Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darkness Reborn

Paper Bag Heaven Darkness Princess's Avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2004

Default Re: Darkness Reborn

Sahara’s attention towards the man with the cane was diverted by the sound of a warm cheerful voice addressing her. She turned towards the person, a smile reflexively forming on her own face. When in doubt, she always believed it was better to be friendly. “I’m doing as well as you’d expect, Thank you.” As she was about to continue her conversation, the man with the cane spoke, drawing her attention back to him.

As he spoke, the smile on Sahara’s face quickly faded to be replaced with an expression of confusion which then developed into a frown and then returned to a sardonic smile. All that time spent envying her brother for being trained to be a soldier and wishing for a chance to prove herself his equal, it seemed someone was listening. Here she was, a chosen one. Just not chosen in the way she’d expect nor was he here to rub it in. She was special and she had been granted powers too but at what cost? Evidently they were not the first wave of recruits, how many of them returned home after battle? It sounded like this Light and Darkness rivalry would not be ending anytime soon.

As she processed the information, she noted that not all her new comrades in arms were taking the news well. One particularly strange looking person with silver objects embedded in his body like living jewellery had grabbed their new alleged commander. He was shaking him quite violently and Sahara took a small step back, intending to remain a nice safe distance from this encounter. It would be interesting to see how their leader takes to this much insubordination from his conscripted recruits.

Fortunately for them all, a girl with shocking silver hair decided to intervene. She made her words her will and blasted the two apart before standing in between them. This girl’s ability was inhuman. Were hers the same? Sahara flashed back to her dream of blue and wondered if that was a sign of her powers but as of now, nothing seemed to stir within her. No great wave of power. Just fear and concern.

The group with the smiling boy from earlier were speaking in the background, discussing their own abilities before one spoke up. Voicing a similar thought that she had in mind. Why should they trust him? Conscription meant desperation and what did that mean for them? Were they being sent to be slaughtered?

Another person, one who was quite tall and almost as intimidating as the short-tempered boy stood up and started stretching and causing the ground beneath him to crack off and float with the flick of his hand. A snort inadvertently escaped her lips, then a chuckle and finally outright hysterical laughter. This was seriously happening. The people she was with were embodied with powers equal to that of the djinn of legends.

The earth wielder was right. They may as well just go with the flow of events until something else better presents itself. The man with the cane, Sebastian he called himself, already said he would not be able to remove them from this place. Sahara wiped the hysterical tears of laughter from her face, and choked out her name to everyone. “Nice to meet you all, my name is Sahara and I haven’t the foggiest idea what my special abilities are but I can sell a Bedouin sand if that’s any help.”

Registered
    Sep 2006
    Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
    Kamigami no Asobi, FFXV, Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem: Awakening

~- Introductions -~

Aiden broke off from Omari as their host explained things to the group. He believed their host, the guy was telling the truth based on the ghosts of previous chosen. Aiden saw the way Rae went from being focused on the girl he'd been talking with to being focused on the guy named Sebastian. It also wasn't a surprise by the fact that some people weren't happy on their situation. Tossing a quick glance over his shoulder, he made a hand sign for Omari to locate Sage and try to figure out what was going on. Sidestepping a ghost, he hoped no one was paying close enough attention to him as a ghost whispered, "You must stay on your guard. The road ahead is a difficult one."

He didn't spare it a second glance, he knew better than to do that mistake.

"This place just amplified your previous abilities, that is your curse."

Aiden tossed a look to the right, to the spirit standing behind Max. A frown on his face, Aiden shook his head before brushing it off. Focusing back on Rae, he quickly made his way over in time to hear the girl, Sahara, introduce herself to the group at large. Rae smiled cheerfully, eyes wide with curiosity, as he asked, "Bedouin sand? What's that? It sounds interesting! My name's Rae by the way, it's nice to meet you."

A snort escaped Aiden at the introduction, he mumbled, "He's also a lot like a parakeet, if you haven't noticed."

Getting a friendly jab to the ribs, Rae waved the air and chatted cheerfully, "The grumpy one is Aiden. My other friends are named Sage and Omari. Don't worry, I promise we're all nice....despite Aiden's crankiness." A thoughtful look coming to Rae's eyes, Aiden listened as he added, "Do you have someone here with you Sahara?"

Aiden could tell that Rae wanted to invite her into their group, but at the same time Rae didn't want to offend her. A slight smile coming to his face, Aiden focused on the spooks that were hanging around the room as he tried to figure out how to continue the conversation.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    League, Isaac, Straimium Immortaly

One by one, the members of this impromptu group gave their introductions, Max listened to each in turn before introducing himself - despite Sebastian knowing his already, "My name is Max, Max Black. I am the reigning Champion from my home. Where I come from everyone knows my face so it isn't so much a surprise that Sebastian knows of me already." He raised his arm, his fist stopping over his heart, and flexed - bulging his muscles as a show of strength. "I was also a peace-keeper." His face turned into a big smile, one that brought many people delight -- young and old; his eyes lit up as he remembered many victories, he rarely knew the taste of defeat. "So try not to worry when you're around me, I will be your shield."

Looking over the group, he wasn't sure how they'd take his words, he wanted to put everyone in a better mood, "It's good to meet all of you!" His voice boomed followed by a hearty laugh. "Let's tear some shit up!" He cheered, perhaps a little too earnestly, as he raised his fist to the sky.

Registered
    Feb 2018
    Way too many to count.....

Sunshine's eyes widened at Sebastian's response and she immediately became flustered. "Ah, um, thank you, though I'm not quite so sure it's good at the moment," she replied, mumbling the last part. "As for my, um, situation,it's a bit........personal....And I'd like to keep it on the DL. So if you could spare a moment later we can talk about it. In private."

Sebastian nodded at her, which he assumed meant that they would talk later. Sunshine threw him a thankful smile before turning her attention to Cage, as he announced himself. His recent thoughts caught her attention and she felt sympathy for him. Crouching down in front of him, she spoke to him in a lowered voice to avoid drawing attention.

"Hey. I know you're worrying about your friends." Cage gave her a confused look. Sunshine tapped the side of her head. "I can hear your thoughts. Don't ask me how. Anyway, I just wanted to say that we all have someone we're worrying about right now," she explained turning to the room full of people. "But your friends," she continued, turning back to him, " they must be strong! I can tell you are, so they must be if they're in a group with you! Cut them some slack. They'll never grow if they're constantly looked out for. Give them a chance. And you'll find your way back to them. I'm sure of it! " She offered him a bright, closed-eye smile before looking at him once more. "By the way, I love your hair!"

Sunshine immediately stood up, turned on her heel to faced the room, and announced, "Oh yeah! And I'm Sasha Sylver! You guys can call me Sunshine!!" She struck a pose, holding a peace sign over one of her eyes, before skipping off to join the growing group of people mingling.(Sahara, Rae, Aidan, etc.)
    Last edited by AtDuskIThinkofU; August 8, 2018 at 09:33 PM.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Shadow of War, Persona 5, OneShot

Cage felt his eyes widen as the girl whispered to him. It was a lot to take in, sympathy, advice, compliments. He rubbed his hand over the tuft of hair that decorated the top of his head, one of the few unmodified surfaces. "You...I....Thank you?" he added finally. Not certain what to say. Perhaps she was right. He had always cared for the Digital Dogs, taken care of them. Maybe they would flourish without him. He wasn't sure he liked the thought, but it still brought him a bit of comfort.

With an exertion of will he managed to keep himself from becoming misty-eyed. He loved the Dogs. Especially Pax. The background ringing of his out of date mods once again returned and he cleared his throat and looked around for distraction of some kind. Scanning the room, he finally settled on the boisterous man who had spoken earlier. Max, he had said his name was. He approached him with confidence, and tried not to appear threatening.

"You said you were the 'champion' of your city." Cage attempted to suppress a wince as the ringing in his head grew louder. It dissipated suddenly. He counted his blessings, usually it faded in and out for hours. "What does that mean? You're some kind of soldier?"

Registered
    Jun 2005
    League, Isaac, Straimium Immortaly

Max looked down to the one who had approached him, "In my home we've no need for typical soldiers, should a dispute need to be settled it is settled in the ring." He could tell his words weren't making much sense, "Allow me to try again." With a moment of thought and a deep breath, he continued on. "Each city or settlement has a duke or duchhess who holds a tournament each cycle to decide who their respective champion is. Those then fight atop God's Might, a mountain that can be seen from cities all over, to become THE Champ; which was me. I was a symbol of peace and strength to both young and old. Defender of Justice, the Unyealding Wall and Hammer of God: Max Black." Max's voice rose, unknowingly, as he recited some of the titles bestowed upon him. He hadn't realized how long he was going on but he hoped that cleared up some of the confusion. It isn't often a thing that would ever even have to be explained; everyone seemed to know it by birth.

Looking around the white room, he couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity, but if it reminded him of some sort of training room, he couldn't say. There was just something nagging at the back of his mind that he couldn't let go. He ran a hand through his auburn hair, as he tried to make his next comment brief. "To put it in another way, we act as a force for when matters aren't deadly. We still have some form of special unit when needed, but I've never heard of such a case. As far as I've known, it's always been that way."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12