Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 219 of 263 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3934
  1. #3271
    The Cleric of Flamesgrace Xblade13's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Road to Kingdom Hearts
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,589
    Gender
    Playing
    Octopath Traveler, Kingdom Hearts series marathon, Overwatch

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Seighart View Post
    What about Big Hero 6? Doesnt it take place after the 1st?
    We already know that the plot of the world takes place after the movie. That was announced immediately when they confirmed the world years ago. That's the reason Dark Baymax is a thing, because that is the original Baymax they left in the other dimension in the movie.

    We don't know if it's supposed to be canon like the Toy Story plot is though.
    Last edited by Xblade13; January 12, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

  2. #3272
    Keyblade Master Seighart's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florence, New Jersey
    Age
    24
    Posts
    721
    Gender
    Playing
    KH1, KH2, KH3D, Zero Escape, Playstation All Stars

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xblade13 View Post
    We already know that the plot of the world takes place after the movie. That was announced immediately when they confirmed the world years ago. That's the reason Dark Baymax is a thing, because that is the original Baymax they left in the other dimension in the movie.

    We don't know if it's supposed to be canon like the Toy Story plot is though.
    Ahh right. I'd rather it isn't simply for the fact that if they decide to do a 2nd movie they'd have to explain why there's a second Baymax I guess

  3. #3273
    KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    27
    Posts
    31,449
    Gender

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Seighart View Post
    What about Big Hero 6? Doesnt it take place after the 1st?
    It does take place after BH6, but unlike TS it has not been confirmed to be based within its canon timeline. From that we can infer that it is a parallel timeline like the rest of the worlds.

  4. #3274
    Legendary Member Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,769
    Gender
    Playing
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    It does take place after BH6, but unlike TS it has not been confirmed to be based within its canon timeline. From that we can infer that it is a parallel timeline like the rest of the worlds.
    Adding on to this, the TV show picks up from the middle of BH6’s movie ending and then continues after, which makes it harder to place KH’s canon with the world in with the movie canon, unlike Toy Story which has three movies and a handful of shorts, the latter which establish when they take place.

    Unless BH6 the Series or BH6 2 deal with a dark Baymax and everything, I believe the world of San Fransokyo is trusted enough for viewers to understand it takes place in a parallel timeline where the events of the first movie happened before things shifting to this alternate timeline, much like with every other Disney film.

    For Toy Story, Nomura has made it clear to viewers, via translations, that Toy Story 2 and 3 are canon to the story that runs along in Kingdom Hearts 3. It’s then safe to assume, unless word of god explicitly says otherwise, that Kingdom Hearts’ Story runs concurrent with the movies.

    The Disney worlds in the past have run in that parallel universe but it seems that Pixar have given approval to having Kingdom Hearts actually be canical to the Toy Story universe. Monsters Inc is different, however, since they haven’t confirmed if it’s canon due to the TV series coming later this year on the streaming service.

  5. #3275
    Unversed
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    205
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    I still like that kh is now canon through a disney material. This means that everything in kh is canon, to Pixar atleast, because of toy story.

  6. #3276
    Legendary Member Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,769
    Gender
    Playing
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfshadow0118 View Post
    I still like that kh is now canon through a disney material. This means that everything in kh is canon, to Pixar atleast, because of toy story.
    I find Disney movies more exciting, especially sequels, to think “man, a human with a key, a duck, and a dog were here with everyone”. No matter how good a Disney film is, thinking this makes it even more better.

    I watched a screener version of Wreck it Ralph 2 and the whole time, especially through the Princess section, I was thinking “Sora influenced everything they’re saying” and it made the movie so much more better.

  7. #3277
    Unversed
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    205
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    I find Disney movies more exciting, especially sequels, to think “man, a human with a key, a duck, and a dog were here with everyone”. No matter how good a Disney film is, thinking this makes it even more better.

    I watched a screener version of Wreck it Ralph 2 and the whole time, especially through the Princess section, I was thinking “Sora influenced everything they’re saying” and it made the movie so much more better.
    I havent seen WIR2 yet, but I guess so?

    Also if bh6 is canon, then I think monsters Inc is canon as a sequel to the first movie.

  8. #3278
    Legendary Member Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,769
    Gender
    Playing
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfshadow0118 View Post
    I havent seen WIR2 yet, but I guess so?

    Also if bh6 is canon, then I think monsters Inc is canon as a sequel to the first movie.
    Wreck it Ralph 2 has no direct connection to Kingdom Hearts outside of one specific part which we have yet to see if its true. But my point was it’s fun to watch these moves and thing how KH is canon to them because the sheer absurdity of Kingdom Hearts elevates the humour of the movie’s. It certainly worked with Pirates 2/3 when I rewatched them prior to playing this game.

  9. #3279
    Keyblade Master Seighart's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florence, New Jersey
    Age
    24
    Posts
    721
    Gender
    Playing
    KH1, KH2, KH3D, Zero Escape, Playstation All Stars

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Okay so the leaker has uploaded gameplay of Corona. Nothing relatively new. Just a few new heartless in action.

  10. #3280
    Zip
    Zip is offline
    Bronze Member Zip's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,242
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Seighart View Post
    Okay so the leaker has uploaded gameplay of Corona. Nothing relatively new. Just a few new heartless in action.
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

  11. #3281
    Heartless believe-it-ornot's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    78
    Gender

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Spoiler Spoiler Show

  12. #3282
    Keyblade Master Seighart's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florence, New Jersey
    Age
    24
    Posts
    721
    Gender
    Playing
    KH1, KH2, KH3D, Zero Escape, Playstation All Stars

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by believe-it-ornot View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler Show
    Hits right in the nostalgia feels.

  13. #3283
    Unversed bagcifreak's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Posts
    150
    Gender
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Kingdom Hearts is one of the very few game franchises around that still stick to their original source material so I honestly don't understand the hate wave in this thread. Yes some things could have been better, the small original worlds are disappointing, etc. etc. but at the end of the day it's still exactly what all of us have been expecting IMO: The game doesn't look or feel any different than they've been telling us the past 5 years. If the lack of Final Fantasy Characters and a missing Train Station is "ruining the game" for you then you honestly have a very weird focus as to what makes a Kingdom Hearts game... well, a Kingdom Hearts game.

    We have yet to experience the story, see FULL maps cause the leaker barely shows the Disney worlds and experience the gameplay ourselves. KH3 can honestly be viewed as a soft reboot cause the game hasn't been on a home console in 10 years so you gotta let the developer see what works on what doesn't. I'm very positive that KH4 or whatever comes next will please us a lot more cause they can look back at this game and see flaws that they haven't seen/realized while developing KH3.

    Also unpopular opinion but I'm glad there are no FF characters. KH isn't suppose to be a fusion of FF & Disney. They just kept saying that to make KH eventually sell better and make FF fans play it. KH is no FF Spin-Off so it doesn't need any FF references imo. I'm good with 1 FF character appear in every game just for fun. If you wanna see Cloud then play FF7 lmao. I'm not gonna start playing FF7Remake and expect some KH/Sora reference somewhere just cause Sora and Cloud know themselves in some alternative universe.

  14. #3284
    Unversed 2 quid is good's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Republic of London
    Posts
    112
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bagcifreak View Post
    Kingdom Hearts is one of the very few game franchises around that still stick to their original source material so I honestly don't understand the hate wave in this thread. Yes some things could have been better, the small original worlds are disappointing, etc. etc. but at the end of the day it's still exactly what all of us have been expecting IMO: The game doesn't look or feel any different than they've been telling us the past 5 years. If the lack of Final Fantasy Characters and a missing Train Station is "ruining the game" for you then you honestly have a very weird focus as to what makes a Kingdom Hearts game... well, a Kingdom Hearts game.

    We have yet to experience the story, see FULL maps cause the leaker barely shows the Disney worlds and experience the gameplay ourselves. KH3 can honestly be viewed as a soft reboot cause the game hasn't been on a home console in 10 years so you gotta let the developer see what works on what doesn't. I'm very positive that KH4 or whatever comes next will please us a lot more cause they can look back at this game and see flaws that they haven't seen/realized while developing KH3.

    Also unpopular opinion but I'm glad there are no FF characters. KH isn't suppose to be a fusion of FF & Disney. They just kept saying that to make KH eventually sell better and make FF fans play it. KH is no FF Spin-Off so it doesn't need any FF references imo. I'm good with 1 FF character appear in every game just for fun. If you wanna see Cloud then play FF7 lmao. I'm not gonna start playing FF7Remake and expect some KH/Sora reference somewhere just cause Sora and Cloud know themselves in some alternative universe.
    I've listed all my reasons as to why this is a poor argument a lot before and barely have the energy to do so again, but I love self punishment I guess so here we go:

    Your first sentence outright contradicts everything else that you've written after. How can KH stay true to the original source material when the original stuff is at its lowest point in the main series to date?

    And secondly, you have trivialised what people's biggest complaints are and distilled it to a "missing train station" to make your argument seem as the more rational, "lol, look at these haters" type. No one here has said that the game is ruined. On the contrary I've mentioned multiple times that I'll still enjoy the game. But are we not allowed to express disappointment now? Is only one opinion allowed? "You must toe the party line or else?" GTFO with that kinda nonsense. Of course people are disappointed that in a next gen game not only do we not have one of our main Hub worlds but that the other has been significantly reduced. This shouldn't even need to be explained to people tbh. If you can't understand why people are upset that's on you at this point.

    "If you wanna see Cloud then play FF7 lmao" I don't even need to say how redundant this point is tbh. You sure showed me with that logic.

    "If you want to have a Disney world in kh then just watch the film lol." two can play at this game

  15. #3285
    Nobody Beyond's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    24
    Posts
    16
    Gender
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

    I don't know if you already know, but you can see the opening on PornHub.
    It has a really great quality (it was the first time in HD for me).



    EDIT: the same channel has also the gameplay videos we already saw.
    Last edited by Beyond; January 12, 2019 at 07:36 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •