the past...
    Or anything romantically coded that other characters didn't do in similar ways in the past.

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

Aside from Word of God what exactly counts as confirmation? I would thinkHolding hands and looking at the sunset would be a clear confirmation that they're a couple but apparently not, lol

Registered
    Apr 2015

Quote Originally Posted by *TwilightNight* View Post
    He totally won't.

But I wish he would, just to stop the rubbish in the fandom.
    It wouldn't really stop anything. Like, queer fans are pretty used to having to ignore or go against the word of god in order to interpret their ships. Slash isn't really about "what is actually going to happen in the canon story", part of it is a commentary that it never would happen and why that's wrong.

Registered
    Jul 2008

Aside from Word of God what exactly counts as confirmation? I would thinkHolding hands and looking at the sunset would be a clear confirmation that they're a couple but apparently not, lol
    Sora held Riku’s hand and they’ve hugged. Are they dating too? Please let the answer be yes.

Registered
    Dec 2015
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Registered
    Jun 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Audo View Post
    It wouldn't really stop anything. Like, queer fans are pretty used to having to ignore or go against the word of god in order to interpret their ships. Slash isn't really about "what is actually going to happen in the canon story", part of it is a commentary that it never would happen and why that's wrong.
    If anything, from what I've seen, (badly developed) canon hetero-romances only encourage queer fans to produce more content for their preferred ships.

Sora held Riku’s hand and they’ve hugged. Are they dating too? Please let the answer be yes.
    You know it, fam.

Registered
    Jul 2008

Word of God is great and we definitely rely on it a lot for this series, but if Nomura ever confirmed any pairing outside of the games, I wouldn’t bother listening to it. There are certain points where we have to believe in Death of the Author in order to enjoy a series both within its canon and outside of it, and I think shipping is one of those things that is very messy to discuss and touch for any creator. If they either don’t make it clear what characters are together or make a compelling argument within their canon as to why that pairing works, you open the series to a lot of discussion like this.

If SoKai was a more compelling and well-established pairing within the series with solid development, there wouldn’t be any doubt about where things stand. If we knew Nomura’s intentions about Namine and Riku, we wouldn’t even be discussing the potential of it based on that one scene at the end of 3. If Sora and Riku weren’t the most well-developed pair in the series, fans of it wouldn’t butt heads with others so often. Shipping would still happen, especially for us queer fans without pairings made for us, but it would be much less of a debate and more about the fun of shipping.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I agree. Handholding before you're about to "die" doesn't seem like something exclusive to romantic partners to me.

Just like with the story, we practically need Nomura to say it in an interview for anything to be "definite." And that's very sad. It's one thing to leave things open to interpretation (which I consider a good thing), and it's another to be so vague, confusing, and inarticulate in what you portray onscreen to the point that everyone doubts everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Audo View Post
    That's true. I would still discard what's canon anyway, but I don't even consider SoKai "canon" right now to discard is the point.

And the thing is, who even knows if there will be a real confirmation in future because I think in part the Sora-Kairi scenes will be even more scarce now that the Xehanort Saga is over and Nomura doesn't feel the need to call back to KH1 (like the drawing in the Secret Place) anymore.
    Last edited by Tartarus; February 11, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast