Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Registered
    Jun 2016
    Playing
    None

Default Re: Worst KH pairing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Oh. I've actually always really liked Roxas/Namine. Funny, you rarely hear about Roxas/Hayner*, but that's my favorite of all the different Roxas pairings.

*Although I guess Roxas never really met the real Hayner--but Hayner's reaction when Sora leaves TT makes it seem like his heart at least is responding to Roxas, which is odd.
    It's kinda like The Grid Tron reacting to Sora's friendship to Space Paranoids Tron, it's weird, but heart magic!

Registered
    Apr 2015
    KHUX

Quote Originally Posted by Kounelli View Post
    Aqua x Ven is pretty high on the list for me. I see it and Vanitas x Aqua a lot and it makes me uncomfortable since she's a grown woman and he's like 15.
    Same thing goes for Terra/Ven and Terra/Vanitas (A ship I didn't know existed until recently).

*manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Roxas and...
    Namine. They're basically siblings.
    Xion. Clone sibling.
    Sora. His dad.
    Kairi. His mom.
    Ventus. Other dad.

And I kinda have a hard time with any other pairings involving Roxas and Ven because they're both pretty much mentally 8 years old.

Registered
    Feb 2011
    Unchained Key, like someone dying of thirst coming across water for the first time in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    Tbh almost everything can be really good depending on the writer.
    Truth. Unless it's some of the abusive or pedophilia pairings mentioned above. Even if the writing's good in that case, I'm not shipping it. Same thing goes for human/animal couples (which I know someone else already said).

As for OT3s... For the most part, I'm a "just ship two people together" kind of girl (though I can ship multiple things for one person at a time: for instance, RokuNami and RokuShi), but sometimes I can kind of like them. Tumblr's making me fall pretty hard for SoRiKai these days, I mean.

Edit: I also agree with FudgeMint on finding it hard to ship Roxas, Xion, and Nami with people, since they're all mentally so young (especially Roxas and Xion). And have only even been alive for a year, at most.

Registered
    Mar 2017
    None

Leon x Sora. I've seen it around and it highly disturbs me. Especially since Sora went up to about Leon's stomach in height back in KHI. It doesn't help that most portrayals of the pairing really do make Sora significantly younger and illegal.

I also can't stand Roxas/Namine. Why? Because the entire pairing is a plot hole. I remember being excited to see how the two got so close in KHII when it was time to play 358/2 Days, just to find out that they never even met. So essentially, they only had that entire scene at the end of KHII because Sokai. Never have your pairings ride the coattails of another; it's about as bad as having an entire character that only exists to be the love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by LightUpTheSky452 View Post
    I will probably never be big on SoRiku, because of the fandom (one person on Tumblr stole my username twice when I gave it up. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but the second time I realized that it wasn't. And I'm a Kairi fan--and defended her and SoKai on my Tumblr--but when this person stole my name, they turned it into a Kairi bashing Tumblr and a SoRiku one. And it was as if they were trying to trick people into thinking that I'd completely switched sides, when I hadn't. And this was my username for EVERY SINGLE SITE I EVER HAD. Fortunately, I was able to change my username on said other sites, even though it cost me money to do so on deviantArt, but I was in a very bad place at this time. Even near suicidal over it, if I'm being one-hundred percent honest here. They also stalked me on Tumblr; and for the longest time I couldn't block them because of the crappy blocking system there, and they made fun of the way I tag things, etc. And apparently I'm not even the only one where something like this happened to because of the SoRiku fans!). But it just sucks, but I actually see the appeal of SoRiku. But hell, if I'm ever going to ship that thing after stuff like this. And this isn't even the half of some other stuff I've seen from them. But I know all SoRiku fans aren't like this, of course. Just some of them. And yes, I know that every ship has its good and bad apples.
    Is the topic "worst KH pairing" or "worst KH fandom" though? The fandom of any pairing can be argued as being crap.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I used to ship Leon/Sora. (Granted, I was Sora's age when the series began...) I think its existence is mostly to do with Squall being beefed up in KH. Now that I'm older it's a bit...er, odd in retrospect, lol.

Registered
    May 2017
    Crash Bandicoot, FF XII

I've always hated Roxas/ Axel. Roxas has the soul of a 15-16 year old boy, while Axel looks to be 20 +. Just nope.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Lea and Isa. Not because they're a bad pairing, but because I want to know why they became friends in the first place. However, this franchise won't dwell on that notion.

Registered
    Jul 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Pokie View Post
    I've always hated Roxas/ Axel. Roxas has the soul of a 15-16 year old boy, while Axel looks to be 20 +. Just nope.
    More like the body of a 15-year-old and the mind of a preschooler, at least in Days. Even more nope right there.

I LOST A D23 PREDICTION BET Chuman's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2008

seen this gif used a lot referencing a pairing but i dont get it, its just roxas by himself.

Registered
    Nov 2005

Ariel x Eric. Like geez Ariel, you barely even know the guy & you're already throwing out your voice (literally) for him. You basically made yourself a bum in a world where singing is Law for someone who was probably drowning in suitors anyway. Plus he's not even the 1st landlubber you even met. You've known Sora for a whole year prior & you never made any moves on him. Guy was on the rebound after having just broken up with his boyfriend in the whale level, THE OPPORTUNITY WAS THERE!

& don't get me started on Jack x Sally.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOsprey View Post
    More like the body of a 15-year-old and the mind of a preschooler, at least in Days. Even more nope right there.
    That's certainly the main "problematic" issue about it.

There are quite some countries around the world where age of consent is 15 or even 14 so while a more close relationship between people of such age and someone who's between two and four years older may look inappropriate for some depending on where you live it may not be illegal at all.

Yet, specifically in Roxas' case it is obvious there would be a huge power imbalance if the other side is Axel/Lea.

Registered
    Jul 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    That's certainly the main "problematic" issue about it.

There are quite some countries around the world where age of consent is 15 or even 14 so while a more close relationship between people of such age and someone who's between two and four years older may look inappropriate for some depending on where you live it may not be illegal at all.

Yet, specifically in Roxas' case it is obvious there would be a huge power imbalance if the other side is Axel/Lea.
    Physical and mental age aside though, Flamesilocks over there also is manipulative, a liar, and has a homicidal streak a mile wide. Okay, maybe that last part got toned down post-CoM but the other things stuck around and damaged his friendship with Roxas. If that's enough to get a platonic pair to go sour, I don't wanna think about what it'd do for a romantic one.

Registered
    Mar 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by MATGSY View Post
    Ariel x Eric. Like geez Ariel, you barely even know the guy & you're already throwing out your voice (literally) for him. You basically made yourself a bum in a world where singing is Law for someone who was probably drowning in suitors anyway. Plus he's not even the 1st landlubber you even met. You've known Sora for a whole year prior & you never made any moves on him. Guy was on the rebound after having just broken up with his boyfriend in the whale level, THE OPPORTUNITY WAS THERE!

& don't get me started on Jack x Sally.
    Joking for the SoRiku pairing aside, technically they didn't know Sora was a human in Atlantica, just that he was from another world. Sora never outright said he was human when Triton found out he was the Key bearer. For all we know, Triton could've thought Sora was a merman from a different world as opposed to a human. And whenever they visited, SDG never changed forms to go up on land with Ariel(probably something to do with "world order" but we'll never know).

On topic, I have no idea if people ship this, but a bad pairing would be Naminé and Larxene. I figure the reasons are obvious.

EDIT: Also, would this topic not be more suited for the KH General thread?

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Axel/Roxas doesn't seem bizarre to me? Roxas always came across closer to 17, but that may be because of how serious he was in the prologue, while Axel seemed around 21-23. I think even my mom was that age when she first met and was dating my sister's father (who was 20+ at the time).

Axel's not my favorite character by any means, but Axel was also a victim of the Organization just like Roxas. I wouldn't say there was much of a power imbalance between them. Terra/Ventus probably sends up these flags to me more than Axel/Roxas even though Terra is younger than Axel, just because Ventus acts like a 5 year-old and he was severely abused by Xehanort.
    Last edited by Tartarus; July 18, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast