Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationships

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Kingdom Hearts III

Default Re: Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by kasukichips View Post
    I don't understand why everyone seems to be bashing the Riku and Namine ship already. I’m guessing it's the RokuNami fantards sigh
    You know you could very easily turn that on its head too?
    Like, several people don't understand why "everyone" suddenly has to make a romantic couple out of Riku and Naminé based on one single diddlying scene just because what? Because they're a boy and a girl?
    To "pair the spares" or finally get the possibility of Riku being non-straight dealt with?

Must be the Namiku fantards *sigh*

Why not ship Naminé with Xion? They're after all collecting seashells together at the beach in one scene.

Gosh, stuff like the above is why I despise all the whole shipping and romance crap.

---

I guess I'm gonna just quote Hayao Miyazaki:
    I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live - if I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.

Registered
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Why not ship Naminé with Xion? They're after all collecting seashells together at the beach in one scene.
    That ship has gained actual traction, lol, as predicted. It'll be even funnier if that "and someone who wants to see you again most of all" line was referring to her.

Hayao Miyazaki
    Legend.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

Quote Originally Posted by *TwilightNight* View Post
    That ship has gained actual traction, lol, as predicted. It'll be even funnier if that "and someone who wants to see you again most of all" line was referring to her.
    I am so far ahead of that curve I'm already at KH7 headcanon. The shell collection to the tune of "Chikai"/"Don't Think Twice" alone just blasted away every other character-to-character interaction in the game for me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    I guess I'm gonna just quote Hayao Miyazaki:
    Take notes, Nomura.

Registered
    Dec 2009
    bbs

Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    Fun fact: Sora has better chemistry with every single other female character he interacts with than Kairi....well, except Anna and Elsa. They just kind of ignore him.
    I felt it with rapunzel to be honest

I see no reason why she couldn't have gotten some exp in training out their in some of the worlds

Also is no one else seeing it in Terra and Aqua

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I've always thought Terra / Aqua would be a great ship to become canon. They are both well-developed characters solo, and they just feel more mature than the rest of the cast. The only other character that comes close is Riku because of how much he's been through.

I still wonder if we'll even see TAV again in the next game though... So much about what's going to happen post-3 feels up in the air. We could see more of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either. The only problem is Aqua is the series' most popular female character. It would be unfortunate for her to disappear.

Registered
    Apr 2015

We'll see them. Someone has to stand against the Lost Masters. I also don't think they'd bother saying that every character has a gummiphone now if they weren't planning on doing something with it in the future.

Registered
    Feb 2018
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Eh, overall, it is well observed by the storytelling that Sora/Kairi share a narrative that reflects a pretty typical and, in several ways, simple approach in romantic undertones—at times in way of being painfully shallow. Purely due to Nomura not seeming to want to write this type of thing outside of a surface level—something that I think is reflective on a lot of character interactions and development beside romantic intention alone. Wasted potential in a lot of different areas. Boo.

As for Riku and Namine, I find it all to be funny. I mean, people were shipping them together since CoM—back when Roxas was known as "BHK" lol I'm not surprise it's sparking again as per usual of the shipping phases, but I hardly expect anything impactful in regards to characterization. I mean, I'm still waiting on a detailed backstory for Terra and Aqua before Ven arrived in their lives. There's still much we don't know about them.

Registered
    Feb 2019
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I've always thought Terra / Aqua would be a great ship to become canon. They are both well-developed characters solo, and they just feel more mature than the rest of the cast. The only other character that comes close is Riku because of how much he's been through.

I still wonder if we'll even see TAV again in the next game though... So much about what's going to happen post-3 feels up in the air. We could see more of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either. The only problem is Aqua is the series' most popular female character. It would be unfortunate for her to disappear.
    If they need 13 Lights to fight the 7 new Darkness then Terra Aqua and Ventus will be back

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Lumine's repeat playlist

I'm a firm believer in "finessing your friends", has disney reached so far into your souls you have to pair something romantically almost automatically or on the merit of bias? Honest question here, one that is concerning if you answer yes lol.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

I forget where it was, but wasn't it confirmed that Terra and Aqua are 20 & 18 respectively? That probably also contributes to them feeling more mature than the rest of the cast. This may also add to them being a good canon ship as most audiences see 18 as adult, and thus there won't be any issue of adult x kid stuff. (If you're not 18 then you're 12 lol)
    And honestly, (probably merging into head canon now) the two of them have probably been conditioned to be together for years. If it wasn't for the unversed, they weren't going to get off LoD anytime soon in BBS. In an entire world of only 4 people, your options are kind of limited.
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rac7d View Post
    Also is no one else seeing it in Terra and Aqua
    I feel it; I love it. If it never happens, I'm okay too.

This was a concern of mine initially, as well. I felt like TAV/RAX/Namine had nice endings and had all been saved, so I was concerned this was the end of them. But then I realized, well Ven is going to be a large part of UX and likely the future of KH so how can Terra/Aqua just let him go off and not be involved at all? As well as, Lea/Isa will likely have a large involvement due to apparently being solely motivated by X, so I doubt Roxas/Xion will stand idly by while their friends are out there.

And like Audo said, the new 'game' looks to be 13 Lights versus the 7 Masters, so they kind of have to stay around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dari View Post
    I'm a firm believer in "finessing your friends", has disney reached so far into your souls you have to pair something romantically almost automatically or on the merit of bias? Honest question here, one that is concerning if you answer yes lol.
    Clearly. I'm perfectly content for everyone to just be friends, regardless of if I like certain couples. Other people, don't seem to be content with that.

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

What if Sora calls Kairi his girlfriend in the next game? Or vice versa?

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    What if Sora calls Kairi his girlfriend in the next game? Or vice versa?
    I hope no one ever does that but it would be pretty concrete proof, lol.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxagone View Post
    If they need 13 Lights to fight the 7 new Darkness then Terra Aqua and Ventus will be back
    I like the idea of 13 Lights v. 7 Darknesses: TAV + RAXI + SRK is 10. Then Mickey and Namine. I wonder who #13 would be. Bring Riku Replica back.

Personally, I’d rather they just make the 13 lights the Disney princess line, lol. SW, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Tiana, Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, Moana + Kairi and Namine. If KH is going to enter another "saga" though, they could do both, I guess (1 plot with PoH Lights in one game and another game with 13 GoLs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taochan View Post
    This was a concern of mine initially, as well. I felt like TAV/RAX/Namine had nice endings and had all been saved, so I was concerned this was the end of them. But then I realized, well Ven is going to be a large part of UX and likely the future of KH so how can Terra/Aqua just let him go off and not be involved at all? As well as, Lea/Isa will likely have a large involvement due to apparently being solely motivated by X, so I doubt Roxas/Xion will stand idly by while their friends are out there.
    Oh, I knew for sure Lea and Isa would still be around because of the mystery girl. I used to hope RAX and TT would both be gone after KH3, but I'm actually looking forward to more of them because Isa is included now. They didn't really connect TAV and Namine to future plot much though, and with so many characters, I expect they might be pushed far into the background if they appear at all in the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taochan View Post
    I hope no one ever does that but it would be pretty concrete proof, lol.
    Yes, at least it would be concrete proof. The only consequence is a bunch of soap opera-esque fanfiction where Sora has to break Kairi's heart into a million, little pieces first before he ends up with Riku now. :P

Organization Member kaseykockroach's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    KH3 (OBVIOUSLY)

I’d rather have fun going along with fanfics because to stick to canon means that no one except Sora Donald Goofy understands how to socialize with each other in ways that don’t involve ice cream, hearts, darkness and light.
    I love that KH3 brought in things like in-universe games and social media posts, as the KH universe really needed that inner-life.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast